Godzilla King of the Monsters Speculation Thread [NO SPOILERS]

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Re: The Godzilla 2 Speculation Thread

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Only way I'm up for Mechagodzilla being build by humans is through an 20+ year timeskip otherwise I'd rather he go back to his Showa routes.

morgoth
G-Force Personnel

Post by morgoth »

Godzilla21 wrote:MG will show up in this universe.
I agree; One of Toho's "Big 5" after all.
"The wait was not a long one."

"The Devil has three heads."

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Only way I'm up for Mechagodzilla being build by humans is through an 20+ year timeskip otherwise I'd rather he go back to his Showa routes.
Not unless it's explained that the metals used for him are alien and are from the Ghidorah crash site, so he's incredibly light and well maneuverable. Man knew how to build something like that what with all the world's best scientists being brought together, but really there just isn't enough elements/money to build it, and with the world all pitching in this takes care of the money and the alien metals taking care of the elements problem. I'd rather have another monster, but if the rumors of MG appearing are true I'm giving a reason showing how it's possible to realistically have him in this universe while progressing the story of the MV and the archs of Godzilla and Kong.
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

KingKong2005 wrote:Not unless it's explained that the metals used for him are alien and are from the Ghidorah crash site, so he's incredibly light and well maneuverable. Man knew how to build something like that what with all the world's best scientists being brought together, but really there just isn't enough elements/money to build it, and with the world all pitching in this takes care of the money and the alien metals taking care of the elements problem. I'd rather have another monster, but if the rumors of MG appearing are true I'm giving a reason showing how it's possible to realistically have him in this universe while progressing the story of the MV and the archs of Godzilla and Kong.
That I could take since it has alien origin to it so in other words reverse engineering kind of and still has some of its alien roots to it.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:48 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Dr. Professor
Futurian

Post by Dr. Professor »

KingKong2005 wrote:
GodzillaFan1990's wrote:Only way I'm up for Mechagodzilla being build by humans is through an 20+ year timeskip otherwise I'd rather he go back to his Showa routes.
Not unless it's explained that the metals used for him are alien and are from the Ghidorah crash site
What crash site? He's discovered frozen in ice.
Resized Image
(Art by Lisa Naffziger)

Co-host (Nick) of G-Force: A Kaiju Podcast
Twitter | Instagram | Facebook

RIP Evan A. Baker :serizawa:

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Dr. Professor wrote:What crash site? He's discovered frozen in ice.
That still doesn't mean he's alien (Or an alien connection such as once being an earth monster before contact with alien microbes/bacteria that came to earth through meteorite that mutated him) never the less which he likely will be although I expect it being only implied at best with the rest shrouded in mystery.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Mar 14, 2018 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

Dr. Professor wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:
Not unless it's explained that the metals used for him are alien and are from the Ghidorah crash site
What crash site? He's discovered frozen in ice.
Near that area there could be a crater sort of thing where scientists theorize a massive organism as big as Ghidorah (who's really the only monster big enough to cause such a crater) would have arrived on earth, and where he crashed he created a home there so after hunting he'd always come back to that specific area. After being weakened by other Godzilla's, he finally killed what he presumed to be the last Godzilla before going into a comatose state to hibernate only the be frozen in the ice.
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

KingKong2005 wrote:Near that area there could be a crater sort of thing where scientists theorize a massive organism as big as Ghidorah (who's really the only monster big enough to cause such a crater) would have arrived on earth, and where he crashed he created a home there so after hunting he'd always come back to that specific area. After being weakened by other Godzilla's, he finally killed what he presumed to be the last Godzilla before going into a comatose state to hibernate only the be frozen in the ice.
I would say based on the cave paintings seen in the post-credits of Kong: Skull Island this is how I thought it went down.

Here's my ideal headcanon timeline to this.
Permian-Triassic Extinction Event, 250 million years ago: King Ghidorah arrives on earth and begins leaving waste killing off nearly 90-96% percent of all life but not without Godzilla's species fighting back which leads to the extinction of their race. Severely weakened and injured. The wounded King Ghidorah retreats into space leaving the earth devastated not knowing though a young creature (Godzilla) watches the three-headed dragon flying off swearing revenge for the extinction of his race if he ever returns.

