Best scenes (SPOILERS obviously)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
ceeboogie
Samurai

Re: Best scenes (SPOILERS obviously)

Post by ceeboogie »

every godzilla scene obviously and the muto scenes too. I liked when Godzilla and kick ass looked at each other, it was like they shared each others pain. Not to go off subject, but is it me or was godzilla much taller than 350 feet?

Lawsford
Monarch Researcher

Post by Lawsford »

The scene where Godzilla "dies"
This millenium hair is simply fabulous

Oooo I could get used to this look

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

There were so many great scenes. Obviously the female MUTO kill is one that will probably stick in all of our memories; the triumphant, glorious violence of it is unforgettable.

But in terms of film making skill and wit, the HALO scene was probably the best scene in the whole movie. It's so original, incredibly paced, and every little detail makes it exciting.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Post by he-ba »

Too many too count! But the top 6:

Godzilla's appearance in Hawaii
The Male Muto's entrance
The Halo Jump
Godzilla first using his ThermoNuclear Atomic Heat Ray
Godzilla using his Ray to kill the Female Muto

All of them are equal in awesomeness!

And the scenes when Joe and Ford revisit their house and when Sandra dies.... A lot of people started to cry.... I MAY have shed a tear... or two.....

EDIT: Oh and the Credits were awesome! They really started the movie off great!
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

Karmataurus
Monarch Researcher

Post by Karmataurus »

A lot of them are spectacular, but three come to mind.

First, and my personal favorite, Godzilla's fatality on the female muto. Right when you think he's going to either break her jaw or split her in half, he pulls a mortal kombat. And just as great, when he spins around, holds the head up in the air and roars.

Secondly, the tail glow scene. While the spines didn't glow nearly enough imo, it was great to see them slowly light to the awesome expression Godzilla makes right before he breaths atomic breath.

Finally, after he roars at the airport, the expression on his face as he cocks his head in a menacing way.

The whole fight scene was great, and I also really liked the part where the muto woke up.

GojiraFanMan
Yojimbo

Post by GojiraFanMan »

Top 5 Favorite Scenes:

1) The Climactic Battle = What else is there to really say? I haven't been this satisfied with a climax since The Avengers. And yes, this includes the whole battle: Atomic Breath, Awesome Fatality, The Tail Whip, MUTO Nest being destroyed, the whole nine yards.

2) Godzilla's Reveal in Honolulu = Chills man. I got chills during this whole sequence.

3) Joe Loses His Wife = The best human moment in the movie that proved to be a very tense scene and a huge heart-breaker towards the end of it.

4) Godzilla Appears at the Golden Gate Bridge = This was just classic Godzilla all around. I loved this whole sequence.

5) The MUTO Hatches = That was an awesome scene with great build up, wonderful acting by my man Cranston, and the first true show off of the creature effects.

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

My top 5 favorites! :D 1st to last meaning best to last.

1. Godzilla fires his nuke breath into female Muto's mouth killing her and he holds her head in his hand by her jaw and he roars in victory.

2. The end when he wakes up and he's on the news and everyone sees him up and walking out of the city and he cheers. The news titles 'Monster Savior of the City?'

3. The opening. Waaaaaaaaay better than 98 one! *claps for Garth*

4. Godzilla shows up at the airport and people inside the airport see a giant foot. Camera switches to big G himself after the male Muto sees him. The camera scrolls up till you see his face and snarls seeing the male Muto. He roars at the male Muto!

5. The fight between Big G and the Mutos. Then when the male Muto is dead, Brody sees Godzilla collapsing his hand feet away from him, he collapses and his expression on his face means he is exhausted.

One thing I loved about this movie is how Garth gives Godzilla expressions on his face. He did a great job with that.

bugmolly
Monsterland Worker

Post by bugmolly »

hands down best scene for me was the first time Godzilla used his atomic breath

Beef Bigshot
Xilien Halfling

Post by Beef Bigshot »

Every time a Muto eats anything :muto:
Resized Image

GR8GODZILLAGOD
Gotengo Officer

Post by GR8GODZILLAGOD »

Beef Bigshot wrote:Every time a Muto eats anything :muto:
Someone made a smiley of that? Sweeeet.
Living Corpse wrote:Stop feeding the Mutos nukes!

schvanzbass
Interpol Agent

Post by schvanzbass »

I'm not sure if it's a best scene, but did anyone catch the Mothra reference in the movie? When Cranston and his son get back into their old house, there is a shot where there seems to be a broken fish tank or terrarium is in the foreground. A piece of tape can bee seen with writing on it. There is debris covering up part of the tape, but when the text from the debris is lined up with the tape on the glass, it spells out "Mothra."
I'm gonna start doing horror/sci-fi/kaiju/exploitation film reviews, check it out won't you?

http://www.facebook.com/michaeljayreviews

Gojira21
Futurian

Post by Gojira21 »

The "Kiss of Death" easily my favorite 8-)
"Monsters are tragic beings; they are born too tall, too strong, too heavy, they are not evil by choice. That is their tragedy"

-Ishiro Honda

http://pokemunity.proboards.com/index.cgi

"Promethus has landed"

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Beef Bigshot wrote:Every time a Muto eats anything :muto:
Huh. There's a muto smilie now. Someone should make a pack man style game with that emoticon.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Berzerkgodzilla
G-Grasper

Post by Berzerkgodzilla »

Godzilla killing the Female MUTO was easily my favorite scene. Godzilla and Ford making they eye contact is a close second though.

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

There are a ton of scenes I loved, but my favorite would have to be the scene between Watanabe's Serizawa and Strathairn's Stenz with Serizawa's pocket watch. It was so subtle yet so powerful a condemnation of nuclear force, that I think Honda himself could have written it. With just that simple scene, Serizawa was practically yelling, "70 years and you people have learned nothing!" Powerful.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

Palaeogirl
GPN Volunteer

Post by Palaeogirl »

IMO every scene was great but my favorites were the entire Hawaii sequence and the TV broadcast of the fight, I thought it was really cool to see a fight in the way that the rest of the world views it. We never get stuff like that in the other Godzilla films. And the whole final fight, especially the atomic breath's first use was just breathtaking. Seeing somebody in the film actually react to the atomic breath was really cool. It looked a lot like the original misty breath that I've always prefered to the beam-like breath he usually has. The little "Did you see that!? Holy shit!" response the soldiers had when they saw it was icing on cake.

I also loved every scence that Joe, Serizawa, the MUTOs, and Godzilla was in. I can't pick favorites out of them, they were all incredible.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

1. The first use of the rays. It got EVERYONE in the theater excited. They buzzed louder than G's spines!

2. Godzilla lurching through the dust in almost deathly silence to confront the female MUTO... and then unleashing a deafening, terrifying, overpowering roar.

3. Godzilla lumbered alongside the school bus as he is ineffectually peppered by military fire.

4. The Kiss of Death.

5. The female MUTO materializing from the smoke cloud in front of the male.

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Both atomic ray scenes were probably my favorites of the whole movie. I can only imagine the big stupid grin I must've had on my face when those happened. :)

And the Muto meetup. They're such a cute couple. <3
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

Janjira54
Gotengo Officer

Post by Janjira54 »

My favorite scenes were:
1. The Muto meetup
2. The female muto inspecting the train bridge
3. The kiss of death
4. The final battle
5. The opening sequence

InugamiGuru
Samurai

Post by InugamiGuru »

Oh man what scene to pick? It's so hard to choose but I'd say my favorite scene is when Godzilla is first revealed in Hawaii. Then the atomic breath charge up & then the China Town Roar.
A kings' return is never silent.