Kong: Skull Island (2017) (NO UNOFFICIAL PHOTOS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

Are you excited?

Yes!
86%
Meh
11%
No thank you
3%

Total votes: 316

Mr_Goji_and_Watch
EDF Instructor

Re: Kong: Skull Island (2017) (NO UNOFFICIAL PHOTOS)

Post by Mr_Goji_and_Watch »

>JVR criticises CinemaSins
>WTF ITS JUST SATIRE WHY IS HE HAVING A MELTDOWN YOU MAD BRO?!?!?!?
Moogabunga wrote:Ive said it before and I'll gladly say it again, this is going to be the best Godzilla film ever and more importantly, its going to be the film that truly makes Godzilla mainstream (and cool)
SoggyNoodles2016 wrote:I'm glad to be a fake fan.

bczilla91
Monarch Researcher

Post by bczilla91 »

The problem is the idiots that follow these channels and use them to determine if they will see a movie or not rather than seeing the movie themselves and forming their own opinion

Plus it seems to be the "cool" thing to actively trash movies on YouTube...no matter how good they are or how well they do at the box office. It's cool to hate on things for no good reason
Last edited by bczilla91 on Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

bczilla91 wrote:The problem is the idiots that follow these channels and use them to determine if they will see a movie or not rather than seeing the movie themselves and forming their own opinion

Plus it seems to be the "cool" thing to actively trash movies on YouTube...no matter how good they are or how well they do at the box office. It's cool to hate on things for no good reason
There's a lot of reasons to hate on Kong: Skull Island :lol:
Last edited by Lain Of The Wired on Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

They actually make a lot of good points, but but they're such pretentious dicks that it's kind of frustrating. They're also relying on the crowd mentality, where as long as they say something confidently enough their entire fanbase believes it no matter how ridiculous.

Fropston
GPN Volunteer

Post by Fropston »

Last edited by Fropston on Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
(Less) Rare poster. :pelops2:

TheSecondComing
Futurian

Post by TheSecondComing »

#1376.

Gener8 compositing supervisor Sherin Varghese (Godzilla, Pacific Rim, Jurassic Park) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5048505/

stunts Brian L. Keaulana (Godzilla, Jurassic World, Predators) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0444205/

stunts Jess Lundgren (Godzilla, The Fate of the Furious, Jurassic World+Fallen Kingdom) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm5995065/

stunts Jim Palmer (Godzilla: King of Monsters, Terminator 2: Judgment Day, 5 Marvel movies) http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0658293/

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

So, does anyone have proof on what sank the USS Laughton? Evidence points towards Godzilla, but Ive seen others say it's Shinomura, despite G:A being dubiously cannon. If it WAS Godzilla, what proof is there to support this idea?
OH NO, IT'S GAWDZILLER!! :D

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:So, does anyone have proof on what sank the USS Laughton? Evidence points towards Godzilla, but Ive seen others say it's Shinomura, despite G:A being dubiously cannon. If it WAS Godzilla, what proof is there to support this idea?
I believe there was a deleted scene where John Goodmam shows a picture of Godzilla saying that sunk it

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:If it WAS Godzilla, what proof is there to support this idea?
- Randa mentions the 1954 nuclear tests, which are the tests shown in the beginning of Godzilla, right before he discusses his experience on the Lawton.
- The audio commentary mentions that Randa was originally supposed to show Senator Willis this image but they deleted it because it was too "on the nose".

It's Godzilla, for all intents and purposes. However, they have the option to retcon it into something else if they need to.

I can tell you one thing: It's not Shinomura and anything from that comic should be taken with a grain of invisible salt. It's canon-icity is extremely spotty and I guarantee that Legendary won't be looking to link the movie with it.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

Yeah, the intent was for it to be Godzilla, even if the movie doesn't give a definitive answer.
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

UltramanGoji wrote:
Gawdziller1954 wrote:If it WAS Godzilla, what proof is there to support this idea?
- Randa mentions the 1954 nuclear tests, which are the tests shown in the beginning of Godzilla, right before he discusses his experience on the Lawton.
- The audio commentary mentions that Randa was originally supposed to show Senator Willis this image but they deleted it because it was too "on the nose".

It's Godzilla, for all intents and purposes. However, they have the option to retcon it into something else if they need to.

