Godzilla 2 Story/Plot Ideas & Speculation

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
JGAR
Futurian

Godzilla 2 Story/Plot Ideas & Speculation

Post by JGAR »

Now that the movie is out AND there's a sequel(s) greenlit, I wanted to take the opportunity to make this thread to discuss possible story ideas or to speculate on the plot based on the 2014 movie and what we so far know from it. You can also talk about what types of themes, characters, setting, and monsters that you want to see.

Discuss.

I personally want to see the sequel be based off a more serious Ghidorah, The Three-Headed Monster because the movie's tone was less dark and gritty than expected but also because it would be a perfect introduction to the classic Toho universe for mass audiences, with major characters like Rodan and obviously Mothra and King Ghidorah appearing. On another note, I want to see Aaron Taylor-Johnson and Elizabeth Olsen return but as supporting characters (unless they manage to put a reason why Ford and Elle need to importantly return), I think a good idea would be to have a new lead and main characters for the movie. Ken Watanabe and Sally Hawkins need to obviously return because it makes sense for the Military to get back Dr. Serizawa and Dr. Graham when new monsters show up.
Yooo 8-)

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Godzilla 2 Story/Plot Ideas & Speculation

Post by Underworld54 »

We kind of already have a Godzilla 2 Speculation thread.
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Re: Godzilla 2 Story/Plot Ideas & Speculation

Post by junkerde »

please mods lock or move this thread