the Rating

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

Rating

PG
2%
PG-13
86%
R
13%

Total votes: 190

Cipher
Samurai

Re: the Rating

Post by Cipher »

PG-13 is the best choice.

CharlesBarkley
Samurai

Post by CharlesBarkley »

its the only choice.

No way in hell it would it have an R rating, and you will never see an R rated Godzilla film if TOHO has anything to do with it. A PG rating is actually a box office kiss of death with action films these days, and it can be said its been that way for the last decade or so. The american moviegoer is far more likely to take a PG-13 action film seriously with their dollar than anything less.
Gahhzilla...yurr turrrible

Smoke Dope, watch Kaiju flicks, and listen to Spacemen 3

H-Man
G-Grasper

Post by H-Man »

Tyler wrote:It should be rated X.
Heh...some B-movie fans and I were once discussing the new Godzilla movie as directed by different directors (before Gareth Edwards was announced). Among our ideas were:

Uwe Boll - Godzilla: Final Wars, but with a naked Kristanna Loken up in.

(The Late) Jess Franco - Sort of like Destroy All Monsters, but the Kilaak women would only be waring the capes and skullcaps and nothing else.

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

jbsammich wrote:Godzilla eating orphan children and stepping on nuns.
Whoa, Sompote Sands' Godzilla film? I'd pay to see that. There would be this one scene where Takuya from Godzilla vs. Mothra shoots a little Thai boy in the head three times at point blank range cause he's stealing Thai artifacts and shit. And that one scene, where the Snowman from Half Human and John Carradine are spying on some skinnydippers.

Ethan
G-Grasper

Post by Ethan »

G and NC-17 haven't been added to the poll yet.
"If only all garden variety fans had just one neck!"

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

I don't think you'll see this in a G rated movie...

Ethan
G-Grasper

Post by Ethan »

I won't be R either. But still, the OP wasn't asking what the movie's rating would be, rather what us (people posting in the thread) think the movie should be rated. And in order to answer that every possible answer must be on the poll.
"If only all garden variety fans had just one neck!"

Space Hunter M
EDF Instructor

Post by Space Hunter M »

Destroy All Monsters and Godzilla vs. The Smog Monster were certified G, and they had shots of ravaged cities. Plus Hedorah had decaying bodies and skeletons, so there's that. And the hippies said "Fuck you!" to Hedorah in the international dub, but that wasn't released in the states until '96, so... The way the G rating got thrown out the window over time is stupid IMO.

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

Space Hunter M wrote:Destroy All Monsters and Godzilla vs. Hedorah were certified G, and they had shots of ravaged cities. Plus Hedorah had decaying bodies and skeletons, so there's that. And the hippies said "skreeonk you!" to Hedorah in the international dub, but that wasn't released in the states until '96, so...
Times have changed now, that was 4 decades ago. I don't think they really cared as much or was cautious to what the younger viewers thoughts and reaction as we are now. With all the violence kids/teens are causing today, this film isn't going to kiss G rating ever.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

Space Hunter M wrote:Destroy All Monsters and Godzilla vs. The Smog Monster were certified G, and they had shots of ravaged cities. Plus Hedorah had decaying bodies and skeletons, so there's that. And the hippies said "skreeonk you!"
''JAWS'' was also PG back when it was released an it had a horrific opening, a kid being eating alive on a raft (which is pretty much forbidden in movies today), an let's not forget Quint's death which i'm amazed that alone didn't make it ''R''.. The screams an his bones breaking as the shark bites down still give me chills to this day.

pikmintaro
G-Force Personnel

Post by pikmintaro »

XxComablack1937xX wrote:
Space Hunter M wrote:Destroy All Monsters and Godzilla vs. The Smog Monster were certified G, and they had shots of ravaged cities. Plus Hedorah had decaying bodies and skeletons, so there's that. And the hippies said "skreeonk you!"
''JAWS'' was also PG back when it was released an it had a horrific opening, a kid being eating alive on a raft (which is pretty much forbidden in movies today), an let's not forget Quint's death which i'm amazed that alone didn't make it ''R''.. The screams an his bones breaking as the shark bites down still give me chills to this day.
I think because of that movie, and Indiana Jones: Temple of Doom are the reasons they made the PG-13 rating.
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13"
Favorite Godzilla movies
Showa Mothra vs Godzilla| Heisei Godzilla vs Destroyer| Millenium Godzilla Final Wars

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Post by Mr. Xeno »

We could get into a whole 'nother argument about the rating system today. IMHO, I think it's WAY too strict and uptight, and I think that the vast, vast majority of films get a rating that's one grade higher than it should be. But, as said, that's a whole different argument together.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.