Little things you didn't notice at first

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Re: Little things you didn't notice at first

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Chris55 wrote:
Variola wrote:
And for decades Godzilla has walked knee deep in the open ocean. Depth inconsistency is just a fact of life for Godzilla.
You said he swam away, which he didn't.
But anyway, the camera moves away from Godzilla when the MUTO shows up at the same spot 30 seconds later.
It's not like the entire bay is a flat plane of concrete, it probably got deeper so he was able to go back to swimming. x)

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Variola wrote:
Chris55 wrote:
Variola wrote:
And for decades Godzilla has walked knee deep in the open ocean. Depth inconsistency is just a fact of life for Godzilla.
You said he swam away, which he didn't.
But anyway, the camera moves away from Godzilla when the MUTO shows up at the same spot 30 seconds later.
So what, he temporarily turned invisible? Going back underwater is the only explanation; he even emerges from the sea next time we see him.
And it wasn't the same spot; the male muto showed up directly above the nuke boat, which was quite a distance from Godzilla.
There are deleted finished CGI monster shots so I think that's what happened.

Here's a shot where can see Godzilla not very far off to the right side of the screen and the camera moved inside the boat with the nuke in it

Timecode:
1:26:48 Godzilla chased away from bridge

1:27:25 Muto shows up via EMP burst before it attacks.

Godzilla was still in the area. Man, we really need to get that extended cut. It'd fill in so many gaps.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Looking at it, he still could have swam or at least halfway submerge himself and crawled. Similar to what a crocodile does, with his upper half along the length of his body exposed.

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

PRIMEVAL wrote:Looking at it, he still could have swam or at least halfway submerge himself and crawled. Similar to what a crocodile does, with his upper half along the length of his body exposed.
That doesn't make any sense though. Why do that? He swam there because the MUTO was going to be there. I dunno. It's weird. I'm sure Gareth could explain but he's off in another galaxy right now.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

Variola
JXSDF Technician

Post by Variola »

Chris55 wrote:
There are deleted finished CGI monster shots so I think that's what happened.

Here's a shot where can see Godzilla not very far off to the right side of the screen and the camera moved inside the boat with the nuke in it

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y48/MR ... yegauf.png

Timecode:
1:26:48 Godzilla chased away from bridge

1:27:25 Muto shows up via EMP burst before it attacks.

Godzilla was still in the area. Man, we really need to get that extended cut. It'd fill in so many gaps.
Gah, don't get my hopes up, I'd love to see that cut, but we probably never will. :cry:

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

Variola wrote:
Gah, don't get my hopes up, I'd love to see that cut, but we probably never will. :cry:[/quote]

The only way to get any send of an extended cut is the trailers/Art of Destruction book.

Another thing I noticed:

Ford gets knocked off the trestle and into the water. Then the train follows suit. In the next scene, he's caked in mud and washed up on shore surrounded not only by dead soldiers but also civilians and the nuke which should be at the bottom of the lake, is on shore and being airlifted away. The only other piece of info pertaining to this scene is in the Art of Destruction book shows Ford crawling on the shore.

I sure would like to know what happened there.