New things that could happen

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Fighing On Fuji
GPN Volunteer

New things that could happen

Post by Fighing On Fuji »

I was wondering, with the use of new technology, there are literally no limits to what can happen. With that in mind, I have been wondering to myself, how can the next films do things to wow audiences in cool and creative ways?

One idea I had was to have Godzilla breaching up out of the Japan trench, launching skywards at a 75 degree angle and splaying his claws and jaws to attack his next rival. Man, would that look awesome. Imagine the wide shot of the jump. 

I also thought it would look cool to see him use his toes to latch onto a larger opponent like a lion. 

Or maybe show his roar breaking windows in the immediate vicinity of his head. 

What have you dreamed of seeing?

KJ Corp
JXSDF Technician

Re: New things that could happen

Post by KJ Corp »

Godzilla flying.

kaijumaikeru
Monarch Researcher

Post by kaijumaikeru »

-post removed-
Last edited by kaijumaikeru on Mon May 08, 2017 6:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

The Shie dance.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

SSJ3Locsta

Post by SSJ3Locsta »

I would like to see Kaka karot cake make a cameo.

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

The clapping making a comeback.

Janjira54
Gotengo Officer

Post by Janjira54 »

I'd like to see a underwater battle

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

SSJ3Locsta wrote:I would like to see Kaka karot cake make a cameo.
Are you insaiyan?

I'd like to see a tribute of sorts to Godzilla's entrance from Terror of Mechagodzilla. Big baddy having a party down town at night, and then suddenly a flash of blue light appears and atomic flame strikes him in the chest. The camera pans over to show Godzilla emerging from behind buildings / smoke / debris / etc roaring his challenge at the invading beast.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

redo the scene from G vs. Mothra where Godzilla rises from the ground. i feel like with today's tech, that would be a marvel to behold (if done right).
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Godzilla 1995 wrote:
three wrote:redo the scene from G vs. Mothra where Godzilla rises from the ground. i feel like with today's tech, that would be a marvel to behold (if done right).
Don't make me drool, darnit!

or how about a transition shot between the kids from Biollante holding up their pictures of Godzilla, only to show him emerging from the volcano using our tech today? that would be another really great way to put it to use.

i feel like this thread is gonna become a "i wanna see this redone" thread, only because so much has been done in the G universe already that it's hard to find something new that isn't cheesy. :P
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

phaz0ngoji
Interpol Agent

Post by phaz0ngoji »

Janjira54 wrote:I'd like to see a underwater battle
See also: Pacific Rim's third act.

SimeonAssassin
GPN Volunteer

Post by SimeonAssassin »

Godzilla jumping out of the water to snatch a foe/helicopter, not unlike how crocs do it:

Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

Definitely needs to be more explicit with the effects of giant monsters on the people caught in their way as well as the political and cultural ramifications of such an event. Talking about a character driven story, and with its impressive cast, I was expecting a much more ensemble approach instead of the Ford Brody Show. I was under the impression that we were getting something more along the lines of Contagion but with giant monsters (hey wasn't Cranston in that too).
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Living Corpse wrote:
Space Hunter M wrote:The clapping making a comeback.
I don't know if your serious or joking but either way I 100% support it.

Also I totally support Godzilla jumping out of the water.
I'm not necessarily behind him jumping, but you know how crocodies sometimes launch themselves up and grab their prey hanging off the side of a boat? Yea, Godzilla doing that and snagging a kaiju by the neck would be awesome.