LegendaryGojira vs TriStarGojira... friends or enemies

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

LegendaryGojira vs TriStarGojira... friends or enemies

Post by American Godzilla »

Now of the 2 American Godzillas, LegendaryGojira of 2014 and the TriStarGojira from the 1998--2000 cartoon series, I love them both but couldn't help compare the two and wonder what would happen if they meet each other. First off their stats...

TriStarGojira
http://www.tohokingdom.com/images/kaiju ... gts_tn.jpg
Intelligence: Very Smart
Height: 180' (at the shoulders while in theropod dino stance) Mass: 500 Tons Diet: Fish
Abilities: Atomic Fire (Nuclear Radiation, Pressurized Air & Extreme Heat); Strong Hide (Withstands Heavy artillery); 300 mph speed & great reflexes; Burrowing; Regenerative; Can breath on land and water*; Physically Strong.

*: Okay, this part is a guess. There was this 1 episode where he was ill from the giant mutant germ and lying in a coma completely underwater. Now I would imagine one couldn't hold their breath for long while very ill... yet he never seemed to be suffocating for lack of air nor was this an issue to the HEAT team. Thus I 'think' this Gojira can breath underwater despite the lack of gills... though he could very well be holding his breath.

AmeriGojira
http://www.tohokingdom.com/images/kaiju ... 014_tn.jpg
Intelligence: Very Smart
Height: 355' Mass: 81,500 Tons Diet: Nuclear
Abilities: Atomic Breath {Super-heated ionized Plasma, Nuclear radiation, Pressurized air}; Tough Armor Hide{can withstand a 15 megaton nuke}; Able to breath on land and in the deep sea; Can sense Nuclear Materials; Great Physical Strength.

Okay, so with knowing the stats of the two titans, let's look at each scenario of Foe-or-Friend.

Foe: I have to admit, as much as I love the TriStarGojira he doesn't stand a chance at victory vs the AmeriGojira. The 2014 Godzilla has a superheated ionized plasma breath, that means it's millions of degrees in temperature! The TriStarGojira only had "Atomic Fire" and fire alone, while hot, pales in comparison. AmeriGojira has been show to be resiliant to the heat from his own breath weapon. While the TriStar monster could outrun/dodge the Legendary Gojira his claws and teeth won't do much good considering that hide withstood a 15 megaton nuke at practically point blank range! At least having the TriStarGojira fight the FinalGojira would be a more entertaining, and longer, battle. See the Japanese Gojira lacks a tough hide but instead has super regeneration; enough attacks at one spot would overwhelm that area and bring down the Japan monster {assuming he's very lucky to not be hit from the strong Jap. Gojira first}. However facing that super tough armor negates the TriStar monster from any successful attack.

Friend: I can see the two being good friends, much like Anguirus was to Gojira in most of the Japanese films. Although not as powerful as his tougher friend, he could easily help in various situations. Take the 2 MUTOs vs AmeriGojira in that 2014 film for instance. Without using the Atomic Breath first he was getting a beating from the two MUTOs. If the TriStarGojira had been around to keep the Male MUTO's attention away then things would have gone differently. LegendaryGojira was shown to easily handle the Female MUTO one-on-one, and the Male MUTO would be hard pressed to even catch such an agile 'Zilla Jr'. TriStarGojira could climb a building and rip those wing membranes, which is probably the most damage he could do to a MUTO.
I'm a believe of God and Jesus Christ my saviour and not afraid to say so.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Re: LegendaryGojira vs TriStarGojira... friends or enemies

Post by Vatarian »

To be honest, I doubt Godzilla would really care about Jira unless the latter attacked him first.
-Not a huge threat.
-Not aggressive
-Doesn't eat radiation, so far as we know.

Godzilla would have no reason to go after him.

steven
Monarch Researcher

Post by steven »

Friends...because otherwise zilla will literally get epically raped :shock:

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

steven wrote:Friends...because otherwise zilla will literally get epically raped :shock:
I don't think Legendary Goji is into that kind of stuff.

