"A friend to the humans." Kenpachiro Satsuma on G2014

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Janjira54
Gotengo Officer

Re: "A friend to the humans." Kenpachiro Satsuma on G2014

Post by Janjira54 »

GR8GODZILLAGOD wrote:
SaferEmerald wrote:
Ghost_Ultramantis wrote:...
Hard to assume the whole cancer thing when this film never explored the radiation fallout that Godzilla leaves behind.
you guys do know the whole "dog dying from cancer" was a joke.... right?

HannibalBarca
Gotengo Officer

Post by HannibalBarca »

Yeah, given how much was made of the "he's the punishment we deserve" quote, I think it's pretty safe to say that anything Gareth says that wasn't explicitly in the movie doesn't matter.
In my opinion, of course.

GR8GODZILLAGOD
Gotengo Officer

Post by GR8GODZILLAGOD »

Janjira54 wrote: you guys do know the whole "dog dying from cancer" was a joke.... right?
Didn't seem like one. *Shrugs*
Living Corpse wrote:Stop feeding the Mutos nukes!

GR8GODZILLAGOD
Gotengo Officer

Post by GR8GODZILLAGOD »

I don't give two shits about the damn dog. Anyways, I think lots of people forgot about the 98 abomination.
No one here forgot about it. What's your point?
Living Corpse wrote:Stop feeding the Mutos nukes!

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

Godzilla's saving of the people in San Francisco was merely us watching a classic National Geographic minus Morgan Freeman narrating Godzilla's pursuit of the prey.

If I am proven right and Godzilla begins to attack nucelar sites with it now being a monopoly over the global ecosystem, no one's gonna be looking at Ford's act of heroism as beneficial in the long run.

MandaSaurus
Sazer

Post by MandaSaurus »

To Hell with the DOG... & yes, I own dogs, so there!

I would hesitate to call this Godzilla our 'friend', but he is clearly NOT our enemy, killing the MUTOs, then returning to the sea.

Ghost_Ultramantis
GPN Volunteer

Post by Ghost_Ultramantis »

You did not see a dead, bloated dog. If magical tsunami-rejecting glass is acceptable, then so is the possibility of dog survival.
I hope Wanigumagoji's fighting style lives up to his design.

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

Ghost_Ultramantis wrote:You did not see a dead, bloated dog. If magical tsunami-rejecting glass is acceptable, then so is the possibility of dog survival.
Well, first water was starting to come in, it seems just as likely that the glass shatter a second after the camera cut. Second, apparently, there actually are several cases where glass store fronts that run parallel to the incoming wave have survived tsunamis, saving the people inside. Given those two things, it's not really any evidence either way as far as I'm concerned.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

Living Corpse wrote:If they let the dog lived you'd all be bitching about how they are insulting the audiences.

If they showed a dead dog then you'd all be bitching that it's distasteful. (same with the children and families).

They made the right choice in not showing.
Agreed, given what they had, there would have been some group pissed off anyway they when; showing nothing gave the least amount of it. That's why had I been a consultant, I'd of told them to cut the damn dog out entirely; but that's just me I suppose.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

Pacfanweb
Monsterland Worker

Post by Pacfanweb »

Shisa Caesar wrote:Found this interview with K Satsuma, Satoshi Furuya (1st Ultraman), and Daisuke Ban from Kikaider discussing G2014 after seeing it.

Furuya said, " Godzilla was evil back in the old days. But he turned out to be America’s hero in this movie, right? I never thought Godzilla could be this gentle."

Click here for the rest.
He "never thought Godzilla could be this gentle"???? I guess he missed the entire 70's era of Godzilla movies, then?

And I guess by "gentle", he means Godzilla swamping towns and killing thousands of people in a single-minded quest to kill the MUTO's?

As opposed to Godzilla showing up on barren terrains to fight monster after monster to save the Earth?

SaferEmerald
Samurai

Post by SaferEmerald »

Ghost_Ultramantis wrote:You did not see a dead, bloated dog.
Because the movie would be rated R if they went that route.

It's like Star Wars: Episode III. Some things just cannot be shown unless you go R, because if you go R, your box office returns are going to plummet.