MechaGodzilla to appear in Godzilla 2?!

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
American Godzilla
Monarch Researcher

MechaGodzilla to appear in Godzilla 2?!

Post by American Godzilla »

I was just looking up some news when I found http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/527 ... 2-2018.htm that mentions this cryptic message from Legendary Pictures (both are from Twitter)...
"It's the news you've been waiting for. Monarch confirm Godzilla is not alone. Rodan! Mothra! King Ghidorah! #LegendarySDCC #SDCC"
"Joining #Godzilla in future franchise installments will be several other classic monsters from Toho Co. #LegendarySDCC #SDCC"

A user at Godzilla-movies.com forum made the following cool redesigns for Ghidorah, Rodan, Mothra, and MechaGodzilla. Personally I'd love to see these designs to be the final product in Godzilla 2 (as long as the film is done better than the 1st so we can actually SEE the monsters and the fights).
https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 9986_o.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 7301_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 4721_o.jpg
http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9 ... 0Hr-WDXE9u
I'm a believe of God and Jesus Christ my saviour and not afraid to say so.
Although I'm not against giving freedom to same-sex couples/marriage (as America is supposed to be free), as a Christian (which the Bible describes as a sin) and me personally I don't care/desire/agree with same sex couples/marriage.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Re: MechaGodzilla to appear in Godzilla 2?!

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

No proof or real mention of Mecha-Godzilla appearing in any of the Legendary series of film.. Rodan, Mothra, and King Ghidorah were the only ones mentioned and they are all not even guaranteed to be in Godzilla 2. Just that they would appear in eventual Godzilla sequels.

Chances are we may get new monsters, plus Rodan and Mothra in the sequel to set up for King Ghidorah for the 3rd and final installment. Besides i'm kind burnt out on Mecha-G... He really hasn't been portrayed all that well since the Original 1974 one, he should not be of this earth created.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

"Joining #Godzilla in future franchise installments will be several other classic monsters from Toho Co. #LegendarySDCC #SDCC"
That doesn't mean MechaGodzilla will be in G2 or even that the 3 confirmed ones all will be necessarily. Like I said before, that can mean one of two things: 1)the "several other classic monsters from Toho" is referring to others that will be joining the 3 confirmed ones after G2 (meaning Mothra, Rodan and Ghids will all be in G2 and others will join the mix afterwards), or 2)the "several others" is referring to other Toho monsters besides Godzilla (meaning they're to be spread out across the two sequels along with possibly some others like MechaGodzilla, Anguirus, etc.)

Don't get me wrong, I would love for MG to appear in this rebooted trilogy at some point (if G3 is a DAM remake like Edwards has discussed doing, he'd be perfect for it, since that's what he was made for), a modern-day take on MechaGodzilla, CGI'ed and remodeled to resemble the LegendaryGoji I think would look nothing short of fantastic, I've said this time and time again, but just because a fan-made design (which BTW, doesn't look different at all from MG1, it's just Showa MG with circles added to its eyelids and the LP logo slapped onto it) was submitted along with Mothra, Rodan and Ghidorah doesn't mean he'll be in it along with them, though a little easter egg or referencing is possible, i.e: at some point in the movie, they reveal that they are "building a secret anti-kaiju weapon" that's been in production since the MUTO invasion 4 years ago.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

tenup
G-Force Personnel

Post by tenup »

I honestly dont get the fan craze for Mecha Godzilla for this type of Godzilla series. It would not seem at all consistent with the direction they are taking Godzilla with LP. A superweapon like Super X is more logical than a giant mech that would cause as much destruction and pratically malfunction being that it has never been done in the universe that the movie exist. I wouldn't mind seeing Mecha Godzilla again but only if they make a standalone Godzilla movie with a more sci-fi direction. But for now I say enuff for the Godzilla clones.

Hotrod93
G-Force Personnel

Post by Hotrod93 »

tenup wrote:I honestly dont get the fan craze for Mecha Godzilla for this type of Godzilla series. It would not seem at all consistent with the direction they are taking Godzilla with LP. A superweapon like Super X is more logical than a giant mech that would cause as much destruction and pratically malfunction being that it has never been done in the universe that the movie exist. I wouldn't mind seeing Mecha Godzilla again but only if they make a standalone Godzilla movie with a more sci-fi direction. But for now I say enuff for the Godzilla clones.
This, just this.
Tyler wrote:$200 if I hump a car.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

tenup wrote:I honestly dont get the fan craze for Mecha Godzilla for this type of Godzilla series. It would not seem at all consistent with the direction they are taking Godzilla with LP.
Oh, and a giant moth and a giant three-headed, golden space dragon would be? :lol: Do tell.

