There should be more than one Godzilla

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
miguelnuva
Justiriser

There should be more than one Godzilla

Post by miguelnuva »

Based on the survival feats Godzilla showed in the 2014 film and that fact that age doesn't seem to be a problem for him shouldn't there be more than one of him alive still?
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

GodzillaFan1992
Gotengo Officer

Re: There should be more than one Godzilla

Post by GodzillaFan1992 »

Maybe they'll save that for the sequel, who knows.....

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla 1995 wrote:No, there shouldn't be.
As invincible as Godzilla is shown in the film there should be more then him unless his species was wiped out.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla 1995 wrote:Then they'd have gone after the Muto's, too...
Maybe they can explain Ghidorah with having killed Godzillas. Godzilla himself is presented as being near Godly levels so unless he was just born out of no where I don't see how he can be the only of his kind with his longevity and durability. Seems like something should have happened.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Post by Mr. Xeno »

I'm totally down with multiple Godzillas. The original Toho films used multiple Godzilla's to explain why every single sequel existed. And in some films, it's made very clear that it's a different Godzilla, ergo, there were multiples.

It can also help lead into any sort of Blank-Godzilla monsters (Mecha, Space, Ghost, etc.) or an awesome plan ol' Godzilla Vs. Godzilla! That would be a much needed shot of something different for this new series.

They should probably save the revelation/battle for the final film, though. End the new series with Godzilla Vs. Godzilla. And I agree that the set-up of this world makes it perfectly plausible for multiple Godzillas to exist.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

I don't care for that idea, personally. I much prefer the "last of the kind" aspect.

C-rex
Monsterland Worker

Post by C-rex »

I dont really like this.
But its the first time we can have the oportunity of finally realistic explain multiple G
humm I migth rethink my characters preference

GodzillaFan1992
Gotengo Officer

Thinking about it now, an idea that can be in the sequel is that Godzilla ends up attacking a city confusing people, and they decide because of how many deaths he had caused, that they're going to try and destroy them, but as they try, another Godzilla (The one from the previous film) appears and the two Godzilla's duke it out. This other Godzilla that attacked the city killing lots of people is alot more aggressive and dangerous, which explained why he attacked the city and is like the Godzilla we often know, the nuclear menace that causes destruction.

Great or bad idea?

Personality I think it'd be a great idea, it'd give the whole Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974) vibe to it, only instead of it being a robot in a suit, it's another species just more dangerous and unfriendly.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

I don't really like the idea of multiple Godzillas on screen at once. Kind of takes away the character.

Maybe use a smaller, juvenile one.

GodzillaFan1992
Gotengo Officer

If you guys read my post, I mentioned that another Godzilla could appear and be like the Godzilla we often know, the nuclear menace that causes destruction, whereas the Godzilla in the first movie is the much more friendly one. I'd like to see the whole Godzilla vs. Mechagodzilla (1974) concept thrown into it.

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Living Corpse wrote:"I can't believe Godzilla was the last of his kind. But if we continue to conduct nuclear tests a new Godzilla might show up somewhere in the world again, someday."
I always took that as a metaphor. Basically saying there could be more like him, more mutations that will put Man in danger.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

really don't agree with this. one Godzilla is enough.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

GR8GODZILLAGOD
Gotengo Officer

Post by GR8GODZILLAGOD »

Just one Godzilla please. Keep the big guy as special as possible.
Living Corpse wrote:Stop feeding the Mutos nukes!

Dinozaurus
Samurai

Post by Dinozaurus »

Maybe instead of a second Godzilla, there could be a creature that resembles Godzilla slightly, and in its initial encounter it gets mistaken for Godzilla because it takes place during a storm or something. Then when it re-appears it is clear that it is a different creature.

As for what kind of creature, maybe a similar giant reptile, or maybe something along the lines of that "fish-zilla" from the concept art.
It works 60% of the time, every time.

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Dinozaurus wrote:Maybe instead of a second Godzilla, there could be a creature that resembles Godzilla slightly, and in its initial encounter it gets mistaken for Godzilla because it takes place during a storm or something. Then when it re-appears it is clear that it is a different creature.

As for what kind of creature, maybe a similar giant reptile, or maybe something along the lines of that "fish-zilla" from the concept art.
Or perhaps a giant Chameleon created by a mad scientist who craves Godzilla's demise.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Living Corpse wrote:
GR8GODZILLAGOD wrote:Just one Godzilla please. Keep the big guy as special as possible.
three wrote:really don't agree with this. one Godzilla is enough.
*Cough Kiryu films Cough*

totally different animal. no pun intended.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

three
Keizer

Post by three »

i meant the movie itself was a totally different animal compared to the recent one, not Kiryu. besides, that thing was MechaGodzilla. it was something else in name only.

tenup
G-Force Personnel

Post by tenup »

I always thought of Godzilla as being a freak of nature and unique to any other species to ever exist. It should be that Godzilla's genetic code is so complex that science cannot even crack its code for any plausible explanation to existence.