Younger Dryas impact hypothesis, 12,900 years ago: Earth sees the return of King Ghidorah who arrives in the form of what would become the Younger Dryas impact hypothesis. King Ghidorah once more begins attacking the earth only for an now fully grown Godzilla to engage along with the help of Mothra and Rodan. Their battle leading them to Antarctica where they defeat King Ghidorah and supposedly kills him after being covered by an avalanche. With King Ghidorah supposedly dead. The three parts their ways. During their fight. A group of human hunters had experienced the earth-shattering fight leading to the cave paintings seen in the post-credits of Kong: Skull Island.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:00 pm, edited 9 times in total.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

^my god man you edited that 9 times??!
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

KingKong2005 wrote:^my god man you edited that 9 times??!
Apparently had a lot of types I missed. I know it's embarrassing... :lol: :oops:

LegendaryGoji
Monarch Researcher

Post by LegendaryGoji »

This is why you should proofread your stuff before posting it. ^^'
THE DEVIL HAS THREE HEADS

JesstrK
G-Force Personnel

Post by JesstrK »

KingKong2005 wrote:
Not unless it's explained that the metals used for him are alien and are from the Ghidorah crash site, so he's incredibly light and well maneuverable. Man knew how to build something like that what with all the world's best scientists being brought together, but really there just isn't enough elements/money to build it, and with the world all pitching in this takes care of the money and the alien metals taking care of the elements problem. I'd rather have another monster, but if the rumors of MG appearing are true I'm giving a reason showing how it's possible to realistically have him in this universe while progressing the story of the MV and the archs of Godzilla and Kong.
Maybe King Ghidorah emerges from a meteor cocoon/shell like in the Showa movies. The meteor is comprised of the alien metal, far stronger than any metal on earth. The Government or whoever, frustrated at how their defenses and weapons are generally useless against kaiju, uses the space metal to build Mechagodzilla during a 20 year timeskip. Maybe they use the skeleton of the other Godzilla for a framework like Mechagodzilla 3. The shobijin (if they are included) warn against this, but are ignored. Mechagodzilla is meant to combat Godzilla and the other kaiju, but the metal is unstable due to King Ghidorah's residual dark energy, and eventually corrupts Mechagodzilla who goes rogue and must be stopped by Godzilla, who once again has to clean up mankind's mess. A similar plot could be used for Mecha King Ghidorah.
Last edited by JesstrK on Thu Mar 15, 2018 7:06 am, edited 2 times in total.

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

KingKong2005 wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:Glad to see I'm not the only one here eye rolling anytime Destroyah's brought up...

Wonder if Mechagodzilla will show up in Godzilla versus Kong or somewhere down the line to destroy all MUTOs though...
Spoiler:
Rumor has it WB has the rights for Mechagodzilla anyway
You know what, that's a perfectly plausible and logistic way of having MG show up! It would have to be extremely realistic in terms of how they build him and how he's able to move since he'd weigh a lot, all countries band together to pitch money to build this thing, the world's greatest scientists all come together to create this thing, and that would explain how MG is built. Hell, I'd love to see them explore Ghidorah's origins more in this film (that hopefully takes place after GVK), how, you ask? Show he's more alien like by having scientists uncover certain metals and alloids that are very light in weight and allow for MG to move so freely at 350+ ft. I think that would be a really plausible and believable way to have MG in this universe, but story is #1 priority! This goes for all the MV films and what makes it differ from Pacific Rim status, is that it's far more character driven and not 50% monster action. Yeah we want a lot of monster action, but not so much so that it becomes oversaturated and in turn less valuable, which I'm sure is how PRU is doing. I want each film to tell a good story and not be a repeat of the "prehistoric leftover" origin for monsters, or the "if these monsters are free they will destroy the world by populating it greatly" like we got with the Skull Crawlers and Mutos. Like I want Godzilla to have a story arch, I want to see after GVK him become quite villainous and transition from the restorer of balance to the destroyer.

Like just imagine, MG is built because humanity acknowledges Godzilla as a hero (which they obviously overthink because he hasn't payed attention to humans so far), as MG exterminates Mutos, they arrive on Skull Island only for us to get a King Kong vs MechaGodzilla battle, both monsters are wounded but Kong ultimately wins (he went up against Godzilla in the last film what're you expecting), realizing the true dangers of Skull Island the humans nuke the island (try to nuke something at least), Kong's demise is left uncertain, Godzilla is awakened (possibly even scarred and battered due to being in close proximity) making Kong's demise even more likely, and this time Godzilla is pissed. He attacks a city in pure rage, and MechaGodzilla arrives to stop him. We get an amazing battle between them, Mothra or Rodan join in depending on how they're portrayed (most likely Mothra), and after the battle is over all kaiju are badly injured and Godzilla is barely standing. MG's humans are ordered to kill Godzilla, and even they don't want to do it. They try to convince the government, but the orders are given followed by consequences such as them being considered as terrorists and performing acts of treason if they don't, so this makes them either be forced to do it or try to refuse and destroy MG so it won't be used for evil, and Mothra intervenes with MG and stops it from being able to kill Godzilla. The battle is over, Mothra makes sure Godzilla won't do harm. Hell imagine if our main character was a dope pilot for the MG, like Raleigh in PR. Light hearted but deep when the story requires. I think this would be a perfect movie to have MG in and to bridge the gap from GVK to the movie after. And after this film we could probably get a Mothra spin off movie, but it'd need to be extremely interesting and pulling. Also, the end credit scene would reveal Kong to be alive and badly injured, be swimming somewhere and find another island. Kong would be a villain for like the first time and it'd be cool. Idk, the idea of Kong being fully enraged at humans the same way Godzilla was is interesting, and with Kong's intelligence he could somehow figure out who the good guys and bad guys are. Kong and Godzilla while being bad in these films would be sympathized with since they can both be shown as trying to restore balance between man and nature, and having man pay for what he throws.
Yeah, no, that'd just be awful, especially the part with Godzilla rampaging out of anger, it's out of character for a creature depicted as real animal...
I'd let WB take care of the plot ideas, friend :lol:
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

PitchBlackProgress wrote:
KingKong2005 wrote:
PitchBlackProgress wrote:Glad to see I'm not the only one here eye rolling anytime Destroyah's brought up...

Wonder if Mechagodzilla will show up in Godzilla versus Kong or somewhere down the line to destroy all MUTOs though...
Spoiler:
Rumor has it WB has the rights for Mechagodzilla anyway
You know what, that's a perfectly plausible and logistic way of having MG show up! It would have to be extremely realistic in terms of how they build him and how he's able to move since he'd weigh a lot, all countries band together to pitch money to build this thing, the world's greatest scientists all come together to create this thing, and that would explain how MG is built. Hell, I'd love to see them explore Ghidorah's origins more in this film (that hopefully takes place after GVK), how, you ask? Show he's more alien like by having scientists uncover certain metals and alloids that are very light in weight and allow for MG to move so freely at 350+ ft. I think that would be a really plausible and believable way to have MG in this universe, but story is #1 priority! This goes for all the MV films and what makes it differ from Pacific Rim status, is that it's far more character driven and not 50% monster action. Yeah we want a lot of monster action, but not so much so that it becomes oversaturated and in turn less valuable, which I'm sure is how PRU is doing. I want each film to tell a good story and not be a repeat of the "prehistoric leftover" origin for monsters, or the "if these monsters are free they will destroy the world by populating it greatly" like we got with the Skull Crawlers and Mutos. Like I want Godzilla to have a story arch, I want to see after GVK him become quite villainous and transition from the restorer of balance to the destroyer.