Plus, the humans would realistically want to build something to combat any future monster threats after the MUTO invasion, so there's their motivation right there for building a MechaGodzilla, not to mention the writing is pretty much on the wall with the Godzilla cavern bones. As stated over and over again, they could simply put steel plates/armor around the skeleton to build it, hence making it a Kiryu version, as opposed to building it straight from scratch.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

I think Mechagodzilla should have a cameo in G-2. Show them constructing it/attempting to construct it, but running into numerous problems. By the end of the movie, construction is on-track.

By the third, they've used the cells and bones of Godzilla's various enemies, including his ancestor/brother/whatever Adam, to complete the frame, and have isolated chemical compounds and minerals and ores in other unused bones and are using them to construct a super-durable frame to layer over the frame, giving rise to sometyhing similar to Mechagodzilla '75, but sleeker and more frightening in appearance.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Vatarian wrote:I think Mechagodzilla should have a cameo in G-2. Show them constructing it/attempting to construct it, but running into numerous problems. By the end of the movie, construction is on-track.

By the third, they've used the cells and bones of Godzilla's various enemies, including his ancestor/brother/whatever Adam, to complete the frame, and have isolated chemical compounds and minerals and ores in other unused bones and are using them to construct a super-durable frame to layer over the frame, giving rise to sometyhing similar to Mechagodzilla '75, but sleeker and more frightening in appearance.
That's exactly how my G2 treatment plays out (basically, that's exactly what I would've done), minus the problems bit. In fact, G2 begins with them announcing the construction of a top-secret anti-kaiju weapon (not to the public, though, obviously) as a direct response to the MUTO invasion and a special ending featuring the finished product right before the end credits (not a post-credits scene, though, Gareth thinks they're silly).

Oh, and a new massive aircraft for carrying monsters around (plot device), it would make everything so much easier as opposed to leaving them to rot in the streets after a fight (i.e: male MUTO) because, well, how the hell else do you expect them to carry a giant dead kaiju carcass around after a fight? Even our strongest choppers in existence wouldn't be able to carry (or even drag) 80k-100k+ ton critters, or hell, anything even close to that weight.
Last edited by KManX89 on Fri Nov 14, 2014 10:50 am, edited 1 time in total.

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

I imagine the corpses would have to be cut up and dragged off in individual pieces over time.

LazerWhale
JXSDF Technician

Post by LazerWhale »

KManX89 wrote:
tenup wrote:I honestly dont get the fan craze for Mecha Godzilla for this type of Godzilla series. It would not seem at all consistent with the direction they are taking Godzilla with LP.
Oh, and a giant moth and a giant three-headed, golden space dragon would be? :lol: Do tell.
A giant moth is no less nonsensical than a giant, amphibious reptilian creature who can breath nuclear plasma. Not to mention that Lepidopterans (i.e. moths and butterflies) have been on this world for at least 190 million years and have not changed much, so a moth or moth-like creature that hails from Godzilla's time is not so unthinkable. And we do not yet know the origin of Ghidora. There's nothing yet that suggests that he'll be from space.
KManX89 wrote: Plus, the humans would realistically want to build something to combat any future monster threats after the MUTO invasion, so there's their motivation right there for building a MechaGodzilla, not to mention the writing is pretty much on the wall with the Godzilla cavern bones. As stated over and over again, they could simply put steel plates/armor around the skeleton to build it, hence making it a Kiryu version, as opposed to building it straight from scratch.
[/quote]
What, exactly, would be the reasoning for building anything in the shape of Godzilla. It's a crazy idea, when there are numerous other concepts that would be far more practical, less expensive and more believable accepted by strategists among the military. Not to mention a MechaGodzilla would not be actually able to combat anything like Godzilla or even the MUTOs, assuming that by some miracle it manages to not immediately collapse under its own weight, the monsters can and have torn through metal and shrugged off some of the strongest weapons the military have to offer. Putting those weapons on something vaguely Godzilla-shaped would not make them more powerful, nor any more effective. In any case, even engineering such a machine would be impractical. The amount of manpower and resources needed would make it unreasonable, especially considering that most would say that the end product would be all but useless in combat. Just because Godzilla can function, doesn't mean everything shaped like him can function.
Lazer's Art Thread:viewtopic.php?f=19&t=21430&view=viewpoll
My DeviantArt: http://lazerwhale.deviantart.com/
Just because someone likes something you don't, don't treat them poorly for it.
But,
Just because someone doesn't like something you do, don't treat them poorly for it, either.

