Legendary Godzilla Species Discussion

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

Legendary Godzilla Species Discussion

Post by American Godzilla »

In the 2014 Godzilla universe, it's described as Gojira not being alone but was part of a species long ago. Our first indicator at more than 1 Gojira was in the scene where Serizawa finds an old Gojira skeleton...
http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k63 ... 1409009617
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-XpFTcbzVmj0/U ... illa05.jpg

...so this thread is to discuss any aspect of the Gojira species and what they were like in the ancient days.

I will start things off with the prospect of a Female Gojira and what she "might" be like in comparison to the King of Monsters

2014 AmeriGojira
Intelligence: Very Smart
Height: 355'
Mass: 81,500 Tons
Build: Buff body with tall but thin dorsal spines
Diet: Nuclear
Abilities: Atomic Breath {Super-heated ionized Plasma, Nuclear radiation, Pressurized air}; Tough Armor Hide{withstood Castle Bravo, a 15 megaton nuke}; Able to breath on land and in the deep sea; Can sense Nuclear Materials; Great Physical Strength.

2014 AmeriGojira
Intelligence: Very Smart
Height: 370'
Mass: ~100,500 Tons {If you ever find out her true weight, never mention it to anyone... you don't want to see an angry Female Gojira}
Build: Feminine Buff Build (well, to a Gojira) with short but thick dorsal spines
Diet: Nuclear
Abilities: Atomic Breath {Super-heated ionized Plasma, Nuclear radiation, Pressurized air}; Tough Armor Hide{can withstand a 15 megaton nuke}; Able to breath on land and in the deep sea; Can sense Nuclear Materials; Great Physical Strength; Extremely Aggressive.
Last edited by American Godzilla on Fri Nov 14, 2014 3:36 pm, edited 3 times in total.
I'm a believe of God and Jesus Christ my saviour and not afraid to say so.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Re: Legendary Godzilla Species Discussion

Post by Vatarian »

A female would likely be larger and more physically powerful, buddy.

American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

Vatarian wrote:A female would likely be larger and more physically powerful, buddy.
I almost put bigger and stronger for the female. In fact I meant to ask it as a question but forgot to (things got busy on my end).

If I were to modify the stats to be bigger, by how much should I do so?
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Not terribly significant difference. Since Godzilla is almost certainly male (dat crotch-bulge) and is 108 meters.....

The female would be maybe 113 meters?

And like 100,500 tons?

And I doubt there'd be much if any difference in breath or durability.

American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

Vatarian wrote:Not terribly significant difference. Since Godzilla is almost certainly male (dat crotch-bulge) and is 108 meters.....

The female would be maybe 113 meters?

And like 100,500 tons?

And I doubt there'd be much if any difference in breath or durability.
113 meters sounds quite reasonable, big but not overboard... I like it.

How could I forget the weight? Thanks for the reminder and the Female weight suggestion.

In durability, I also doubt any significant difference. I do see your point, with being only slightly larger, breath power/capacity wouldn't change majorly.

Though overall aggressivness I still think females would rival the male's aggressivness.

2009MECHAGODZILLA
Futurian

Post by 2009MECHAGODZILLA »

The females could have different skin colors, a different pattern, or both. The females should have a slightly different roar.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21114

Commission prices: https://www.deviantart.com/snake151/jou ... -848926845
"Disappointing! Re-watch the 1954 original. THAT is the correct form!!!"

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

This is getting beyond tiresome... I hate when people always associate larger size with the female gender and sometimes vice-versa. It depends on the type of animal

An animal like Godzilla, which is fundamentally very bulky and territorial (not to mention very crocodile-like) would probably have much larger males than females (same with many turtle species and lizards such as the Komodo Dragon for the reptiles. And many mammal examples). However, when you consider insects for example, females are almost always larger than the males to allow for more efficient breeding.

