Godzilla King of the Monsters Speculation Thread [NO SPOILERS]

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Re: The Godzilla 2 Speculation Thread

Post by vibramrunner »

Ivo-goji wrote:
Lain Of The Wired wrote:Godzilla 3 IS Godzilla vs. Kong.
I think a lot of people are going to be really disappointed when they learn that (well, just those who thought an extra movie was going to be a thing)
We still don't actually know that.
No, but there's no evidence of a third movie outside of G vs KK. It could happen, but there's nothing to base that on right now.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I'm sure Chris would know, I'm pretty sure he'd let us know if there were meant to be 4 movies.

Stop getting your hopes up. Godzilla 3 is GvK
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:I'm sure Chris would know, I'm pretty sure he'd let us know if there were meant to be 4 movies.

Godzilla vs K is not Godzilla 3. Gkdzilla 3 still coming will however depend of Kotm and GvsK's box office.

GvsK is a crossover.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

Just because it's a crossover doesn't mean it's not Godzilla 3. Trust me, I don't want it to count as G3, but we shouldn't expect it not to simply because it's a crossover.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

This is why I hate using numbers to define films. There is no "Godzilla 3," just as there is no "Godzilla 2." It's Godzilla: King of the Monsters and Godzilla vs. Kong.

It's the third film to feature Legendary's Godzilla. It's that fucking simple. If WB/Legendary want to continue making movies with Godzilla, they can renew the license if Toho will allow it. We haven't even made it to movie #2, so everyone can just sit back and enjoy the ride. That's years away.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Cookson
Futurian

Post by Cookson »

Showa Gyaos wrote:This is why I hate using numbers to define films. There is no "Godzilla 3," just as there is no "Godzilla 2." It's Godzilla: King of the Monsters and Godzilla vs. Kong.

It's the third film to feature Legendary's Godzilla. It's that skreeonking simple. If WB/Legendary want to continue making movies with Godzilla, they can renew the license if Toho will allow it. We haven't even made it to movie #2, so everyone can just sit back and enjoy the ride. That's years away.
Yup..This is pretty much correct. Let's just get to Godzilla's third film, Godzilla vs Kong.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla vs Kong is not Godzilla 3, its like saying the Avengers was Iron Man 3 or Captain America 2. Godzilla vs Kong is the third legendary pictures Godzilla film and it might be the last one we get but it isnt Godzilla's second sequel. If the movies are successful were getting Godzilla 3 and Skull Island 2 after Godzilla vs Kong.
Last edited by miguelnuva on Tue Feb 21, 2017 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

miguelnuva wrote:Godzilla vs Kong is not Godzilla 3, its like saying the Avengers was Iron Man 3 or Captain America 2. Godzilla vs Kong is the third legendary pictures Godzilla film and it might be the last one we get but it is Godzilla's second sequel.
I'm not sure if you just contradicted yourself or if that last part was just a typo.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Dr. Professor wrote:
miguelnuva wrote:Godzilla vs Kong is not Godzilla 3, its like saying the Avengers was Iron Man 3 or Captain America 2. Godzilla vs Kong is the third legendary pictures Godzilla film and it might be the last one we get but it is Godzilla's second sequel.
I'm not sure if you just contradicted yourself or if that last part was just a typo.
Yep, I meant its not his second sequel.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

I really hope Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah get lots of personality. Kong: SI does show they can do that to monsters.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:I'm sure Chris would know, I'm pretty sure he'd let us know if there were meant to be 4 movies.

Well even if Godzilla vs Kong is G3 (and oddly Kong 2) we technically got 4 films because of Kong 1. It's not Godzilla related but since the 2020 film is a crossover it kind of has to count since Kong would be literally coming out of nowhere without Kong: Skull Island to explain how GvsK happens. :P

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

BREAKING!

Looks like there might be a story on Blackhall Studios later: https://www.instagram.com/p/BQxlZmUA385/

This doesn't guarantee that we will hear anything about Godzilla, but you never know

Added in 4 hours 32 minutes 48 seconds:
Guy from King Kong 2005 added to cast!

http://variety.com/2017/film/news/kyle- ... 201988190/
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

Godzillasylum
Monarch Researcher

Post by Godzillasylum »

vibramrunner wrote:It would be really awesome if Ghidorah is able to devastate the planet, and the Monsterverse enters a post-First World era, ala Mad Max or something. Maybe that's taking it a little too far, but it'd be different and Ghidorah would like pretty baaad.
Oh wow... I actually really like this idea. It wouldn't be a cliche idea and something new all together, I think that sounds amazing!
Good hunter... May you find your worth in the waking world.

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

^ Thanks! Now all we need is 200 million dollars for the budget and we'll make the movie ourselves!! :lol:

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

So Dougherty tweeted this: https://twitter.com/mike_dougherty/stat ... 3202957312
Wasn't the meteor Ghidorah came from in GTTHM was like a giant, crystalline magnet.
Spoiler:
Plus what being said about the post credit scene of Kong, 60,000 years would be old enough for cave drawings.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Gojira18
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira18 »

Tyrant28 wrote:So Dougherty tweeted this: https://twitter.com/mike_dougherty/stat ... 3202957312
Wasn't the meteor Ghidorah came from in GTTHM was like a giant, crystalline magnet.
Spoiler:
Plus what being said about the post credit scene of Kong, 60,000 years would be old enough for cave drawings.
I'm not exactly sure. I may have to check again. But, you have my attention!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

If this hint proves to be true, then I'm satisfied. Keeping King Ghidorah's alien origin is the way to keep him as the King of Terror he is going across space destroying civilizations alike.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Tyrant28 wrote:So Dougherty tweeted this: https://twitter.com/mike_dougherty/stat ... 3202957312
Spoiler:
Yes it was also could be a backdoor hint at SpaceGodzilla.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:If this hint proves to be true, then I'm satisfied. Keeping King Ghidorah's alien origin is the way to keep him as the King of Terror he is going across space destroying civilizations alike.
Definately. I'm just hoping they can keep it grounded enough for the audience to tolerate.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

ernesth100 wrote:Definately. I'm just hoping they can keep it grounded enough for the audience to tolerate.
When you say grounded? You mean realistic right? Because that's not what Legendary is going for, the whole "grounded" thing is aimed more for how people in real life would react to giant monsters actually existing.