LazerWhale
JXSDF Technician

Post by LazerWhale »

Where do people keep getting the 81,500 ton weight for G'14?
He's 90,000 tons. The official materials said that, the promotional materials said it, even the wiki says it.
The 81,500 ton measurement is incorrect, plain and simple.
Lazer's Art Thread:viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21430&view=viewpoll
My DeviantArt: http://lazerwhale.deviantart.com/
Just because someone likes something you don't, don't treat them poorly for it.
But,
Just because someone doesn't like something you do, don't treat them poorly for it, either.

Lest We Forget

steven
Monarch Researcher

Post by steven »

zilla is so tiny and his speed will mean nothing compared to the near godlike powers of any Godzilla especially 2014 which is the most powerful iteration of the character in live action. he will get burned once gojira sees him. most likely they will become friends and maybe if godzilla has a son that falls for one of them family

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

MODS! Quick! Move this to the fantasy match thread!

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla
Super Saurian

Post by SuperSaiyan4Godzilla »

MothraFreak wrote:Godzilla, as he appeared in the 1998 film, bred like a monstrous rabbit. It didn't really matter that he was brought down at the end by the military. Had the nest not been hit, Manhattan would have been utterly overrun. Furthermore, with one hatchling having survived, it's not difficult to imagine that it would've caused trouble as well. In fact, ignoring the cartoon continuity, this baby could present a catastrophic infestation. I think it's clear that the Legendary Godzilla would have seen them as a threat and would have destroyed them accordingly.
If we take the sequel concept into consideration, Godzilla 98 could have given Godzilla 14 a bit of a hard time. He was supposed to be more like the original Godzilla in the sequel.
Unit~NoA wrote:MODS! Quick! Move this to the fantasy match thread!

This is a bit of an awkward topic, really. Because it's really discussing character reactions as opposed to who would win in a match of fisticuffs.
"But, I that am not shap'd for sportive trick nor made to court an amorous looking glass. I that am rudely stamp'd and want love's majesty to strut before and wanton, ambling nymph."

Click here to join the Official TK Forums Facebook Group!

MothraFreak's boyfriend.

LordGuyverVII
Yojimbo

Post by LordGuyverVII »

I wanna know why the original poster keeps saying any of the original Japanese Godzilla's are not durable.
I dont know what movies he has been watching but clearly not the same ones that time and again demonstrate that Godzilla has a very tough hide. Yes he has super regeneration but usually you see the wound when he gets hurt, its not like he is a wet paper bag like your making him out to be.

steven
Monarch Researcher

Post by steven »

they would fight but the immense superiority in size and sheer presence will scare zilla without much of a fight. legendary godzilla is way too big and powerful i mean look at the size comparisons. what good are eggs if they will all be destroyed by him before they hatch.

All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

Post by All_Humans_Must_Die »

I prefer to think the relationship of the two is similar to certain dinosaurs if zilla were ever to be in the legendary universe

one being a t-rex and nanotyrannus, where zilla hunts mid size to small kaiju and murders the offspring of larger predators like Godzilla, and the situation can end in two ways either zilla kills the "child" of Godzilla and runs like hell, or he faces the wrath of an angry parent

another being zilla's species are pack hunters similar to giant raptors working together to take down larger prey and if they did interact this way they could be quite bothersome to the king of the kaiju
For the sake of peace, for the sake of balance, and for the sake of the earth... All humans must die

steven
Monarch Researcher

Post by steven »

All_Humans_Must_Die wrote:I prefer to think the relationship of the two is similar to certain dinosaurs if zilla were ever to be in the legendary universe

one being a t-rex and nanotyrannus, where zilla hunts mid size to small kaiju and murders the offspring of larger predators like Godzilla, and the situation can end in two ways either zilla kills the "child" of Godzilla and runs like hell, or he faces the wrath of an angry parent

another being zilla's species are pack hunters similar to giant raptors working together to take down larger prey and if they did interact this way they could be quite bothersome to the king of the kaiju
i think that baby godzilla would uber stomp a adult zilla

