SDCC 2014 Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Re: SDCC 2014 Thread

Post by KManX89 »

Living Corpse wrote:
Hellblaze wrote:If there's pics soon or a Youtube video leak post links plz! :D
No one brought cameras cause they probably didn't expect anything other than a "hey we're doing another Godzilla film sometime later".
Also, I heard they weren't allowed to bring cameras to the SDCC 2012 teaser, and kicked out anyone they saw with a camera.

Yet it somehow managed to get leaked, anyway, so who knows? Maybe it'll be up (albeit for all of 10 minutes tops) within the next few days or so on YouTube.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

KManX89 wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
Hellblaze wrote:If there's pics soon or a Youtube video leak post links plz! :D
No one brought cameras cause they probably didn't expect anything other than a "hey we're doing another Godzilla film sometime later".
Also, I heard they weren't allowed to bring cameras to the SDCC 2012 teaser, and kicked out anyone they saw with a camera.

Yet it somehow managed to get leaked, anyway, so who knows? Maybe it'll be up (albeit for all of 10 minutes tops) within the next few days or so on YouTube.
Wasn't that the official teaser and not some handy cam work? It was someone on the inside I think.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Wasn't that the official teaser and not some handy cam work? It was someone on the inside I think.
It probably was, now that I think about it, I don't see how anyone could've possibly managed to leak it without being able to capture it on webcam at the actual event.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

DaddlerTheDalek
Monarch Researcher

Post by DaddlerTheDalek »

Tails wrote:You're watching a Poster!

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

well all i heard was it was some graphic of old monarch styleized stuff, and just silhouettes. I think id be more excieted if they already had a proof of concept

HannibalBarca
Gotengo Officer

Post by HannibalBarca »

The hype train is on fire

In my opinion, of course.

bugmolly
Monsterland Worker

Post by bugmolly »

I hope we get some sort of picture leak

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Post by GFAN198423 »

This teaser may see official posting online. The 2012 vid was a proof of concept to present WB and they chose to show it but it was never official, and the airport scene was a rough edit with footage cut from the final scene and Wondercon had unfinished CGI.

This video was made to promote the movie to fans and isn't any footage to keep limited in exposure, it may be a little but I think we'll see it.

Superrex
G-Grasper

Post by Superrex »

So the Godzilla sequels will have Rodan, Mothra, and Ghidorah, there's a new King Kong film coming out, and we also have Pacific Rim 2 on the way?

THIS IS OUR CHRISTMAS!
Probably the unluckiest guy in the Shadow Arena
Shadow Arena History:
Wins:7
Defeats:8
Chris55 wrote:
wisper15 wrote:I sucks donkey dick.
"He's really bad at it too!"

-The donkey

phaz0ngoji
Interpol Agent

Post by phaz0ngoji »

And there I was, saying I probably wouldn't be able to get hyped about anything after how hyped I was for this first movie...

HOLY SHIT I'M SO HYPED RIGHT NOW. As Superexx said, THIS IS OUT CHRISTMAS. Not only because of the Godzilla announcement, but because of Pacific Rim 2, Skull Island, and hell I'll even throw in Jurassic World. Monster movies FTW!!!

InstinctiveGigan
G-Force Personnel

Post by InstinctiveGigan »

I take it you guys heard already. I lost my shit when they started playing stuff for Godzilla. Didn't expect jack, but it was literally the first video for Legendary. Dat footage! So awesome!
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:Biollante is a she. :P
My life...is a lie.
#GiganConfirmed. Spread it, embrace it, Legendary will make it. Do it now!

C-rex
Monsterland Worker

Post by C-rex »

there are rumors of a new kong fil, are those true.
Becuse Universal island of adventure is in remodel, the old Jurassic park gate is being destroyed / moved and the Jp park is expanding to a new are and in the rigth are building a Skull island themed park.
Hype hype hype
Godzilla GMK (I know its going to be more like G:THM) new kong movie, New JW news, Advengers age of ultron and much later in the upcoming years pacific rim series.
Lets hope non of us Die before anithing is in screen

Superrex
G-Grasper

Post by Superrex »

C-rex wrote:there are rumors of a new kong fil, are those true.
Becuse Universal island of adventure is in remodel, the old Jurassic park gate is being destroyed / moved and the Jp park is expanding to a new are and in the rigth are building a Skull island themed park.
Hype hype hype
Godzilla GMK (I know its going to be more like G:THM) new kong movie, New JW news, Advengers age of ultron and much later in the upcoming years pacific rim series.
Lets hope non of us Die before anithing is in screen
A new movie about Kong has been confirmed, although it was said it is going to be more about Skull Island.

Did you really have to put in the part about us dying before anything happened though?
Probably the unluckiest guy in the Shadow Arena
Shadow Arena History:
Wins:7
Defeats:8
Chris55 wrote:
wisper15 wrote:I sucks donkey dick.
"He's really bad at it too!"

-The donkey

InstinctiveGigan
G-Force Personnel

InstinctiveGigan wrote:I take it you guys heard already. I lost my shit when they started playing stuff for Godzilla. Didn't expect jack, but it was literally the first video for Legendary. Dat footage! So awesome!
Could you see any details on the monsters that looked different than the originals?
All you see of Rodan is his shadow flying over mountains. He more or less had the same profile as classic Rodan, except skinnier and faster in motion (Everyone in the audience cheered before his name even came up.)

As for Mothra, you see her actual body silhouette. She's what you'd expect a giant moth to realistically look like; though she still flaps her wings slow like classic Mothra (again better motion)

Ghidorah was the one that was hidden the most. All you see are his wings and heads. Only his silhouette like Mothra, his heads are more dragon like (think the shape of Smaug) and his wings looked the same. (again, fantastic motion)
My life...is a lie.

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

so what legendary apparently meant to say is those 3 monsters will be in the coming FILMS to Godzilla, not that all 3 of them are in part 2

GR8GODZILLAGOD
Gotengo Officer

Post by GR8GODZILLAGOD »

InstinctiveGigan wrote:
InstinctiveGigan wrote:I take it you guys heard already. I lost my shit when they started playing stuff for Godzilla. Didn't expect jack, but it was literally the first video for Legendary. Dat footage! So awesome!
Could you see any details on the monsters that looked different than the originals?
All you see of Rodan is his shadow flying over mountains. He more or less had the same profile as classic Rodan, except skinnier and faster in motion (Everyone in the audience cheered before his name even came up.)

As for Mothra, you see her actual body silhouette. She's what you'd expect a giant moth to realistically look like; though she still flaps her wings slow like classic Mothra (again better motion)

Ghidorah was the one that was hidden the most. All you see are his wings and heads. Only his silhouette like Mothra, his heads are more dragon like (think the shape of Smaug) and his wings looked the same. (again, fantastic motion)
Gah! I need to see this teaser!
Living Corpse wrote:Stop feeding the Mutos nukes!

Janjira54
Gotengo Officer

Post by Janjira54 »

InstinctiveGigan wrote:

These are really specific, but what did the font look like for the names? And was there Monarch watermarks and A JFK speech over it?

InstinctiveGigan
G-Force Personnel

JFK was indeed in the trailer, just like footage in the opening of the 2014 film the watermarks for Monarch came and went randomly with stock footage of lab people working stuff, the text was "stereotype hidden file" font and the filter over all the "documented footage" was very greenish.
My life...is a lie.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Holy shit, this is awesome. Four of the Toho Big Five to appear in the next film? Fucking sweet.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

I just noticed, Marvel didn't reveal their Phase 3 slate.
Yooo 8-)