Godzilla starts Spanish-American War

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Olzh26
Interpol Agent

Re: Godzilla starts Spanish-American War

Post by Olzh26 »

Hokmuto wrote:
AtomicMorningBreath wrote:
Hokmuto wrote: It’s literally in the audio commentary for Kong Skull Island
I could be wrong, but you may be thinking about Bill Randa's ship, the U.S.S. Lawton. Roberts alluded to that one being sunk by Godzilla. However, I don't think anything was said about the Maine, which is the ship that is referenced during the opening credits. That was the ship that was sunk to begin the Spanish-American War.
Ah, yes. That’s correct. Thanks for the correction. Nonetheless logically, it’ll be Godzilla.
it could be any other monster.

Added in 21 hours 58 minutes 23 seconds:
Hokmuto wrote:
AtomicMorningBreath wrote:
Hokmuto wrote: It’s literally in the audio commentary for Kong Skull Island
I could be wrong, but you may be thinking about Bill Randa's ship, the U.S.S. Lawton. Roberts alluded to that one being sunk by Godzilla. However, I don't think anything was said about the Maine, which is the ship that is referenced during the opening credits. That was the ship that was sunk to begin the Spanish-American War.
Ah, yes. That’s correct. Thanks for the correction. Nonetheless logically, it’ll be Godzilla.
However, there are still a bunch of other monsters. it could be anyone

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla starts Spanish-American War

Post by G2000 »

Olzh26 wrote:I still want to know why you decided that it was Godzilla
Largely because the opening credits sequence (as I viewed it, at least) seemed to be specifically focused on Godzilla sightings throughout history (beginning with ancient depictions of sea monsters that were arguably supposed to have been inspired by Godzilla in-universe and going through to footage of Godzilla from the late 1940s - early 1950s), rather than just monsters in general.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST