Continuity errors with location of Godzilla?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Fighing On Fuji
GPN Volunteer

Continuity errors with location of Godzilla?

Post by Fighing On Fuji »

I have noticed that there seem to be some continuity issues regarding Godzilla's location in the final act. Most notably, in Chinatown, Godzilla seems to be close to the MUTO and Ford when he's turning around and roaring, but in the wide shot, he's further away. 

Also, when Godzilla passes out, he is close to the bay. When he wakes up, he is further away and has to walk a distance to get to the ocean. What happened? Did he perhaps get up and walk further inland between night and day? 

InstinctiveGigan
G-Force Personnel

Re: Continuity errors with location of Godzilla?

Post by InstinctiveGigan »

That happens with movies, though isn't there an entire discussion relating to movie flukes?
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:Biollante is a she. :P
My life...is a lie.
#GiganConfirmed. Spread it, embrace it, Legendary will make it. Do it now!

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Which brings up another question I had: is Las Vegas really within visible distance of our radioactive waste dump? I know that we do have a dump like the one in the film out west, and that it's debatable what that means for the westerners near it, but when the female MUTO exits the wall she's walking right toward Las Vegas, which is visible to everyone in her previous location. I thought it was further in the middle of nowhere for obvious reasons, not the least of which being the danger radioactive waste poses.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

Living Corpse wrote:The guy hiding under the plane at the airport (the one with water rushing past his feet) has his pants turn into shorts between cuts.
Oh, I'm going to have to watch for that one when the DVD comes out. :lol:
three wrote:Which brings up another question I had: is Las Vegas really within visible distance of our radioactive waste dump? I know that we do have a dump like the one in the film out west, and that it's debatable what that means for the westerners near it, but when the female MUTO exits the wall she's walking right toward Las Vegas, which is visible to everyone in her previous location. I thought it was further in the middle of nowhere for obvious reasons, not the least of which being the danger radioactive waste poses.
I don't know if one is visible from the other, but I do know that from Yucca Mountain, Las Vegas is in nearly 180° in the wrong direction in relation to San Fransico; so she really had not reason to go there. :lol:
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

HannibalBarca
Gotengo Officer

Post by HannibalBarca »

I don't think Yucca Mountain is that close to Vegas, nor is it actually used as a nuclear waste dump.
In my opinion, of course.

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

^I know funding for it was shut down, but I thought that it was started to be used before in was closed. Maybe not though.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

Jatahaxe
Interpol Agent

Post by Jatahaxe »

Why did the she-MUTO break out of the mountain to head to San Francisco when there seemed to be plenty of radiation to feed on there?
Monsters are the real people.

KJ Corp
JXSDF Technician

Post by KJ Corp »

Godzilla 1995 wrote:
Jatahaxe wrote:Why did the she-MUTO break out of the mountain to head to San Francisco when there seemed to be plenty of radiation to feed on there?
Mating call. She was headed to the Male Muto.
Damn lazy male, you have wings god dammit and your making the lady walk? Smh :P