Legendary Godzilla Species Discussion

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

Re: Legendary Godzilla Species Discussion

Post by All_Humans_Must_Die »

what if there was something that hunted godzilla
For the sake of peace, for the sake of balance, and for the sake of the earth... All humans must die

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

All_Humans_Must_Die wrote:what if there was something that hunted godzilla
Yep, MUTOs.

All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

Post by All_Humans_Must_Die »

Unit~NoA wrote:
All_Humans_Must_Die wrote:what if there was something that hunted godzilla
Yep, MUTOs.
the relationship between those two is similar to a bear and a pack of wolves, I mean something that preys on Godzilla like a realistic destroyah or something.

Another thing is that MUTOs are parasites, they don't just target Godzilla they most likely target any large kaiju the come across like anguirus for either food or reproduction
For the sake of peace, for the sake of balance, and for the sake of the earth... All humans must die

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

Are wolves parasites? No, they are ruthless killers.
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

What's the fascination some have here with Godzilla being prey item (suggested as prey item for MUTOs and King Ghidora)? Or of Godzilla getting the hell beat out of him by Ghidora (beaten to a pulp, some have said)?

Yes, I want a challenge for Godzilla. But hell no to making him prey to any other creature or getting curbstomped by any other monster.

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Legendary Gojira wrote:What's the fascination some have here with Godzilla being prey item (suggested as prey item for MUTOs and King Ghidora)? Or of Godzilla getting the hell beat out of him by Ghidora (beaten to a pulp, some have said)?

Yes, I want a challenge for Godzilla. But hell no to making him prey to any other creature or getting curbstomped by any other monster.
Because it helps emphasizes just how incredibly dangerous the enemy monster is.

GR8GODZILLAGOD
Gotengo Officer

Post by GR8GODZILLAGOD »

Gerdzerl wrote:
Legendary Gojira wrote:What's the fascination some have here with Godzilla being prey item (suggested as prey item for MUTOs and King Ghidora)? Or of Godzilla getting the hell beat out of him by Ghidora (beaten to a pulp, some have said)?

And it makes things more interesting. Show that the hero is in incredible danger and the tension increases.
Living Corpse wrote:Stop feeding the Mutos nukes!

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Gerdzerl wrote:

GR8GODZILLAGOD wrote:
Gerdzerl wrote:

And it makes things more interesting. Show that the hero is in incredible danger and the tension increases.
this all of this.
Godzilla

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Space Hunter M wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:How do we know Godzilla 2014 is "very smart", as far as I'm concerned there wasn't one scene depicting this theory.
He is sheer brute force, while the MUTOs, are thinking animals.
I don't agree. The way he killed the female MUTO requires a high degree of problem solving ability.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Living Corpse wrote:^ That and he timed his tail smack for the male, he didn't just want to smack him, he wanted to crush him between his tail and the building.

Also he was making a King Kong vs Godzilla reference.
Shit. I don't watch that film enough to get the reference, so that's my fault.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Underworld54 wrote:
Vatarian wrote:I'm sorry. I just get really sick of people ignoring decisive and well-known evidence when they say something.

Gareth Edwards has stated that Godzilla is an intelligent, tuinking creature. They got Andy Serkis to help with facial expressions. He used tactics that indicated intelligence several tims throughout the battle and movie.

And then people just come in and say "no only instinct".
So just because Gareth said he was intelligent means he was intelligent? It would have to show it on screen, and for me it did not. That's not really a negative, it just means to me that Godzilla is a monster running on instinct.
Uh, yeah... That and there's loads of evidence in my favor, but none in yours.

It's great that you have an opinion, but seeing as it's completely unfounded, I'd appreciate if you didn't try to tell me how wrong I am when you have nothing to back yourself up, and I have literal Word of God in addition to lots of stuff from the movie.

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

Word of God? What? Gareth also said people like to be teased, how'd that turn out eh?

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

Vatarian wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
Vatarian wrote:I'm sorry. I just get really sick of people ignoring decisive and well-known evidence when they say something.

Gareth Edwards has stated that Godzilla is an intelligent, tuinking creature. They got Andy Serkis to help with facial expressions. He used tactics that indicated intelligence several tims throughout the battle and movie.

And then people just come in and say "no only instinct".
So just because Gareth said he was intelligent means he was intelligent? It would have to show it on screen, and for me it did not. That's not really a negative, it just means to me that Godzilla is a monster running on instinct.
Uh, yeah... That and there's loads of evidence in my favor, but none in yours.

It's great that you have an opinion, but seeing as it's completely unfounded, I'd appreciate if you didn't try to tell me how wrong I am when you have nothing to back yourself up, and I have literal Word of God in addition to lots of stuff from the movie.
How do I get Word of God? Sounds divine.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Underworld54 wrote:Word of God? What? Gareth also said people like to be teased, how'd that turn out eh?
Feed that strawman to a horse.

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

What's with the childish name calling? I simply disagreed that Godzilla was intelligent.

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Underworld54 wrote:What's with the childish name calling? I simply disagreed that Godzilla was intelligent.
Yeah? Well, you're a poopyhead! *throws pen at you and sticks out tongue*

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Underworld54 wrote:What's with the childish name calling? I simply disagreed that Godzilla was intelligent.
Please quote the part where I called you anything.

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

Vatarian wrote:
Called me a strawman didn't you? It's like 3 posts up lol.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Underworld54 wrote:
Vatarian wrote:
Called me a strawman didn't you? It's like 3 posts up lol.
Oh dear god. You're serious, aren't you?

You told me that because Gareth was wrong about how skipping scenes would make the audience feel, everything else he said was void.

That is a strawman arguement.

Perhaps the strawiest strawman arguement I've heard since the last time I watched Fox News.

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

I never said everything he said wasn't true, I simply mentioned one error on his part and that his word shouldn't be taken as gospel.