Lest We Forget

All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

Post by All_Humans_Must_Die »

LazerWhale wrote: Plus, the humans would realistically want to build something to combat any future monster threats after the MUTO invasion, so there's their motivation right there for building a MechaGodzilla, not to mention the writing is pretty much on the wall with the Godzilla cavern bones. As stated over and over again, they could simply put steel plates/armor around the skeleton to build it, hence making it a Kiryu version, as opposed to building it straight from scratch.
[/quote]
What, exactly, would be the reasoning for building anything in the shape of Godzilla. It's a crazy idea, when there are numerous other concepts that would be far more practical, less expensive and more believable accepted by strategists among the military. Not to mention a MechaGodzilla would not be actually able to combat anything like Godzilla or even the MUTOs, assuming that by some miracle it manages to not immediately collapse under its own weight, the monsters can and have torn through metal and shrugged off some of the strongest weapons the military have to offer. Putting those weapons on something vaguely Godzilla-shaped would not make them more powerful, nor any more effective. In any case, even engineering such a machine would be impractical. The amount of manpower and resources needed would make it unreasonable, especially considering that most would say that the end product would be all but useless in combat. Just because Godzilla can function, doesn't mean everything shaped like him can function.[/quote]

cyber MUTO anyone? :lol:
For the sake of peace, for the sake of balance, and for the sake of the earth... All humans must die

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Isn't kdramastars a rather... unreliable place to get info?

tenup
G-Force Personnel

Post by tenup »

LazerWhale wrote:
KManX89 wrote:
A giant moth is no less nonsensical than a giant, amphibious reptilian creature who can breath nuclear plasma. Not to mention that Lepidopterans (i.e. moths and butterflies) have been on this world for at least 190 million years and have not changed much, so a moth or moth-like creature that hails from Godzilla's time is not so unthinkable. And we do not yet know the origin of Ghidora. There's nothing yet that suggests that he'll be from space.
KManX89 wrote: Plus, the humans would realistically want to build something to combat any future monster threats after the MUTO invasion, so there's their motivation right there for building a MechaGodzilla, not to mention the writing is pretty much on the wall with the Godzilla cavern bones. As stated over and over again, they could simply put steel plates/armor around the skeleton to build it, hence making it a Kiryu version, as opposed to building it straight from scratch.
What, exactly, would be the reasoning for building anything in the shape of Godzilla. It's a crazy idea, when there are numerous other concepts that would be far more practical, less expensive and more believable accepted by strategists among the military. Not to mention a MechaGodzilla would not be actually able to combat anything like Godzilla or even the MUTOs, assuming that by some miracle it manages to not immediately collapse under its own weight, the monsters can and have torn through metal and shrugged off some of the strongest weapons the military have to offer. Putting those weapons on something vaguely Godzilla-shaped would not make them more powerful, nor any more effective. In any case, even engineering such a machine would be impractical. The amount of manpower and resources needed would make it unreasonable, especially considering that most would say that the end product would be all but useless in combat. Just because Godzilla can function, doesn't mean everything shaped like him can function.[/quote]

I agree with Lazerwhale here. As for KManX89 I only see your point being that it would be a good idea for LP to steal the script from the mellenium Godzilla Vs MechaGodzilla movie and just somehow paste it into this new world they are trying to create. Not a good idea at all. I rather them not copy anything from the mellenium series as aimless as that series of films were. As for how the Millitary handles Giant monster threats, as I stated in my Godzilla a U.S. Military weapon thread, why not just use that method? Godzilla has already resolved the MUTO threat without really needing the Military's Nuke plan.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