I can tell you one thing: It's not Shinomura and anything from that comic should be taken with a grain of invisible salt. It's canon-icity is extremely spotty and I guarantee that Legendary won't be looking to link the movie with it.
Thanks for the help! I was recently in a youtube argument with a G2014 fanboy who stated it was shinomura because there was "No proof" of it being Godzilla.

Chris55
Site Director | Media Relations

Post by Chris55 »

Gawdziller1954 wrote:So, does anyone have proof on what sank the USS Laughton? Evidence points towards Godzilla, but Ive seen others say it's Shinomura, despite G:A being dubiously cannon. If it WAS Godzilla, what proof is there to support this idea?
There isn't any. I postponed the video interview I shot with Jordan Vogt-Roberts posting due to Nakajima's death but it will be posted this week. It's the last question but essentially, it's just some unnamed monster.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

RamshackleRanger
Futurian

Post by RamshackleRanger »

Chris55 wrote:
There isn't any. I postponed the video interview I shot with Jordan Vogt-Roberts posting due to Nakajima's death but it will be posted this week. It's the last question but essentially, it's just some unnamed monster.
I thought that jordan confirmed it was going to be godzilla?

ebirah_scampi
Interpol Agent

Post by ebirah_scampi »

If Randa was supposed to show the picture of Godzilla to Colonel Packard after telling him about the USS Lawton, that I would see as proof of it being Godzilla, but a picture of Godzilla being considered for an unrelated scene doesn't seem like it proves anything to me. Just because they replaced Godzilla's photo with one of the destroyed Lawton doesn't mean he destroyed it, just that they felt the big G himself was too on the nose and so they decided to show the destruction caused by what could have been any kaiju.

Chris55

Post by Chris55 »

SenseiTeriyakiV wrote:
Chris55 wrote:
I thought that jordan confirmed it was going to be godzilla?
Nope.
Your misconceptions and fantasies along with your misguided sense of entitlement don't dictate my actions.

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

JVR says during the commentary track that there was going to be an image of Godzilla during the sequence where the Lawton is shown, but he didn't want to take any attention from Kong in any way.

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

GFAN198423 wrote:JVR says during the commentary track that there was going to be an image of Godzilla during the sequence where the Lawton is shown, but he didn't want to take any attention from Kong in any way.
Yup. Sorry Chris, you're in the wrong here.

From the commentary track:

"This (picture of the Lawton) was actually at one point supposed to be a picture of Godzilla and I fought really hard against that because I really felt like the movie needed to be about King Kong at the beginning and to sort of have an image of Godzilla up front suddenly turned it into a "weird sequel". I always felt there was going to be people going to see this movie who didn't know anything about Godzilla and luckily the studio was very smart and understood that, so it was a very last minute change."

It's Godzilla, but the situation in the movie leaves it open for a retcon if Legendary wants to do that. But, for all intents and purposes right now, it's Godzilla.

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

Chris55 wrote:
Where will I be able to find this interview?

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Other interesting notes from the commentary, specifically the credit scenes (as that's all I watched beyond the Senator Willis scene):

- The after-credits scene was almost not included with the movie and was only added due to JVR's insistence that the audience would love the scene as well as a positive reaction from a crew member who hadn't seen the movie.
- When asked if he wants to make a sequel, JVR joked about making a prequel of John C. Reilly fighting monsters with a katana.
Gawdziller1954 wrote: Where will I be able to find this interview?
The uh...main site.

You know Toho Kingdom is more than just a forum, right?

Gawdziller1954
JXSDF Technician

Post by Gawdziller1954 »

UltramanGoji wrote:Other interesting notes from the commentary, specifically the credit scenes (as that's all I watched beyond the Senator Willis scene):

- The after-credits scene was almost not included with the movie and was only added due to JVR's insistence that the audience would love the scene as well as a positive reaction from a crew member who hadn't seen the movie.
- When asked if he wants to make a sequel, JVR joked about making a prequel of John C. Reilly fighting monsters with a katana.
Gawdziller1954 wrote: Where will I be able to find this interview?
The uh...main site.

You know Toho Kingdom is more than just a forum, right?
I very well know that. However, I cannot be sure WHERE said interview will be posted, as I am a newcomer.