Confirmed: Philippine skeleton was Godzilla species

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
G2000
Xilien Halfling

Re: Confirmed: Philippine skeleton was Godzilla species

Post by G2000 »

Living Corpse wrote: As long as he doesn't clunk out almost every time he falls.

*Glares at Kiryu*
Don't make me smack you, boy.

But yeah, if they wanted to somehow work in MechaGodzilla, they should do it Kiryu-style and use Adam as a base.
Last edited by G2000 on Sat Aug 23, 2014 8:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

Living Corpse wrote:That's an interesting theory.
Like how Giara and Sanda prefer the sea and mountains, respectively.
"Hey, I just thought of something. Maybe this Godzilla isn't our Godzilla."

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Living Corpse wrote:
It's only logical, Godzilla bones would stand up to Godzilla and other monsters or even just support the heavy machines own weight.

Now, have the laser eyes and finger missiles back so we can have a ray clash party, WOOT!

http://31.media.tumblr.com/4518d4671a76 ... o1_500.gif
That's about the only way I could see humanity thinking a giant Godzilla-bot is practical-by using its stronger-than titanium bones as the frame.

I want at least one ray clash from this franchise.

Variola
JXSDF Technician

Post by Variola »

I really can't see Mechagodzilla working within the quasi-realistic tone of the LP series.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

Variola wrote:I really can't see Mechagodzilla working within the quasi-realistic tone of the LP series.
I can see it, but only if they do it a certain way.

That's what me and LC are discussing-the only way it would be somewhat believable.

Dinozaurus
Samurai

Post by Dinozaurus »

Variola wrote:I really can't see Mechagodzilla working within the quasi-realistic tone of the LP series.
Then maybe a cybernetic Godzilla that is more organic than Kiryu was but still able to be controlled like a machine. Sort of like a remote controlled Godzilla.
It works 60% of the time, every time.

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

Dinozaurus wrote:Sort of like a remote controlled Godzilla.
Remote controlled by spacemen? You could call it a Mechagodziller.

Dinozaurus
Samurai

Post by Dinozaurus »

Space Hunter M wrote:
Dinozaurus wrote:Sort of like a remote controlled Godzilla.
Remote controlled by spacemen? You could call it a Mechagodziller.
"You're mistaken if you think your powers are a match for Mechagodzilla"
It works 60% of the time, every time.

blaze
Samurai

Post by blaze »

The reason people didn't believe that that skeleton was a Godzilla was because the one depicted in the movie is a very long serpentine-like ribcage, they went overboard when trying to sell you its massive size, having that neck go on and on and on (the only thing we saw of the skeleton in that scene according to the video), besides the drawing of Adam doesn't have cervical ribs, it just doesn't fit but since it's official the discrepancies can be shrugged off as a mistake and nothing else.

charliesheenkaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by charliesheenkaiju »

blaze wrote:The reason people didn't believe that that skeleton was a Godzilla was because the one depicted in the movie is a very long serpentine-like ribcage, they went overboard when trying to sell you its massive size, having that neck go on and on and on (the only thing we saw of the skeleton in that scene according to the video), besides the drawing of Adam doesn't have cervical ribs, it just doesn't fit but since it's official the discrepancies can be shrugged off as a mistake and nothing else.
If anything i believed it was the tail which was why it was so long.
Kong better not touch my drumset!

jobalexang
Ronin

Post by jobalexang »

charliesheenkaiju wrote:
blaze wrote:The reason people didn't believe that that skeleton was a Godzilla was because the one depicted in the movie is a very long serpentine-like ribcage, they went overboard when trying to sell you its massive size, having that neck go on and on and on (the only thing we saw of the skeleton in that scene according to the video), besides the drawing of Adam doesn't have cervical ribs, it just doesn't fit but since it's official the discrepancies can be shrugged off as a mistake and nothing else.
If anything i believed it was the tail which was why it was so long.
I was wondering about this as well. The Adam sketch had a very small skeletal structure in comparison to the cavernous size of the Godzilla in the Phillipines. Unless Adam is one of the earlier species they ever found (first of it's kind? Like how Adam was the first human), and the Godzilla skeleton in the Phillipines is one of a few that they've found?

