Rodan, Mothra, & King Ghidorah Designs (2018-)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Jatahaxe
Interpol Agent

Re: Rodan, Mothra, & King Ghidorah Designs (2018-)

Post by Jatahaxe »

If there's any fat on G'14, it's on his back.
Monsters are the real people.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

g2vd wrote:
Vatarian wrote:
Godzilla165 wrote:I've always wanted Ghidorah to have gravity bolts that are extremely quick to fire, but still hit like skreeonking wrecking balls, and sear you severely at the same time. Pretty much update the "classic" gravity bolts, and give them a lot more of a punch and extreme heat; like I want Godzilla to reel from just one of those bloody things.

I don't think heat would be all that effective on something that essentially ate a 15 megaton nuke and wasn't impressed.
That's a outliner.
No it isn't.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Than how can Heisei Godzilla swim under the mantle and live in a Volcano for 4 years, and yet get hurt by lasers?
Godzilla

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

g2vd wrote:Than how can Heisei Godzilla swim under the mantle and live in a Volcano for 4 years, and yet get hurt by lasers?
http://hauntedmech.tumblr.com/post/1209 ... -the#notes

Simple, because the lasers apply much more pressure and energy on a certain amount of surface area per square meter than the inside of a volcano and/or the earth's mantle does. The damage the lasers do to the buildings are irrelevant to the laser's power.

Shadd21
Samurai

Post by Shadd21 »

I wouldn't mind if Ghidorah has "dragon feet" like he did in gmk.

All_Humans_Must_Die
G-Grasper

Post by All_Humans_Must_Die »

Shadd21 wrote:I wouldn't mind if Ghidorah has "dragon feet" like he did in gmk.
and give them the ability to grip like those of a hawk or other predatory avians
For the sake of peace, for the sake of balance, and for the sake of the earth... All humans must die

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

Oh boy. We're going to have to explain surface-area-to-yield ratios to people screaming "OUTLIER" once again.

godzillalives88
Interpol Agent

Post by godzillalives88 »

I don't know if this has already been brought up, but does anyone else think Ghidorah's wings should fold when he's on ground (a la GMK)? I know people seem to want that for Rodan, but I wasn't sure where people stood on Ghidorah.

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

godzillalives88 wrote:I don't know if this has already been brought up, but does anyone else think Ghidorah's wings should fold when he's on ground (a la GMK)? I know people seem to want that for Rodan, but I wasn't sure where people stood on Ghidorah.
Honestly I want all of them to fold their wings, it would be cool to see Mothra actually walk between buildings. Ghidorah having his wings folded could have a awesome scene with him unveiling them like with Otachi in PR or in GMK.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

I sorta liked Ghidorah's wings to be out as it makes him seem bigger, more intimidating, and impressive.

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

I would like him to have his wings like they were in GMK. When he first awakens/appears, his wings are folded in. But afterwards his wings are opened for intimidation and to show dominance.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

Gerdzerl wrote:
g2vd wrote:Than how can Heisei Godzilla swim under the mantle and live in a Volcano for 4 years, and yet get hurt by lasers?

Simple, because the lasers apply much more pressure and energy on a certain amount of surface area per square meter than the inside of a volcano and/or the earth's mantle does. The damage the lasers do to the buildings are irrelevant to the laser's power.
Here's what IR said.
Inferno Rodan wrote:Yes and no.

The science itself in the provided link is indeed good. But it's also faulty because the attacks being compared to the nuke do not display greater intensity than a nuke. That analogy with asphalt surviving the nuke yet being broken apart by a jackhammer is especially bad. I won't bother going into the details of why, but the Hiroshima and Nagasaki nukes detonated at 1900 and 1650 feet above the ground respectively. The asphalt at ground zero was by no means subjected to the forces of a point blant nuclear explosion. Yes, it's true that a jackhammer can turn asphalt into rubble with ease. But if those nukes had been in laying on the ground when they detonated, the asphalt (as well as several meters of earth directly below the asphalt) would have been completely vaporized.
Godzilla

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

g2vd wrote:
Gerdzerl wrote:

Here's what IR said.
Inferno Rodan wrote:Yes and no.

The science itself in the provided link is indeed good. But it's also faulty because the attacks being compared to the nuke do not display greater intensity than a nuke. That analogy with asphalt surviving the nuke yet being broken apart by a jackhammer is especially bad. I won't bother going into the details of why, but the Hiroshima and Nagasaki nukes detonated at 1900 and 1650 feet above the ground respectively. The asphalt at ground zero was by no means subjected to the forces of a point blant nuclear explosion. Yes, it's true that a jackhammer can turn asphalt into rubble with ease. But if those nukes had been in laying on the ground when they detonated, the asphalt (as well as several meters of earth directly below the asphalt) would have been completely vaporized.
That's cool and all, but the lasers and kaiju attacks still apply more force on a smaller surface area than a nuke does.

Let's take this discussion to the Games forum, as this doesn't really have anything to do with the topic.

BlankAccount
Sazer

Post by BlankAccount »

I wouldn't mind this design for King Ghidorah, 6 eyes on each head is very alien but it also works because it somehow makes him more expressive.

http://img01.deviantart.net/739c/i/2014 ... 80bhaf.jpg

TetsukiGroudon
Terminated
Terminated

Post by TetsukiGroudon »

I actually wouldn't mind that....

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

Been posted before but yeah, I adore that design. Just imagine King Ghidorah being say, 130 meters and looking like THAT in the movie.

#BotM

Gerdzerl

Post by Gerdzerl »

Godzilla165 wrote:Been posted before but yeah, I adore that design. Just imagine King Ghidorah being say, 130 meters and looking like THAT in the movie.
I'd honestly be okay with that. It's a nice, Showa-esque design.

Still hoping for something like these designs, though:
Spoiler:

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

The Honey Bones Ghidorah (last two), are one of, if not my absolute favorite look for Ghidorah, with the six-eyed one being a close second.

#BotM

g2vd
Xilien Halfling

Post by g2vd »

This idea of Mothra isn't too bad.
http://gabe-tke.deviantart.com/art/Godz ... -538442847
Godzilla

Legendary Gojira
Monarch Researcher

Post by Legendary Gojira »

Not bad. Not bad at all.