Godzilla King of the Monsters Speculation Thread [NO SPOILERS]

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
UltramanGoji

Re: The Godzilla 2 Speculation Thread [NO SPOILERS]

Post by UltramanGoji »

Oh well. Not everyone likes Godzilla.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

scmtkings4 wrote:I have some negative anecdotal evidence.

was speaking to a teller at my company's bank and asked him if he would be watching the new godzilla movie. he pretty much said he had seen the 1998 one, the 2014 and he's tired of godzilla. there were no good movies that he had seen and he's seen "alot". Told me he wouldn't be watching this one.
And yet...Nobody gets tired of superhero films? The irony... :lol:

Spuro
Keizer

Post by Spuro »

was speaking to a teller at my company's bank and asked him if he would be watching the new godzilla movie. he pretty much said he had seen the 1998 one, the 2014 and he's tired of godzilla. there were no good movies that he had seen and he's seen "alot". Told me he wouldn't be watching this one.
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gYMGD9Z3_1Y
eabaker wrote: You can't parse duende.
Breakdown wrote: HP Lovecraft's cat should be the ultimate villain of the MonsterVerse.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

UltramanGoji wrote:Oh well. Not everyone likes Godzilla.
And because of that the world is fuqed up. I think we ALL need GODzilla in our lives.

NSZ
Xilien Halfling

Post by NSZ »

I mean, not to dismiss your "evidence", but, uh... This dude sounds like he just doesn't like movies in general.
"But, uh, you hadn't told us to listen to you yet. So I didn't."

"No one takes the Tank Police seriously anymore!"

scmtkings4
Samurai

Post by scmtkings4 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:

And yet...Nobody gets tired of superhero films? The irony... :lol:
i literally said the same thing to him. I said Marvel comes out with a million movies and I bet you went to watch all of them. and he goes "yeah and i bet all of them are better than this godzilla movie will be".

I mean i was cool with his opinion. I don't care too much as I'll still watch it. Just shows that the GA may not all rush to see it

Added in 1 minute 9 seconds:
NSZ wrote:

I mean, not to dismiss your "evidence", but, uh... This dude sounds like he just doesn't like movies in general.
my bad for the confusion. He said he had seen alot of godzilla movies and he didn't really like any of them.

This might just be the mindset for most general audience

Added in 41 seconds:
UltramanGoji wrote:Oh well. Not everyone likes Godzilla.

My thoughts exactly. You can't win them all, and that's okay.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

scmtkings4 wrote: This might just be the mindset for most general audience
But it's one guy. We can't come to conclusions either way with a sample size so small.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

I was watching G14 the other day and my grandma walked by and said there is no way she's seeing KOTM. We are in trouble
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Godzilla21 wrote:I was watching G14 the other day and my grandma walked by and said there is no way she's seeing KOTM. We are in trouble
OAP's make up a higher number of the population and their numbers only increase as people age. Godzilla's fucked. 65 year old Franchise killed by the 65 year olds.
Last edited by Smuggers on Mon May 20, 2019 1:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Smuggers wrote:
scmtkings4 wrote: This might just be the mindset for most general audience
But it's one guy. We can't come to conclusions either way with a sample size so small.
But what if this one guy is the most important guy to the franchise success?

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

I honestly fail to see the problem here. From the sound of his comment it sounds like he just doesn't like Godzilla in general, which is perfectly fine lol. Different strokes for different folks. Nothing to get worried about lmao :lol:

Moth
G-Grasper

Post by Moth »

Two people don't want to see it?! $2-5 mil box office! Doomed!
Wait this isn't the box office thread.
Chris55 wrote: Godzilla: Green bikini edition
Major sssspielberg! wrote: Mon Feb 27, 2023 11:24 am Yeah, I saw The Room thinking it would be fun and got stuck behind a guy yelling "EAT HIS ASS" the entire movie. It was awful.
Jomei wrote: Wed Nov 29, 2023 6:13 pm It sounds like Yamazaki has delivered the Extra Large KINO Pie with extra Gojironi.

:Mothra61: sticking out your gyatt for the rizzler :Mothra61:

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

LMAO this thread right now. :lol:
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Mon May 20, 2019 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

It's a hard franchise to get into and most of the latter half of it are bad films anyways, wouldn't blame the guy, not would I doubt that it's a widespread sentiment,
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

Mr_Goji_and_Watch wrote:It's a hard franchise to get into and most of the latter half of it are bad films anyways, wouldn't blame the guy, not would I doubt that it's a widespread sentiment,
Sorry kino grandpa, but they're modern so they're better, okay sweetie? Maybe if this guy started with Megaguirus or Final Wars he'd be singing a different tune.

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Given how Dumbo underperformed may had played a part for why Aladdin might not do as well but I'm still keeping an open mind it could perform greatly.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Smuggers wrote:OAP's make up a higher number of the population and their numbers only increase as people age. Godzilla's fucked. 65 year old Franchise killed by the 65 year olds.
The fuck is an OAP? “Old Aged Person?” Whatever happened to calling them seniors lol
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

gottatalktothefake
Futurian

Post by gottatalktothefake »

Dv-218 wrote:I honestly fail to see the problem here. From the sound of his comment it sounds like he just doesn't like Godzilla in general, which is perfectly fine lol. Different strokes for different folks. Nothing to get worried about lmao :lol:
This is Tohokingdom, we can’t be logical, we have to lack theory of mind
GojiSquid wrote: Tue Oct 31, 2023 7:58 am TBF if a movie has a sex scene without a monster mash, then is it really a graveyard smash?

Dv-218
Futurian

Post by Dv-218 »

gottatalktothefake wrote:
Dv-218 wrote:I honestly fail to see the problem here. From the sound of his comment it sounds like he just doesn't like Godzilla in general, which is perfectly fine lol. Different strokes for different folks. Nothing to get worried about lmao :lol:
This is Tohokingdom, we can’t be logical, we have to lack theory of mind
I mean, something has to give a group it's recognizeable identity. In the case of TK it's the complete lack of rationality that bonds us :lol:

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

‘CAUSE NOW THE WORLD DON’T MOVE
TO THE BEAT OF JUST ONE DRUM
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST