Godzilla King of the Monsters Speculation Thread [NO SPOILERS]

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Shin Gabara
Monarch Researcher

Re: The Godzilla 2 Speculation Thread

Post by Shin Gabara »

Maritonic wrote:
Shin Gabara wrote:If the 'Mothra sneezes on Millie and Vera' is true maybe that is how she 'connects' with individuals . . . meaning that both Millie and Vera are this films shobijin.
What? Moths can sneeze?
How else do jumping beans jump?

Also, being allergic to sap, many have been trapped in mid sneeze and fossilized.

Added in 6 minutes 33 seconds:
It's also how bats have learned to track them.
Last edited by Shin Gabara on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
. . .

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Right but it's not like they sneeze as humans do. It's not like we're going to see a recreation of the Brachiosaurus scene from Jurassic Park haha. I just can't imagine "Mothra sneezing on" anyone. Where did this leak from?
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
Bruno says we're not supposed to hate.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

One of the actors posted a picture of a doodle comic of her and another actor admiring Mothra and the next panel was Mothra sneezing/spitting goop all over them. Their tweet said something along the lines of "Today I got sneezed on by a monster".

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

*cringe* Tryyyyying to keep an open mind about that, but I really hope that isn't a thing in the final product.
Last edited by Maritonic on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Any issues, please feel free to private message me or e-mail me at MaritonicTK@gmail.com.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote: Tue Jan 31, 2023 3:24 pm Don't go to a friend's wedding, send him 100 copies of Gamera vs Zigra instead. Be a man.

Shin Gabara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shin Gabara »

I'm willing to buy it based on the tweet Dougherty sent of Godzilla a few months back. Looked to me like he might have been hit with Mothra snot.

Honestly . . . moths don't actually sneeze.

But they are telepathic . . . or so they tell me.
. . .

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Just found the image:

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

Fuck, man... Marvel/Fox's New Mutants just got pushed back from April of this year to February of NEXT YEAR... I didn't think such a move was possible for a tentpole after filming, let alone only 3 months from the original release date AFTER the first teaser

Apparently they did it because the movie wasn't scary enough or some shit. I hope to God we don't have to go through the same shit. If either G2 or GvK get delayed another year, I am going to eat my hand

Not that I care about New Mutants or anything. Actually, it looked like generic horror bullshit that I don't give a rip about, but Jesus, I had no idea that was possible
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Post by GodzillaFan1990's »

Ryguy wrote:skreeonk, man... Marvel/Fox's New Mutants just got pushed back from April of this year to February of NEXT YEAR... I didn't think such a move was possible for a tentpole after filming, let alone only 3 months from the original release date AFTER the first teaser

Apparently they did it because the movie wasn't scary enough or some poop. I hope to God we don't have to go through the same poop. If either G2 or GvK get delayed another year, I am going to eat my hand

Not that I care about New Mutants or anything. Actually, it looked like generic horror bullshit that I don't give a rip about, but Jesus, I had no idea that was possible
If lucky it might even get pushed forward to late this year say August-December. I'd feel August would be the best time as its only competition would be The Predator and The Meg which I feel wouldn't be that much threats to it in terms of the box office.

Shouldn't effect the movie too for that matter as filming had wrapped up a while back.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Jan 11, 2018 2:33 pm, edited 3 times in total.

dillonking55
G-Force Personnel

Post by dillonking55 »

Maritonic wrote:*cringe* Tryyyyying to keep an open mind about that, but I really hope that isn't a thing in the final product.
Vera Farmiga had a tweet during filming about "wiping monster sludge" off her face, so there's probably validation with the Mothra picture.

I'm honestly ok with it, G14 probably could have used a little more humor/lighter moments

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

dillonking55 wrote:I'm honestly ok with it, G14 probably could have used a little more humor/lighter moments
Yeah that was one of my main issues I had with G14. It needed levity, every movie does otherwise it just feels bland, emotionless and the characters don't feel human.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:14 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

I mean, I guess a livelier script would've been nice, but I can't be the only one who liked the seriousness of the film, right? I mean, it's a disaster movie first and foremost. Sure, the characters were boring, but I don't think it's humor or just outright stupid scenes that we want
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

GodzillaFan1990's
Sazer

Ryguy wrote:I mean, I guess a livelier script would've been nice, but I can't be the only one who liked the seriousness of the film, right? I mean, it's a disaster movie first and foremost. Sure, the characters were boring, but I don't think it's humor or just outright stupid scenes that we want
The key to it is making the levity work, it just needs to be done in some form and way. That's (Sorry for repeating myself once more about this) what Logan and the Apes Reboot Trilogy (Bad Ape in War for the Planet of the Apes for example as he clearly was not right in the head from his past experiences and has been alone for years) managed to accomplished despite being serious and grim movies. ;)

I'm not asking for it to be like forced as the MCU tends to do but more around the lines of those two films above. Besides too levity is what gives characters life as well as personality. Hence I thought the cast in K:SI were more likable then the ones in G14 except Joe Brody and Serizawa who were the only characters in that film I really liked.
Last edited by GodzillaFan1990's on Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Humor is one thing. Mothra sneezing one someone is a bit different...

dillonking55
G-Force Personnel

Post by dillonking55 »

Good call with Bad Ape! Perfect example of adding levity to an otherwise serious film

Michael Dougherty is also known from past work to use dark humor, so I fully expect some of that in G2.

I just want fully fleshed out human-characters, I WANT to care about them. I love G14, but besides Joe & Serizawa, I just really wasn't invested in the rest of the cast.
Last edited by dillonking55 on Thu Jan 11, 2018 3:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KingKong2005
EDF Instructor

Post by KingKong2005 »

dillonking55 wrote:Good call with Bad Ape! Perfect example of adding levity to an otherwise serious film

Michael Dougherty is also known from past work to use dark humor, so I fully expect some of that in G2.

I just want fully fleshed out human-characters, I WANT to care about them. I love G14, but besides Joe & Serizawa, I just really wasn't invested in the rest of the cast.
Right? I mean we can get comedy but not by a damn moth sneezing, and for anyone who thinks that'll be in the final product it obviously wouldn't. I think that was meant to be funny and not taken so seriously. I think the only likable character was Cranston. Serizawa is overrated, he did nothing but give exposition and that shock face.
Image Image

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Maritonic wrote:*cringe* Tryyyyying to keep an open mind about that, but I really hope that isn't a thing in the final product.

Shin Gabara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shin Gabara »

I will submit that such a Mothra sneeze would be endearingly cute.
. . .

Maritonic
Admin | Forum Manager
Admin | Forum Manager

Post by Maritonic »

Toho Kingdom: the only place where people will argue about how Godzilla's feet look, but it's totally okay that Mothra sneezes on people :lol:

Moogabunga
EDF Instructor

Post by Moogabunga »

Fantastic, we've reverted back to six months ago when we were going back and forth on whether Mothra sneezing was dumb or not :roll: We desperately need something new to talk about with this movie, hopefully in March. When you look at Jurassic Park: Fallen Kingdom, Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindelwald, Aquaman, etc...they've all gotten something released 1 year out; whether that be a teaser poster, a synopsis (we already have one), or the first batch of still images...really hoping they follow suit with Godzilla: KOTM
Last edited by Moogabunga on Thu Jan 11, 2018 4:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shin Gabara
Monarch Researcher

Post by Shin Gabara »

I wasnt here for that!

Added in 9 minutes 54 seconds:
Loved his feet, hated his tail (not floppy enough) and plates (not symmetrical enough), and thought his atomic breath starting at his tail was all kinds of wrong.
. . .