All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

Post by All_Humans_Must_Die »

steven wrote:
All_Humans_Must_Die wrote:I prefer to think the relationship of the two is similar to certain dinosaurs if zilla were ever to be in the legendary universe

i think that baby godzilla would uber stomp a adult zilla
keep in mind however that a fully grown creature has much more experience in battle and can probably strategize how to approach certain prey items, and an infant or juvenile has had little to no battle experience and doesn't know their own strengths and weaknesses yet

and if zilla were to be integrated into he would need upgrades for example stronger hide, atomic breath weaker than Godzilla's but is still a formidable weapon, a heavier build, and more ferocity
For the sake of peace, for the sake of balance, and for the sake of the earth... All humans must die

bugmolly
Monsterland Worker

Post by bugmolly »

I feel neither would acknowledge the other or at best Zilla would back away and not engage in combat

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:
MothraFreak wrote:Godzilla, as he appeared in the 1998 film, bred like a monstrous rabbit. It didn't really matter that he was brought down at the end by the military. Had the nest not been hit, Manhattan would have been utterly overrun. Furthermore, with one hatchling having survived, it's not difficult to imagine that it would've caused trouble as well. In fact, ignoring the cartoon continuity, this baby could present a catastrophic infestation. I think it's clear that the Legendary Godzilla would have seen them as a threat and would have destroyed them accordingly.
If we take the sequel concept into consideration, Godzilla 98 could have given Godzilla 14 a bit of a hard time. He was supposed to be more like the original Godzilla in the sequel.
Which isn't saying much, he still acted like a total bitch around the military in the leaked story treatment for the G98 sequel as I recall, plus, let's not pretend that this "Queen Bitch" he was supposed to fight is on the same footing as Gigan, Mothra, Rodan, Ghidorah, MechaGodzilla, or even Megalon.

The one from the Animated Series would also routinely need help from the military to win a lot of its fights against monsters significantly weaker than the ones the real Godzilla fought.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

steven
Monarch Researcher

Post by steven »

true in fact zilla IDW was the strongest version of the monster and the characters said if he kept fighting godzilla zilla would be f@cked. Godzilla rules

Jiragozira14
Interpol Agent

Post by Jiragozira14 »

I'd expect them to not murder each other, especially since they're almost certainly occupying separate niches (Zilla being a more amphibious piscivore, while LegendaryG is more of a terrestrial carnivore). :p
Chris55 wrote:
JVM wrote:Bagan should come back, but not in a movie.
Then how? Game? Books? His own line of condoms?
Shigeru Miyamoto wrote:So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well.
Mr. X wrote:If you say so. If he does end up being under $140, I'll buy one for every person in this thread.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

i mean, LP has to go for him. if not, it will reproduce and overrun the planet, not unlike a certain insectoid pair from another Godzilla movie.

granted, they're not sharing resources, but a planet of fire breathing giant mutants is going to bring hell to Earth in their attempt to survive. as shown, they aren't *always* picky about food, and they could in theory eat Godzilla. so...
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Jiragozira14
Interpol Agent

Post by Jiragozira14 »

three wrote:i mean, LP has to go for him. if not, it will reproduce and overrun the planet, not unlike a certain insectoid pair from another Godzilla movie.
granted, they're not sharing resources, but a planet of fire breathing giant mutants is going to bring hell to Earth in their attempt to survive. as shown, they aren't *always* picky about food, and they could in theory eat Godzilla. so...
There's no reason to suspect that even if the eggs were to be kept that the population of them wouldn't be whittled down by predation, disease or other natural causes. Stuff like that happens to mass-breeders all the time.

There's no real threat of a Zilla infestation, since natural causes will weed out the population before it can get out of hand. The Muto are probably a lot different, since they'd be keeping the young in a nest and purposefully disrupting the natural balance by killing humans and keeping all of their offspring alive. Zilla doesn't seem to have this same instinct; instead merely giving the young enough food to last them until they can grow large enough to evade predation by most species and then departing instead of hovering over them and ensuring all of the young survive.
Chris55 wrote:
JVM wrote:Bagan should come back, but not in a movie.
Then how? Game? Books? His own line of condoms?
Shigeru Miyamoto wrote:So you know cats are interesting. They are kind of like girls. If they come and talk to you it's great. But if you try to talk to them it doesn't always go so well.
Mr. X wrote:If you say so. If he does end up being under $140, I'll buy one for every person in this thread.