And we do not yet know the origin of Ghidorah. There's nothing yet that suggests he'll be from space.
Still, how the hell is any kind of giant, three-headed golden dragon remotely feasible in any way (even by G14's standards of giant, nuclear, plasma-breathing dinosaur), extraterrestrial or otherwise?
assuming that by some miracle it manages to not immediately collapse under its own weight
A creature of Godzilla's mass (LegendaryGoji weighs 80,000 tons according to Wikizilla) and size (355 ft) wouldn't be able to move so much as an inch without collapsing under its own weight IRL, and even if it could, there's no way in hell the ground would be able to support a creature that massive (since ancient Sauropods were reportedly the largest creatures that could possibly walk on and be supported by land, or so I've heard). By your own logic, this whole Godzilla franchise from LP has no reason to exist. :P

As far as monsters being easily able to tear through it, two words: chrome steel. I'll admit, I'm no scientific expert, but even I know that that shit don't break easily, if at all, especially when put on something that wouldn't literally be an ant in comparison and could thus very easily be squashed by it.

As for them making it shaped like Godzilla: again, they could do so to make it symbolic, it could be a new character they introduce's passion project like in my G2 treatment, what-have-you, plus, they already have the Godzilla species bones from the cave, which would inevitably make it shaped like Godzilla if they were to put steel plates/armor around it.

And as for it being too expensive/demanding, I've addressed this already: other nation's governments or the UN could chip in with funding and even constructing it if need be, since it obviously concerns them as well. More of these critters could be lurking in rivers all across the globe for all they know, hence they, too, would want to be protected.

BTW, how the hell would a tank (even a glorified one) that Godzilla or any kaiju can easily crush like you or I do ants on the sidewalk be more effective than a Godzilla clone of equal size who's stature would allow it to be armed with an assload of weapons, more than you could possibly hope to put on any tank? Which, if we can bend the laws of gravity/science and say that an 80k ton, 355 foot tall nuclear dinosaur is able to move around without collapsing under his own weight and without the ground literally collapsing beneath it (which would be scientifically impossible IRL), then we can likewise make such exceptions for a Godzilla drone/mech or any giant monster for that matter, otherwise, again, by your own logic, they shouldn't have made this "grounded" franchise reboot to begin with.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

K Drama Stars is full of shit. I wish people would do their research before getting excited and sharing hoax articles.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

LazerWhale
JXSDF Technician

Post by LazerWhale »

KmanX89,
Godzilla exists in the Legendary universe. This does not mean that, magically, conventional metals will become strong enough to support a Mechagodzilla. Your argument is based around an idea that Godzilla's body is comparable in strength to metal or vice versa. It is not.

The largest land vehicle on earth is the Bagger 288, a mining excavator that weighs 13,500 tons, 6.67 times lighter than Godzilla, who is 90,000 tons, as stated by both the official materials and Wikizilla. The Bagger has a top speed is 10 meters per minute. To travel 22 kilometres, it took a week, and cost nearly 15 million marks ($9537644.23 U.S.), because the machine can barely travel under its own weight. It's wider and longer than it is tall, and most of its length and height is composed of framework. It would be nearly impossible to engineer a machine that is bigger and that can still function.
Even if it were carrying kaiju bones, the metal around them would not be able to carry the weight, as the skeleton alone would weigh as much as the Bagger, if not more.

Godzilla exists because his body can do what nothing we can build can, support a body denser than metal.
The problem is not only the materials (no, chrome steel is not strong enough for that weight), it's that nothing we can build can match his level of mobility at the size, nor his durability.
I like Mechagodzilla. I grew up with all three of them. But I do not think they belong in this universe.
But,
Just because someone doesn't like something you do, don't treat them poorly for it, either.

Lest We Forget

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

LazerWhale: and your theory is based on the idea that the rules of reality/science/gravity/physics/whatever apply to this universe, it clearly doesn't, or else we wouldn't be having this discussion right now as there would be no LP Godzilla movie to begin with, the square-cube law alone proves Godzilla (or any giant monsters period) can't possibly exist in the real world (I'm sure somebody here can explain it better than I can, like I said, I'm no expert). If LP can twist the rules of gravity/physics in this trilogy so that not only is a 90,000 ton, 355 foot tall dinosaur somehow strong enough to support all that mass without collapsing under its own weight, but the earth's land can somehow sustain it without collapsing as well, then they can do the same for earth's metals, after all, chrome steel is stronger than any creature that's actually capable of existing on this earth IRL. It would also be using the bones of a creature that was artificially made strong enough to bend the rules of physics per this franchise to support itself, so there's that.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for an explanation on how a giant three headed, golden dragon of any kind fits a "grounded" setting.

