My theory on Godzilla 2

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Missingno.
G-Grasper

My theory on Godzilla 2

Post by Missingno. »

Okay, I know this is VERY unlikely, but it just comes to me as this scenario: What if this new Godzilla is a remake of Ghidrah the Three Headed Monster? The reason why I say this is because Legendary has recently acquired the rights for Mothra, Rodan and King Ghidorah. These monsters just so happened to appear in that one movie... So what do you guys think?
TK's resident other 1980's fan who longs for that decade's return, and severe weather fanatic.
LSD Jellyfish wrote:WOW WHAT HONOL. SO KOOR, VERY JOUZU KAWAII SOU DESU NE. AHHHH OKII CHINKO DESU KA. MMMMM CHICHI, WATSHI NO MANKO NI CHINKO O IKYUUUUUUUU
NEVER FORGET:
8-8-2015
R.I.P. Games forum
Resized ImageResized Image
The 80's----The weather!

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Re: My theory on Godzilla 2

Post by Underworld54 »

Missingno. wrote:Okay, I know this is VERY unlikely, but it just comes to me as this scenario: What if this new Godzilla is a remake of Ghidrah the Three Headed Monster? The reason why I say this is because Legendary has recently acquired the rights for Mothra, Rodan and King Ghidorah. These monsters just so happened to appear in that one movie... So what do you guys think?
I think this could be discussed in the dedicated sequel speculation thread.
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

three
Keizer

Post by three »

not likely. they never specified the monsters would appear in one movie together, that being the very next one. that's a fan held belief right now, and poor resource management on the part of LP if true. you wanna save monsters, not crush as many as possible into a movie before the last one is even drawn up.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

^Edwards has said he wanted to do a DAM remake, so maybe he wants to get the major Godzilla villain out of the way before the grand finale (which I would, of course, be A-OK with)? And I could definitely see them getting the rights to more Toho monsters for it, it might be a mix of old and new kaiju.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

three wrote:not likely. they never specified the monsters would appear in one movie together, that being the very next one. that's a fan held belief right now, and poor resource management on the part of LP if true. you wanna save monsters, not crush as many as possible into a movie before the last one is even drawn up.
Chris55 wrote:He said he liked the idea of an island of monsters. That's a far cry from a remake of DAM.
THIS! This so fucking much! Many fans assume a lot. Also, four monsters does not equate to a Destroy All Monsters remake. Not that they're all going to be in the sequel...
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.