The MUTO females are going to be larger, but the Godzilla species will likely have males be the bigger of the two. And also consider how Godzilla has always been depicted as male, so making a larger female "out there" simply would not make sense if they haven't shown it yet.
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

2009MECHAGODZILLA
Futurian

Post by 2009MECHAGODZILLA »

Ryguy wrote:This is getting beyond tiresome... I hate when people always associate larger size with the female gender and sometimes vice-versa. It depends on the type of animal

An animal like Godzilla, which is fundamentally very bulky and territorial (not to mention very crocodile-like) would probably have much larger males than females (same with many turtle species and lizards such as the Komodo Dragon for the reptiles. And many mammal examples). However, when you consider insects for example, females are almost always larger than the males to allow for more efficient breeding.

The MUTO females are going to be larger, but the Godzilla species will likely have males be the bigger of the two. And also consider how Godzilla has always been depicted as male, so making a larger female "out there" simply would not make sense if they haven't shown it yet.
It could just depend on the Godzilla's genetics, kind of like how humans are.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21114

Commission prices: https://www.deviantart.com/snake151/jou ... -848926845
"Disappointing! Re-watch the 1954 original. THAT is the correct form!!!"

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

Vatarian wrote:A female would likely be larger and more physically powerful, buddy.

Why? For most reptiles, the male is noticeably larger than the female.

I'd say a male Gojira would easily be bigger than the female.

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

How do we know Godzilla 2014 is "very smart", as far as I'm concerned there wasn't one scene depicting this theory.
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Legendary Gojira wrote:

Why? For most reptiles, the male is noticeably larger than the female.

I'd say a male Gojira would easily be bigger than the female.
Godzilla is not a modern reptile. Look at dinosaurus, and early proto-saurian d,critters and such. Females were often larger.

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

Underworld54 wrote:How do we know Godzilla 2014 is "very smart", as far as I'm concerned there wasn't one scene depicting this theory.
He is sheer brute force, while the MUTOs, are thinking animals.

jobalexang
Ronin

Post by jobalexang »

I think in some of the scenes that show Godzilla quietly lumbering about the city hiding amidst the buildings, you get a sense that he has some level of cunning... at least for a 350 foot predator. He has some smarts.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

We know Godzilla is smart because:

-He tested the bridge before ramming it
-He used a building as a grindstone to smash Hokmuto against
-He understood the Femuto's internals were less durable than her body, and took advantage of this
-His expression conveys emotion multiple times throughout the movie. Animals with low intelligence do not usually have facial expressions beyond very basic "surprise, anger, fear" and the like
-He used the Femuto's distraction to charge his breath to maximum
-He went under the Navy, but left his tail up as a decoy to hide his true position

GR8GODZILLAGOD
Gotengo Officer

Post by GR8GODZILLAGOD »

Vatarian wrote:We know Godzilla is smart because:

-He went under the Navy, but left his tail up as a decoy to hide his true position
Really think you're reaching with these two.
Living Corpse wrote:Stop feeding the Mutos nukes!

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

GR8GODZILLAGOD wrote:
Vatarian wrote:We know Godzilla is smart because:

Really think you're reaching with these two.
Cool.

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

Godzilla showed instinct and not intelligence. The Muto's are ancient enemies, of course he's going to adapt when fighting them.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Underworld54 wrote:Godzilla showed instinct and not intelligence. The Muto's are ancient enemies, of course he's going to adapt when fighting them.
Oh really?

How can any of those things be attributed to instinct?

Maybe I'm typing through instinct? Maybe you made that response through instinct? Do you know the definition of the word?
Last edited by Vatarian on Sat Nov 15, 2014 2:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

I'm sorry. I just get really sick of people ignoring decisive and well-known evidence when they say something.

Gareth Edwards has stated that Godzilla is an intelligent, tuinking creature. They got Andy Serkis to help with facial expressions. He used tactics that indicated intelligence several tims throughout the battle and movie.

And then people just come in and say "no only instinct".

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

Vatarian wrote:I'm sorry. I just get really sick of people ignoring decisive and well-known evidence when they say something.

Gareth Edwards has stated that Godzilla is an intelligent, tuinking creature. They got Andy Serkis to help with facial expressions. He used tactics that indicated intelligence several tims throughout the battle and movie.

And then people just come in and say "no only instinct".
So just because Gareth said he was intelligent means he was intelligent? It would have to show it on screen, and for me it did not. That's not really a negative, it just means to me that Godzilla is a monster running on instinct.