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

For a while, I thought that this creature wasn't a Godzilla. A lot of the structure was different, and the picture of Adam differed greatly from the Philippine skeleton. While what counts in the long run is that the film's Mutos were parasitic animals that could kill giant monsters (think on that for a moment... Two Muto larvae killing a member of the Godzilla species O_O). Does it really matter that this was related to Godzilla? Not necessarily. But with this knowledge in mind, I would like to point a couple of things out.

Before I begin, here are pics of Adam and the skeleton to refer to. I know they've been posted, but for convenience sake. ;)

Full Pic: http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k63 ... 1409009617
Full Pic: http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k63 ... 1409009628

Now I recall someone mentioning that the skeleton could have been part of a tunneling species of Gojira. That's a cool theory, but my question is... How? Because judging from the image below, he doesn't have the arms to do such a thing.

Full Pic: http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k63 ... 1409009645
Full Pic: http://i1119.photobucket.com/albums/k63 ... 1409009663

Not to say that he needs arms to begin with; the Heterocephalus glaber, known as the Naked Mole Rat, gnaws through the dirt via external teeth. So maybe, if this Gojiran is a burrower, there's more ways than one to do that. Or maybe even pull a Baragon, spewing atomic fire on the ground to soften it and dig straight through. Assuming he has it, that is. :P
KWC Co-Operations Manager and Resident Wumbo.
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.
MoarCrossovers wrote:We snorted crushed Morbius DVDs and snail shells

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Living Corpse wrote:The spikes are smaller and a different shape, and the tall is much shorter. So this would be better built for digging than 2014 Godzilla who's long tail and huge spikes help him swim.
Oooh, so that referred to Adam... I thought this was about the Philippine skeleton. XD Looking at the image again, I can definitely see a lot of those traits fitting in. I also find it interesting that, aside from the fact that they're shaped differently, Adam only has one row of dorsal plates. The living Godzilla has three (maybe more, I can't remember).
Soggy Noodles wrote:Anno brought back Showa ambition by doing smaller scales, morals and trying to examine humanity.

Seshita brought back Heisei ambition with absurd powerscaling, rad fights and fat asses.

Pair of kings.

Fighing On Fuji
GPN Volunteer

Post by Fighing On Fuji »

B34sT wrote:The Art of Destruction book even said it was. I don't know how people cold be convinced otherwise.
Maybe because it looks nothing like Godzilla?

I honestly imagined this being some kind of non-predatory creature with multiple pairs of legs. It's kind of disappointing that this pin-headed snake thing is supposed to be related to our title monster.

KaijuX
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by KaijuX »

Actually, with a Godzilla-related species this different...

#GodzookyConfirmed

Sorry, couldn't help it. :lol:

Pair of kings.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

I honestly still don't think it looks like Godzilla in anyway... I know the book confirms it as a Godzilla, but it just doesnt look like one to me.

It's WAY too long and/or narrow to be a Godzilla ribcage. And it isn't designed like a tail, tails don't have curved ribs on each side.

And in film, it sounds to me like it is just another type of Kaiju.
"Is it him?"

"No. This is much older"
If it WAS a Godzilla, I think it would of played out a little more like the following.
"Is it him?"

"No, it's the same species, but this one died long ago"
I was under the impression that the world was once dominated by Kaiju LIKE Godzilla and the MUTOs, meaning an unknown amount of different kinds of Kaiju. And that the MUTO hunted them. The skeleton in the beginning of the film just being one example of one of the many species of Kaiju that once roamed the earth that was hunted down by MUTO.

And on topic of the skeleton drawing, I wouldn't read much into it. It's most likely just an artists idea of what his skeleton structure could look like. I don't think it was meant as a type of Sub-Godzilla.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

charliesheenkaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by charliesheenkaiju »

This doesnt require much analyzation. The skeleton was an ancient unidentified species related to Godzilla but rather different than the one we know. THose looking into the skeleton picture adam and saying how it doesnt match up with the cavern skeleton, it could easily just be an inconsistency in the design. maybe it wasn't a complete skeleton and adam was a sketch of what it wouldve looked like in its entirety
Kong better not touch my drumset!

M.U.T.O.
Futurian

Post by M.U.T.O. »

I would expect this to happen only because of tectonics and layering of sediment. That or it was dragged there by the MUTOs.
What do you call it when a railroad engineer moves toward a psychic?
Spoiler:
Approach Medium.