Stats On Godzilla/MUTOS?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Re: Stats On Godzilla/MUTOS?

Post by Desghidorah »

I think the line was "twenty to thirty meters above the treeline."

Judging from the height of the soldiers vs. the trees, I'd say the foliage is about 45-60 feet high. So this puts the male Muto at roughly 45-60 meters tall. When matched up to Godzilla he seemed to be about hip height, so this seems about the right size. As for the female, negating when she was fully raised up (as Mutos walk with a hunch), she seemed just a but under Godzilla's neckline, so the 'roughly 300 feet' or about 90 meters seems accurate.

If I can kinda back these numbers up, it was when the male and female are standing in front of eachother when the Male brought her the nuke as a present. She seems roughly 1/3 to a bit over 1/2 taller than him.

Mass wise I have no clue, other than the male must weigh a significant amount less judging on how Godzilla tossed him around. The female did seem lighter than Godzilla, as he won the pushing contest (abet with some effort); but I wouldn't think it was to a significant degree as her charging and slamming into him did knock him back quite a bit.
Last edited by Desghidorah on Tue May 20, 2014 4:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

blaze
Samurai

Post by blaze »

ultrazilla wrote:If those Pacific Rim kaijus weighed only 3000 - 6000tons top, I can't imagine Goji 2014 could weigh any more than 10000kg. Hell he's gonna be much heavier than Slattern even when the latter is much taller.
Quoting a post from the first page. Pacific Rim weights were ridiculously light, take Gipsy Danger for example 79m tall, if we scale up a 1.8m, 80kg man to that size, he'll weight almost 7,000 metric tonnes, but Gipsy is a machine, if it was 100% aluminum it'll weight almost 20,000 tonnes, if it was 100% steel it'll weight over 50,000 tonnes rather than measly official 1,900 tonnes which imply Gipsy Danger is as dense as cork.

90,000 tonnes for this Godzilla at least sounds consistent with Toho's weights for other Godzilla incarnations.

@Desghidorah
I too remember the line being similar "20-30 meters above the treetops"

Godzillasaurus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzillasaurus »

Also note that Toho creatures and Pacific Rim creatures were made by completely different people, and as such have completely different weights (Godzilla seems to be MUCH larger than Slattern even based on what we know about Gipsy Danger's height, but yet some may say otherwise just because he apparently weighs over 6,000 tons). It is confusing, I know.

KotM311
Monarch Researcher

Post by KotM311 »

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

Formerly known as kurtzilla

he-ba
Interpol Agent
Location: Sitting home and chatting with my best friend....... Titanosaurus!!

Post by he-ba »

This is hilarious!

I hate math, so all of my estimates and calculations would be way off!
TK's resident Titanosaurus super-fan

Maybe Minilla was some mutation inside a Kamacarus' ootheca and that's why they attacked..... Maybe Minilla ISN'T the Son of Godzilla! He's some weird Kamacari that Godzilla felt bad for!

..... Nope, the other guys would never accept that..........

I don't know even know what a he-ba is......

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BIG GUY!!!!!!!!

Jatahaxe
Interpol Agent

Post by Jatahaxe »

Has it already been discussed what category the three kaiju in this movie would be, asked by the countless Pacific Rim comparisons?
Monsters are the real people.

KotM311
Monarch Researcher

Post by KotM311 »

^^
Imo
Male Muto height 40-50m Cat. 2
Female Muto height 95m Cat. 4

Godzilla Category: King of the Monsters ;)

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Where did they get these numbers?
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

The only places I could think of would be the 48-page press release Chris mentioned before or the official novelization (which may most likely contain different info for the actual film).
Formerly known as kurtzilla

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Chris55 wrote:
I would like to know where TK got the heights and lenghs.
Art of Destruction book/movie
Movie said the Female was almost 300 feet and then said she was much bigger. Male was shown to be half Godzilla's height several times.

The only way I can see the male being 91 meters is when the Female was 440 ft and Godzilla was 600 ft.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Yeah, there's no way the male is ninety-one meters. Or that the female is 104 for that matter. She was a full head shorter than Godzilla and the male was only half her height.
Last edited by HayesAJones on Thu Jun 05, 2014 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Male should be 64 and the Female 91 meters.

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Pacfanweb
Monsterland Worker

Post by Pacfanweb »

blaze wrote:
ultrazilla wrote:If those Pacific Rim kaijus weighed only 3000 - 6000tons top, I can't imagine Goji 2014 could weigh any more than 10000kg. Hell he's gonna be much heavier than Slattern even when the latter is much taller.
Quoting a post from the first page. Pacific Rim weights were ridiculously light, take Gipsy Danger for example 79m tall, if we scale up a 1.8m, 80kg man to that size, he'll weight almost 7,000 metric tonnes, but Gipsy is a machine, if it was 100% aluminum it'll weight almost 20,000 tonnes, if it was 100% steel it'll weight over 50,000 tonnes rather than measly official 1,900 tonnes which imply Gipsy Danger is as dense as cork.

90,000 tonnes for this Godzilla at least sounds consistent with Toho's weights for other Godzilla incarnations.

@Desghidorah
I too remember the line being similar "20-30 meters above the treetops"
Gypsy Danger was 260' tall, according to the PR wiki site, 1980 tons.

An Arleigh Burke class Destroyer is about 509' long and about 9200 tons. That's almost double the length that Gypsy's height is, but a good bit heavier, so if you scaled Gypsy to a Navy ship, Gypsy is only about 2600 tons light. Not that far off, and if in the future they used some new alloys or titanium, it's feasible.

90,000 tons for something that is Godzilla 2014's size is still kind of high, IMO. An Iowa-class Battleship at full load weighs about 60,000 tons, and they are 887' long, and HEAVILY armored.

Now how long Godzilla is from head to tail is a good question. The recent Facebook specs indicate his tail is 550' long...but is that JUST the tail, or is it head-to-tip of tail? If it's JUST the tail, then that makes his overall length 900' long from head to tail tip. And THAT could easily be 90,000 tons, if scaled up to Navy ship size, and by his torso, that may well be the case. It'd mean he's made of some heavy-ass armored skin and bone, though.

charliesheenkaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by charliesheenkaiju »

simple math would put Godzilla's length at around 800 feet nose to tail
Kong better not touch my drumset!

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

I'd estimate around 80k tons for Femuto and 40k for Hokmuto.

blaze
Samurai

Post by blaze »

Comparison of Godzilla and the MUTOs using the heights from the Art and Destruction book. I agree with those that have said that the male is definitely not 91m tall in the movie.

@Pacfanweb
I had not thought of making that kind of comparisons, now that I think of it, my estimates implied Gipsy was completely solid but vehicles and the like are not like that all, however, you should think of that too, estimating the size of a living creature based on relatively hollow ships is bound to underestimate the kaiju haha.