Kong: Skull Island (2017) (NO UNOFFICIAL PHOTOS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

Are you excited?

Yes!
86%
Meh
11%
No thank you
3%

Total votes: 316

Cookson
Futurian

Re: Kong: Skull Island (2017) (NO UNOFFICIAL PHOTOS)

Post by Cookson »

BlacktimusPrime wrote:
Cookson wrote:
B34sT wrote:Has anyoe else seen this?
http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/c ... and-904652

100 feet tall. Not quite the tallest but abut a third the size of Godzila.
That's quite small honestly compared to what I thought he would be. Not sure how a 100 foot Monster takes on the 350 foot Godzilla.
Young kong. One line in skull island about him still growing and they have all the they need to explain kong being bigger 40 years later.
Honestly, I want Kong: Skull Island opening to be right after the events of G14 with Tom Hiddlestons character(obviously much older) seeing Godzilla on the news and recalling the monster he witnessed years ago(the movie) The final scene goes back to present and old Hiddleston saying he's much bigger now and will battle Godzilla over territory or something like that.
"We knew the world would not be the same. Few people laughed, few people cried, most people were silent."~Robert Oppenheimer

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

100 feet = 30.48 meters.

....I hope they know what they're doing. He's barely one third of Godzilla's size even with that size boost.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

Cookson wrote:
BlacktimusPrime wrote:
Cookson wrote:
That's quite small honestly compared to what I thought he would be. Not sure how a 100 foot Monster takes on the 350 foot Godzilla.
Young kong. One line in skull island about him still growing and they have all the they need to explain kong being bigger 40 years later.
Honestly, I want Kong: Skull Island opening to be right after the events of G14 with Tom Hiddlestons character(obviously much older) seeing Godzilla on the news and recalling the monster he witnessed years ago(the movie) The final scene goes back to present and old Hiddleston saying he's much bigger now and will battle Godzilla over territory or something like that.
That would actually be a pretty neat opening.

The ending is a little cheesy, but eh...
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

Tyrant28
JXSDF Technician

Post by Tyrant28 »

Well we will have to wait and see how he actually stands first. He could walk in a quadruple format most of the time like the Peter Jackson Kong.
MrRockett wrote: They are a sticky bunch for sure. In 2014 all the guys were gathered around the Gravity booth to get a glimpse and maybe an autograph from Sandra Bullock. Some ass jockey decided to not crop dust the crowd, dude let off some straight napalm and cleared a 20 ft radius and didn’t flinch, he just moved up closer. I prayed Sandra wouldn’t catch a whiff, talk about Endgame....just gross.

Ivo-goji
EDF Instructor

Post by Ivo-goji »

Or maybe this Kong dies at the end and a completely different Kong fights Godzilla in 2020.

Sure, doesn't sound likely now, but a few years ago when Cinematc Universes were less of a thing and films were more stand-alone? That's exactly what would happen.
Resized Image
Kaiju-King42 wrote: Welcome to Toho Kingdom, where every conceivable opinion, no matter how outlandish or unpopular, is a possibility among the population.

kiryuzilla
Terminated
Terminated

Post by kiryuzilla »

Ryguy wrote:^Boom! This right here!

Anguirus would actually make perfect sense in this universe, too.
You're right, it'd be nice to have their own creation fight Kong and Godzilla if they go that route. I was 50/50 on the Mutos, but it was overall a good movie. I honestly just want something gigantic, even bigger then Ghidorah, and to be absolutely terrifying. Something truly horrifying. It's actually pretty difficult making a monster scary. Desing-wise, relatively easy. But the way its presented is what can totally change the tone of the movie and is usually difficult, but I don't see them having a problem on executing. I want a moment where the audience goes quiet and darkness fills the room, and you just think to yourself " They're screwed. Our heroes will NOT make it out of this fight. At least not one of them". What are some of the scariest monster designs you think should be in for KVG assuming they go the team up route?

I like the idea of them introducing Anguirus, but we might not get him until Godzilla 3. Or maybe when Godzilla 2 is released and is a box office success, Toho will give them more rights to monsters like Anguirus so he can be introduced earlier for KVG. I think that'd be awesome! I also love the fan designs.

I think if he's going to be around 100 ft. for the movie the only reasons they can say to excuse why he's much bigger in KVG is
1. He suffered a deadly dose of radiation that caused him to grow and become immune to radiation (This will make G's atomic breath useless besides the only thing hurting him which is the impact of it)
2. He either naturally grows giant (Love this one the most) or suffers 'gigantism'. That way we might see other of his species naturally grow at 100 ft but he grew much bigger.
3. Monarch experimented on him which caused his growth.
Known as KingKong19100
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMxokP ... G3cPzAWKlQ
Website: http://kingkong19100.wordpress.com/2014 ... -complete/
Checkout my YouTube channel, I make 3D animations of King Kong and Godzilla that everyone would enjoy! Okay...I'm gonna go now *pushes a pull-only door* HahaGod do I wish someone loved mehaha

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

I want to see shit like a giant Kong-sized centipede or maybe some kind of giant frilled reptile monster.
I guess any Primal Rage esq creature would be cool, especially an Armadon type monster
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

morgoth
G-Force Personnel

Post by morgoth »

Looks like Kong will only be 30 meters.

"The wait was not a long one."

"The Devil has three heads."

godzillalives88
Interpol Agent

Post by godzillalives88 »

100 feet is probably the perfect size for THIS movie. It's small enough where Kong can interact with human characters, be obscured by the jungle, and basically be "classic" Kong. Yet large enough where his being bigger in KK v. G (either by naturally growing so or through scientific means) is less of a stretch.