Like just imagine, MG is built because humanity acknowledges Godzilla as a hero (which they obviously overthink because he hasn't payed attention to humans so far), as MG exterminates Mutos, they arrive on Skull Island only for us to get a King Kong vs MechaGodzilla battle, both monsters are wounded but Kong ultimately wins (he went up against Godzilla in the last film what're you expecting), realizing the true dangers of Skull Island the humans nuke the island (try to nuke something at least), Kong's demise is left uncertain, Godzilla is awakened (possibly even scarred and battered due to being in close proximity) making Kong's demise even more likely, and this time Godzilla is pissed. He attacks a city in pure rage, and MechaGodzilla arrives to stop him. We get an amazing battle between them, Mothra or Rodan join in depending on how they're portrayed (most likely Mothra), and after the battle is over all kaiju are badly injured and Godzilla is barely standing. MG's humans are ordered to kill Godzilla, and even they don't want to do it. They try to convince the government, but the orders are given followed by consequences such as them being considered as terrorists and performing acts of treason if they don't, so this makes them either be forced to do it or try to refuse and destroy MG so it won't be used for evil, and Mothra intervenes with MG and stops it from being able to kill Godzilla. The battle is over, Mothra makes sure Godzilla won't do harm. Hell imagine if our main character was a dope pilot for the MG, like Raleigh in PR. Light hearted but deep when the story requires. I think this would be a perfect movie to have MG in and to bridge the gap from GVK to the movie after. And after this film we could probably get a Mothra spin off movie, but it'd need to be extremely interesting and pulling. Also, the end credit scene would reveal Kong to be alive and badly injured, be swimming somewhere and find another island. Kong would be a villain for like the first time and it'd be cool. Idk, the idea of Kong being fully enraged at humans the same way Godzilla was is interesting, and with Kong's intelligence he could somehow figure out who the good guys and bad guys are. Kong and Godzilla while being bad in these films would be sympathized with since they can both be shown as trying to restore balance between man and nature, and having man pay for what he throws.
Yeah, no, that'd just be awful, especially the part with Godzilla rampaging out of anger, it's out of character for a creature depicted as real animal...
I'd let WB take care of the plot ideas, friend :lol:
That's just a way they can logically have MG in this universe. It also gives Godzilla a plot. He's not acting out of character, he'd be shown as the destroyer and restorer, preserver of balance. Man acts out of balance, he must be punished. Something like that, it makes perfect sense.
Image Image

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

LegendaryGoji wrote:This is why you should proofread your stuff before posting it. ^^'
That I'll keep in mind.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

GodzillaFan1990's wrote:
LegendaryGoji wrote:This is why you should proofread your stuff before posting it. ^^'
That I'll keep in mind.
I realize my post didn't correctly...post. But when you replied about your 9 correction I meant to say it's totally cool no worries, and went on to talk about MG.
Image Image

MechaGoji Bro7503
Administrator
Administrator

Post by MechaGoji Bro7503 »

Speaking of posts.........can you guys edit out what you're quoting so we don't have to look at the same mountain of post like seven times? Thank you. :)

I swear, if they make Millie Browns's character a little miss know-it-all I'm going to spontaneously combust.
"Bang on, mate.", - Murdoc Niccals 2018.

"Right, wrong... Nobody's got a clue what the difference is in this town. So I'm gonna have more fun... and live crazier than any of 'em." - Goro Majima.

Our G-Force a Kaiju Podcast: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/g ... 1509725595

For unique discussions on Ultraman, Godzilla, and much more check out my channel Tiger Drop Films: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCng0uL ... VCg/videos

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

^Unfortunately, I have a strong suspicion that is what she is going to be. I have been apprehensive about casting a child as one of the leads for a long while, but I trust Dougherty
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

LegendaryGoji
Monarch Researcher

Post by LegendaryGoji »

Oh god, I hope not. Those types of character can be so easily annoying when put in the wrong hands. I think Dougherty is smarter than that, and I did like Millie a lot in Stranger Things, so we'll have to wait and see.
THE DEVIL HAS THREE HEADS

PitchBlackProgress
EDF Instructor

Post by PitchBlackProgress »

If Mechagodzilla's truly in RPO, then that confirms WB already has his rights and pretty much secures his spot in the MonsterVerse.

Wonder if the same can be said about Gigan? Now the speculation begins... O_o
Last edited by PitchBlackProgress on Thu Mar 15, 2018 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yeah, Godzilla wins... sometimes. I mean, he was killed by Dr. Serizawa's patented bubble-bath formula, heartburn, missiles, and poor box office returns, got his ass kicked by a drunken, circus-escaped gorilla, then he was beaten by two newborn worms, yeah some “king”.
#slatternking