Military Weapons for Sequels Fan Speculation

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Carcosa
Monsterland Worker

Re: Military Weapons for Sequels Fan Speculation

Post by Carcosa »

Bring on the super x.

G2000
Xilien Halfling

Post by G2000 »

I'd like some classic weapons, like MASERs, ANEB, cadmium-tipped shells, and Super X gunships, but not as sophisticated as they are in the Toho movies, and based off of modern day military technology in that area.

For example, MASER stands for Microwave Amplification by Stimulated Emission of Radiation. The US military already has microwave weapons, albeit non lethal (but the pain is evidently quite horrible, and according to some, the military is planning a lethal version).

So basically, a scaled up version of this, pulled on a trailer and/or mounted on a Stryker would work.

And for the Super X, they could use a gunship version of the proposed 4-rotor version of the Osprey: dubbed "Big Boy" it would be as big as a C-130 Hercules:

gerdzerl wrote:DONT STOP G2000 YOU SEXY BEAST

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Can they do the Strafe Runs on Godzilla like they did on the Cloverfield Monster?
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Noble Saber
Xilien Halfling

Post by Noble Saber »

The A-10 Thunderbolt and the AH-64 Apache are my two favorite military vehicles, so I would prefer to see one or the other in the next movie.

An AC-130 Gunship would be very cool to see.

Gamingboy
Yojimbo

Post by Gamingboy »

Agree on the C-130. Those things would just be awesome to have against a Kaiju.

GR8GODZILLAGOD
Gotengo Officer

Post by GR8GODZILLAGOD »

Living Corpse wrote:So here's an idea I got from MGS5.

If they ever use synthetic diamond again (be it for Mechagodzilla or any weapon) make it that the synthetic diamond was made from the ashes of victims of monster attacks (with the families permission of course).

It'd be symbolic, all the victims of monster attacks come back to haunt Godzilla and other monsters as part of the protective coating of a super anti-kaiju weapon.
Gonna have to disagree with you on this one LC. Even if it's symbolic it sounds waaaay too far out there and strange, even for the Toho films.
Last edited by GR8GODZILLAGOD on Mon Jun 16, 2014 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Living Corpse wrote:Stop feeding the Mutos nukes!

GR8GODZILLAGOD
Gotengo Officer

Post by GR8GODZILLAGOD »

Living Corpse wrote:Cyborg Space Chicken.
Well, out there and strange for something that the humans would do. I can buy building a giant robot Godzilla, but weapons made from the ashes of dead victims feels weirder to me.
Living Corpse wrote:Stop feeding the Mutos nukes!