Godzilla 2 News and Updates

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
RumbleJapan
GPN Volunteer

Re: Godzilla 2 News and Updates

Post by RumbleJapan »

Given the first film's pace, I'd have to agree with Tyler. But then again, the first film served as a premise for an established trilogy, so it wouldn't be too illogical to speed up the pace now that the first film had served as a venture and provided a back story to the franchise. I just hope that the concepts tie-in-together quite nicely.
Visit my fan site: Goji Database

KaijuFiend
Rainbowzilla

Re: Godzilla 2 News and Updates

Post by KaijuFiend »

KManX89 wrote: As for Godzilla 3, by saving Ghidorah and maybe Rodan as well for last after revealing them early, short of making it a DAM remake, I don't know what more they could add/reveal for the third movie to keep those of us dying for new tidbits/info interested in the meantime

I wrote:There's more than just monsters to announce. An early concept reel, a few details about the plot of the third film, etc.
I'd also like to point out that we have no idea what the second and third films will be like. I don't know why you keep acting like we know everything. Edwards and Tull haven't said "We're remaking GTTHM!" or anything. No plot has been revealed yet whatsoever.
KManX89 wrote:Personally, I was hoping that we could get MechaGodzilla or Dessy for Godzilla 3, but it is what it is.
I wrote:Then there's the fact that they announced they have the rights to 5 Toho monsters. I'm pretty sure it's been confirmed that Godzilla is one of them, so that still leaves one monster we're in the dark on. Wouldn't something like Biollante, Gigan, MechaGodzilla, or Destroyah be a pretty big revelation? And it's certainly possible that, assuming the sequel does around as well as the first, they purchase the rights to more Toho monsters. Or they could use new monsters. They could totally do the silhouette thing again for third film if they wanted to.
There's still one more Toho monster they have the rights to, but haven't revealed. I do agree revealing the three that they did was probably a bit much. Was it a bad idea? Perhaps. Time will tell.