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

We shall see how this goes. Still, that's a big damn dirty ape.

Ryguy
EDF Instructor

Post by Ryguy »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:I want to see shit like a giant Kong-sized centipede or maybe some kind of giant frilled reptile monster.
I guess any Primal Rage esq creature would be cool, especially an Armadon type monster
Speaking of which, I wonder how many different species will be featured in this one.

I'm hoping for a lot, like I'm talking King Kong 2005 numbers. One thing that I really adore about that film is that the creative team was not hesitant to go all-out with the "scary unknown island inhabited by monsters" concept. Giant centipedes, leeches, lizards, bats, spiders, wetas, you name it.

I felt that it was a humongous step forward from the 1976 film in that sense. Quite literally, the only animals residing on the island in that version were Kong and the giant python. It just felt "bare".
I honestly just want something gigantic, even bigger then Ghidorah, and to be absolutely terrifying. Something truly horrifying.
Eh, I agree but I disagree.

I have always agreed with the concept that Ghidorah could act as the Thanos of this universe: the baddest of the bad. But I suppose if the creative team could illustrate something truly horrifying (we're talking lethal, unnatural, scaly, rugged, extraterrestrial-looking, no thunder thighs, etc), I could be content with it.

At this point though, all I really want is an intimidating Ghidorah that is developed thoroughly.
"And now you will walk to him, and you will battle him to the death. Green and Brown. Fight night. The greatest gladiator match in the history of the world: reptile versus primate; day versus night; King of Monsters versus Kong of Skull Island!"

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

Godzilla will make quick work of him, kinda like he did with Bambi.
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

B34sT wrote:Has anyoe else seen this?
"This is going to be the biggest Kong there's ever been," boasted director Jordon Vogt-Roberts. "Not 10 foot or 30 foot, but a 100-foot ape."
100 feet tall. Not quite the tallest but abut a third the size of Godzila.
Well shit. Cant complain. Can I?
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

kiryuzilla
Terminated
Terminated

Post by kiryuzilla »

Ryguy wrote:Eh, I agree but I disagree.

I have always agreed with the concept that Ghidorah could act as the Thanos of this universe: the baddest of the bad. But I suppose if the creative team could illustrate something truly horrifying (we're talking lethal, unnatural, scaly, rugged, extraterrestrial-looking, no thunder thighs, etc), I could be content with it.

At this point though, all I really want is an intimidating Ghidorah that is developed thoroughly.
Exactly! I really don't like a monster with thunder thighs, it makes them look weak and slow. Well, powerful, but really really slow. I like the idea of Ghidorah being the Thanos of this universe, but I really hope they show how powerful he is. That he can't be taken down easily and it'll take more then one monster to do it. I mean I'm hoping it's Kong, Godzilla, and maybe Mothra or Anguirus who do it, but they're most likely having Ghidorah, Rodan, and Mothra in Godzilla 2. This is why I was saying someone else like Destroyah or SpaceGodzilla, because they're also powerful deadly monsters that takes more then Godzilla to be taken down. But you're right they did only work in their own movies. But yeah Ghidorah would need to be really powerful so they show he can't be taken down easily.I've been saying this because he always gets his ass kicked in every movie he's in.
Known as KingKong19100
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMxokP ... G3cPzAWKlQ
Website: http://kingkong19100.wordpress.com/2014 ... -complete/
Checkout my YouTube channel, I make 3D animations of King Kong and Godzilla that everyone would enjoy! Okay...I'm gonna go now *pushes a pull-only door* HahaGod do I wish someone loved mehaha

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Kong either wont be an adult yet or something will happen for him to grow a bit bigger. A 100 ft Kong still wont hold his own to a 350 ft Godzilla. maybe 200 or 225. ft might be tolerable.

Be interesting to say the least

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

The news about Kong's size is currently trending on Facebook. From what I can see, there are more positive comments than negative.

ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.

Gib money.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Underworld54 wrote:Godzilla will make quick work of him, kinda like he did with Bambi.
Are you trolling?
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

I mean even if Kong does remain that size, he'll definately have an advantage in agility and be able to use his size and surroundings to his advantage. Apes are smart. However I doubt he'll stay that size. 100ft is likely just Juvenile Kong kinda like I said in my speculation video where Kong is younger but grows leading up to the events of KKvG.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

It would be insane for Legendary to keep Kong at 100 feet. How can you build hype for a movie featuring a 108 meter Godzilla, and a 30 meter King Kong? I can imagine a trailer where Kong barely stands up to Godzilla's knees. It would be ridiculous.
ScrumpBump wrote:

Gib money.

BlacktimusPrime
Monarch Researcher

Post by BlacktimusPrime »

Showa Gyaos wrote:It would be insane for Legendary to keep Kong at 100 feet. How can you build hype for a movie featuring a 108 meter Godzilla, and a 30 meter King Kong? I can imagine a trailer where Kong barely stands up to Godzilla's knees. It would be ridiculous.
He could climb buildings and jump off of them onto godzilla. Sneak attacks, or dare I say... gorilla warfare. :)
Coobzilla03 wrote:
goji89 wrote:Godzilla in general sucks. Just awful. I mean a man in a suit knocking down papercraft buildings?

Turn me into a twix and give me a break.

Mutated animals that are huge that fight each other.
Here goji, have a Snickers. You're not you when you're hungry.