Godzilla King of the Monsters Speculation Thread [NO SPOILERS]

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Dr. Professor
Futurian

Re: The Godzilla 2 Speculation Thread [NO SPOILERS]

Post by Dr. Professor »

TheInfiniteAeon wrote:Alright what's all this about Godzilla having his 2014 spikes in KOTM? I'm looking at the image from the Empire article and I think people are reaching because of the camera angle and it looks like his spikes went out of frame.
I definitely think people are reaching. We're looking at them head on so there's no way to tell anyway.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

Godzilla 1986
JXSDF Technician

Post by Godzilla 1986 »

Just noticed this. This is a panel at Monsterpalooza in Pasadena, CA. I will be attending the con, and obviously attending this. I’m suspecting he will have either footage or a new trailer to show, and if the latter, I would suspect it would be out for the public sometime before then. The idea that it might come out at Wondercon at the end of this month might be true.

Audience Member:"What are your thoughts on the Godzilla gijinkas?"
Michael Dougherty:"............I have no idea what that is. Next question."
(Yes, this actually happened)

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Godzilla 1986 wrote:Just noticed this. This is a panel at Monsterpalooza in Pasadena, CA. I will be attending the con, and obviously attending this. I’m suspecting he will have either footage or a new trailer to show, and if the latter, I would suspect it would be out for the public sometime before then. The idea that it might come out at Wondercon at the end of this month might be true.

We've talked about this a few weeks ago. I'm hoping for the same stuff.

See you there
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

Godzilla did not skip shoulders and chest day! Dude's been beefing up a lot probably sensing the imminent King Ghidora threat, what an absolute monster.

Gojira2K
EDF Instructor

Post by Gojira2K »

Slightly higher resolution version of the new Empire still:
Twelfth Brother, Jedi Killer
Brazilian Moviegoers
Spoiler:
G2000 wrote:
KinoKaiser wrote:Is the Brazil market big or something?
Definitely, there's like a Brazilian moviegoers there
TK Park
Spoiler:
_JNavs_ wrote:
goji89 wrote:
_JNavs_ wrote: Dun dun
dun dun
dah dah dah
da da
da dunnnnnnnnn

*Giant BARAGONBREH comes out of the woods and roars*

*A bunch of Goji89s run across the screen in packs" :lol:
Go faster! *Baragonbreh in mirror is closer than he appears*
*Baragonbreh sneaks up on 3 unsuspecting New TK user raptors and just mauls them before disappearing*

TheInfiniteAeon
Monarch Researcher

Post by TheInfiniteAeon »

I hope the next full trailer they put out uses Bear McCreary's score.
In a post-Shin Godzilla world, the kaiju genre should, more than ever before, be held to standards of quality that are more than just "big monster go rawr". Don't act surprised when you get trash movies when your core audience asks for nothing but the bare minimum.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

A part of me kind of hoped that they save the theme for the actual movie; it’ll be that more special bumping out to it inside of the theater for the first time.
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Thu Mar 21, 2019 3:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

I'm actually starting to wonder if a another trailer is actually necessary at this point between the first 2 trailers and tv spots they showed enough without spoiling much and I prefer they kept it that way since they already proved this will be more action packed than G14 and also the sample from Tokyo Comic Con was enough for me no need to spoil anything by listing the soundtrack at until a few days before the film comes out.
Last edited by Godzilla2000Zero on Thu Mar 21, 2019 5:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

What power lifting routine is Godzilla on? Because I need to get on that!

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

We'll probably get one a couple weeks before the film actually drops. That's what happened with KSI's 3rd trailer. Of course if you don't count Skull Island's SDCC trailer it only had two. So maybe not.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

KingKaiju wrote:What power lifting routine is Godzilla on? Because I need to get on that!
He was getting to the grove of things in 2014 and realised he was outta shape so he trained for 5 years in the moment Ghidorah returned. Much healthier now
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

KingKaiju
Futurian

Post by KingKaiju »

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:
KingKaiju wrote:What power lifting routine is Godzilla on? Because I need to get on that!
He was getting to the grove of things in 2014 and realised he was outta shape so he trained for 5 years in the moment Ghidorah returned. Much healthier now
I just hope he didn't try to add so much muscle that it's affected his cardio. Don't want him punching himself before the first round is over.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Wondercon usually so a scene from thw movie I think at at they showed Hawaii scene for 2014 at least so I imagine they do the same maybe the Mexico battle perhaps.

For our sake I hope not either KingKaiju

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

I still have the leaked Wondercon clip saved on my computer, and the leaked work print version of the first trailer, good memories. Excited for anything new, can't wait to see what Chris drops on this site today.

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Shame the Wondercon clip was better than the finished one The Wave was always my favorite score from 2014 soundtrack

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

GFAN198423 wrote:I still have the leaked Wondercon clip saved on my computer, and the leaked work print version of the first trailer, good memories. Excited for anything new, can't wait to see what Chris drops on this site today.
Chris is dropping an on set report today, as are loads of other sites

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

GFAN198423 wrote:I still have the leaked Wondercon clip saved on my computer, and the leaked work print version of the first trailer, good memories. Excited for anything new, can't wait to see what Chris drops on this site today.
It'll take you a little bit to get through. A mix of text and about over an hour of audio.

Added in 10 minutes 18 seconds:
https://www.tohokingdom.com/blog/visiti ... -monsters/

It's stuck in the blog section for now but will make it's way into the main page updates etc when Josh gets home. Hope you guys like it!
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

Thanks Chris, Collider has also dropped an interview.

http://collider.com/godzilla-king-of-th ... ce=twitter

vibramrunner
JXSDF Technician

Post by vibramrunner »

I very much appreciate the interviews, Chris, but I will heed your advice and listen AFTER I see the movie.

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

vibramrunner wrote:I very much appreciate the interviews, Chris, but I will heed your advice and listen AFTER I see the movie.
That's what I'd do. How often can you go into a Godzilla film with a fresh mind?
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.