LazerWhale
JXSDF Technician

Post by LazerWhale »

KManX89 wrote:LazerWhale: and your theory is based on the idea that the rules of reality/science/gravity/physics/whatever apply to this universe, it clearly doesn't, or else we wouldn't be having this discussion right now as there would be no LP Godzilla movie to begin with, the square-cube law alone proves Godzilla (or any giant monsters period) can't possibly exist in the real world (I'm sure somebody here can explain it better than I can, like I said, I'm no expert). If LP can twist the rules of gravity/physics in this trilogy so that not only is a 90,000 ton, 355 foot tall dinosaur somehow strong enough to support all that mass without collapsing under its own weight, but the earth's land can somehow sustain it without collapsing as well, then they can do the same for earth's metals, after all, chrome steel is stronger than any creature that's actually capable of existing on this earth IRL. It would also be using the bones of a creature that was artificially made strong enough to bend the rules of physics per this franchise to support itself, so there's that.

Oh, and I'm still waiting for an explanation on how a giant three headed, golden dragon of any kind fits a "grounded" setting.
One, I'm no fool. I don't think that there is anyone amongst us that doesn't know that Godzilla is impossible. I fully understand the square-cube law. Do not act as if something so obvious has eluded me.

Two, it has been stated that the only thing we're asked to see as different from our own reality in the Legendary universe is the presence of creatures such as Godzilla that can function as they are. Yes, Godzilla's weight would rip through the ground, however that would be incredibly taxing to fully depict on-screen without looking absurd. Godzilla's body is clearly stronger than any normal material. We are not asked to believe that an animal whose body is composed of standard materials exists at that size, we're asked to believe that something beyond our understanding is. The rules of physics still apply (barring things that must be left out for convenience), Godzilla merely withstands them.

Three, Godzilla is not a dinosaur.

Four, chrome steel may not collapse itself, but I'm talking about the structure built from it. Forming it out of a strong material does not stop it from becoming structurally compromised. This doesn't just apply to MechaGodzilla or even Mecha in general, its a fact of engineering.

Listen, nothing you say is going to change what I think, and what I've concluded, and I've never seen you shy from the possibility that Mechagodzilla may be in a future film, no matter what others tell you. Overall, this is a silly thing to argue over. It's late, and neither of us is going to budge, so let's be done with it.

And, since you wanted an answer so badly, polycephaly, or the presence of multiple heads, is a very real and very documented occurrence. Organisms with polycephaly may possess multiple heads, sets of organs and even multiple spines/spinal cords. Most of the time, these organisms may possess individual personalities in each heads and this results in a lack of coordination that prevents them from surviving. However, as several cases have shown, its possible for the creature(s) to coordinate, not only sufficiently, but to the extent where they function as any other organism can.
It's not often seen in nature due to the fact that many creatures with such a condition do not survive long enough to mature, but, if they did breed, the potential for polycephaly can be passed on as it is a genetic mutation that affects development in monozygotic embryos.
It's possible that, given the right conditions and several millions of years, a species of tricephalic (three-headed) creatures could arise.
The aesthetic resemblance to dragons is far less of an issue. There actually are species, living and extinct, that bear resemblance to dragons.
Does that satisfy you?
But,

Lest We Forget

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

Mechagodzilla would be fun, so that's why he shouldn't be used. We need a more realistic kaiju, like Bagan or Gwangi.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Space Hunter M wrote:Mechagodzilla would be fun, so that's why he shouldn't be used. We need a more realistic kaiju, like Bagan or Gwangi.
Again, and a giant golden, three-headed dragon is realistic?

Seriously, realism just flew out the fucking window when they announced that they've acquired the rights to him, enough with this "realism" nonsense.

PS, LazerWhale per the square-cube law, the animal's strength::mass ratio is actually CUT when you increase the size of the creature. As tvtropes puts it: “if you double a critter’s height while keeping it the same shape, you end up with four times the muscle power moving eight times the mass, so instead of having the same relative agility as the original, the double-sized creature actually has only half.” So there you go, Godzilla would not be able to exist, period without collapsing under his own weight at that size, and the monster strengthening itself as it grew to where it could still support itself at that height and mass defies every single law of science and physics out there. If they can ignore these rules for his sake, they can for a MechaGodzilla since both would be scientifically impossible IRL, MG would at least be powered by a generator that could produce energy to help it move, and be anchored by the bones of a creature that also defied the square-cube law.