the Rating

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

Rating

PG
2%
PG-13
86%
R
13%

Total votes: 190

GodzillaFan1992
Gotengo Officer

Re: the Rating

Post by GodzillaFan1992 »

Really doubt it'll get an R rating. PG-13 at most is more like it.

DarkLord
Monarch Researcher

Post by DarkLord »

Considering there is going to be a mountain of merchandise released alongside the film - much of it toy related - I think it is pretty much certain that the rating will be PG-13. ;)

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

Tokage wrote:I think this sucker needs to be rated X, like that naughty King Kong vs Godzilla movie...

http://i41.tinypic.com/2s13s7l.jpg
http://i44.tinypic.com/mx25tv.jpg
Exactly, plus Cranston already confirmed it would be an X-rated film during Comic-Con. Get with the program people! ;)
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

Godzillasaurus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzillasaurus »

To those who think it is going to be rated PG:

WHY!?!?!?!

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

Godzillaman wrote:To those who think it is going to be rated PG:

WHY!?!?!?!
for the kids

Godzillasaurus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzillasaurus »

junkerde wrote:
Godzillaman wrote:To those who think it is going to be rated PG:

WHY!?!?!?!
for the kids
Yes, I know that. But this movie is obviously not targeted towards kids.

GodzillaFan1992
Gotengo Officer

Post by GodzillaFan1992 »

Guy's it's obvious it's going to be PG-13.

No Godzilla film has ever been rated R.

pikmintaro
G-Force Personnel

Post by pikmintaro »

GodzillaFan1992 wrote:Guy's it's obvious it's going to be PG-13.

No Godzilla film has ever been rated R.
That and I'm pretty sure Chris55 said the movie would have never even been greenlit if they were going to have it be R rated, but I don't want to go digging through his posts for it again.
"Greater love hath no man than this, that a man lay down his life for his friends. John 15:13"
Favorite Godzilla movies
Showa Mothra vs Godzilla| Heisei Godzilla vs Destroyer| Millenium Godzilla Final Wars

mechabrent
Monarch Researcher

Post by mechabrent »

I always vote the same things. Drop the kiddie crap unless you can make it in a way that it appeals to both kids and adults. Like animaniacs or pixar films.
The United Nations are represented by the little brightly-colored dolphin boat.

Tokage
Monarch Researcher

Post by Tokage »

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:
Godzillaman wrote:
Yes, I know that. But this movie is obviously not targeted towards kids.
Yes we get it already. Kids wont be the main selling point-but they will flock to see it regardless.
It's kind of like the Spider-Man, LOTR and X-men movies. There's plenty of PG-13 violence and content that's over kids' heads, but the imagery and the marketing is going to get them in the theater anyway.

ZackChamp22
Ronin

Post by ZackChamp22 »

PG-13 obviously... when was godzilla ever rated R?oh yeah never.. PG would be lame to me. PG-13 fits just right. Cloverfield was also PG-13. General monster movies now should be atleast PG-13. Kids play all sorts of violent video games.. Call of duty ring a bell? But anyway hello my fellow G-Fans. New to this forum. This movie looks very promising! I have a feeling it might be the best godzilla movie ever made.

XxachiganxX
Samurai

Post by XxachiganxX »

R would be sweet to be honest. Its most likely going to be PG13 though. I tell you what though If they really wanted to go the realistic rout It should be rated R because there would be quite a few F words going around if this was actually happening lol.

mechabrent
Monarch Researcher

Post by mechabrent »

XxachiganxX wrote:R would be sweet to be honest. Its most likely going to be PG13 though. I tell you what though If they really wanted to go the realistic rout It should be rated R because there would be quite a few F words going around if this was actually happening lol.
Yeah hahahaha. Plus with a R rating they could go with more grotesque monsters/mutations. Maybe have a chestburster style impregnation from the first MUTO. The host then explodes as hordes of mini MUTO's go running and they do the same until there is an entire horde of them.

XxachiganxX
Samurai

Post by XxachiganxX »

mechabrent wrote:
XxachiganxX wrote:R would be sweet to be honest. Its most likely going to be PG13 though. I tell you what though If they really wanted to go the realistic rout It should be rated R because there would be quite a few F words going around if this was actually happening lol.
Yeah hahahaha. Plus with a R rating they could go with more grotesque monsters/mutations. Maybe have a chestburster style impregnation from the first MUTO. The host then explodes as hordes of mini MUTO's go running and they do the same until there is an entire horde of them.
Absofreakinlutly there are so many sick things they could do if it was rated R lol.

mechabrent
Monarch Researcher

Post by mechabrent »

Show Godilla eating whals and stuff. I would LOVE that if they did it to its full potential.

XxachiganxX
Samurai

Post by XxachiganxX »

IMO just the bad language itself would make it more realistic.

mechabrent
Monarch Researcher

Post by mechabrent »

XxachiganxX wrote:IMO just the bad language itself would make it more realistic.
definitely

Godzillasaurus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzillasaurus »

Tyler wrote:
Godzillaman wrote:But this movie is obviously not targeted towards kids.
Godzilla is always going to attract children whether it's intended or not.
But it is not going to be TARGETED towards kids

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

mechabrent wrote:
It's not going to happen. Kids made up a large part of Godzilla's revenue in Japan.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Castellan Zilla
Keizer

Post by Castellan Zilla »

I don't think Jaws was targeted towards kids either, but a lot of my friends and myself saw it as kids. Whenever it happened onto TV. And remember, that was only PG. (thanks to PG-13 not existing at the time)

I'm sure Godzilla will be PG-13, even more so if toys and other merchandise is linked to the film. Then again, they've done that with R rated films too, so eh.
I will explain slowly why you are wrong.