Director's Cut

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
HannibalBarca
Gotengo Officer

Re: Director's Cut

Post by HannibalBarca »

Why is Chris' opinion on monster screen time more valid than anyone else's? :?
In my opinion, of course.

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

Obviously it's a big deal, it's probably the #1 reason it fell like a rock at the box-office. People want the spectacle and they didn't get enough of it. Oh but "a lot of Godzilla films are the same way." That's such a tired excuse, Gareth said he was bringing Godzilla to a new audience. Well that audience what's to get their money worth.

That's easy HannibalBarca, they all seem to be up his bum. He's like a god to them.
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

You know when he's actually working and communicating with studios yeah we are going to take his word over some whiney fanboys on a message board
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

Janjira54
Gotengo Officer

Post by Janjira54 »

Underworld54 wrote:Obviously it's a big deal, it's probably the #1 reason it fell like a rock at the box-office. People want the spectacle and they didn't get enough of it. Oh but "a lot of Godzilla films are the same way." That's such a tired excuse, Gareth said he was bringing Godzilla to a new audience. Well that audience what's to get their money worth.

That's easy HannibalBarca, they all seem to be up his bum. He's like a god to them.
Or, OR, its because he has an actual connection to Legendary and Warner.

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

gatorzilla wrote:You know when he's actually working and communicating with studios yeah we are going to take his word over some whiney fanboys on a message board
Your god may say there was no issue with the lack of Godzilla but the weekend and weekly drops everywhere after the open weekend tells all we need to know. What in the blue hell does Chris having a relationship with WB have anything to do with people not being impressed with the lack of Godzilla?
Last edited by Underworld54 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Janjira54
Gotengo Officer

Post by Janjira54 »

Underworld54 wrote:
gatorzilla wrote:You know when he's actually working and communicating with studios yeah we are going to take his word over some whiney fanboys on a message board
Your god may say there was no issue with the lack of Godzilla but the weekend and weekly drops everywhere after the open weekend tells all we need to know.
Are you really taking the "Chris is our god" thing seriously? Your fucking hilarious

phaz0ngoji
Interpol Agent

Post by phaz0ngoji »

Underworld54 wrote:It's like you're blowing of the lack of Godzilla complaint. It was a big deal to a lot of people.
I'm only sort-of blowing it off. It wasn't a big deal to me but to others I can totally understand why it was. That's why I'm saying this Blu-Ray would sell like crazy if it advertised more Godzilla scenes in an extended cut.

I just hope it's not like Prometheus where the big marketing tagline was "QUESTIONS WILL BE ANSWERED!" and we only got a few deleted scenes that made the plot even messier and more confusing lol.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Underworld54 wrote: Your god may say there was no issue with the lack of Godzilla but the weekend and weekly drops everywhere after the open weekend tells all we need to know. What in the blue hell does Chris having a relationship with WB have anything to do with people not being impressed with the lack of Godzilla?
You're the one bringing it up not me. I was just simply answering a question

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

Janjira54 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
Your god may say there was no issue with the lack of Godzilla but the weekend and weekly drops everywhere after the open weekend tells all we need to know.
Are you really taking the "Chris is our god" thing seriously? Your skreeonking hilarious
Ya'll are like groupies. Chris doesn't know everything, I'm sure he'd be more than willing to admit that.

@gatorzilla Your answer mentioning Chris pretty much had nothing to do with my point about the lack of Godzilla.
Last edited by Underworld54 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Underworld54 wrote: Ya'll are like groupies. Chris doesn't know everything, I'm sure he'd be more than willing to admit that.
No he doesn't but you sure as hell act like you do

Janjira54
Gotengo Officer

Post by Janjira54 »

Dude, fucking stop acting like your higher than us. Chris obviously doesn't know everything.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

he sure as sunday knows about the extended cut, which everyone in the thread seems to really want to deny until they physically own one. that's what i'm addressing. forget transferring the context of what anyone else has said to my responses, people. i'm not talking about monster screen time. i dropped that and move on. context clues. learn some.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

I don't act like I know everything, but I sure as heck know what kept this film from breaking out bigtime. I've researched the box-office enough to know. All of you dismiss everything negative someone says about the film.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Underworld54 wrote:I don't act like I know everything, but I sure as heck know what kept this film from breaking out bigtime. I've researched the box-office enough to know. All of you dismiss everything negative someone says about the film.
nope. because i've been on record saying that teh characters were flat, under utilized, etc., that certain things weren't done well, that the marketing was misleading...but then you get these really superficial, "they appear to just not want to like the movie" complaints like "Godzilla wasn't on screen enough".

when asked what enough would be?

"even 20 seconds" stop. stop right there. 20 seconds more time? or the now infamous "an eye opening somewhere" bit. THAT'S what could fix this "problem"? yea, that would be what i consider totally invalid. BS. not worth crying over.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Janjira54
Gotengo Officer

Post by Janjira54 »

Underworld54 wrote:I don't act like I know everything, but I sure as heck know what kept this film from breaking out bigtime. I've researched the box-office enough to know. All of you dismiss everything negative someone says about the film.
Yes, because I think the film is flawless in every aspect :roll:. No, the film has flaws. Wooden acting, lack of explanation, Lack of fighting, all that stuff. And why are you changing the subject? The film has made over 500 million and hasn't even released in Japan yet. I think that's pretty successful.

And if anything, you seem to dismiss all positive comments about the film. Only focusing on the negative
Last edited by Janjira54 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

In all of your research did you know studios look at the numbers VERY differently than websites like box office mojo do?

Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Underworld54 »

gatorzilla wrote:
In all of your research did you know studios look at the numbers VERY differently than websites like box office mojo do?
Why would they? Huge weekend drops and a very low multiplier should mean the same thing to everyone. What else could that mean to the studio?

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

Underworld54 wrote: Why would they? Huge weekend drops and a very low multiplier should mean the same thing to everyone. What else could that mean to the studio?
Well clearly the studios are very happy with the results and are doing Godzilla 2 and 3....so that's gotta mean something right? :)

warman222
G-Force Personnel

Post by warman222 »

I do think there could of been more action. My child in me would love more action in this movie. But then mature adult in me realizes that more movies need restraint and Micheal Bay constant action is fucking up perception of what makes a good movie box office wise. It's unfair to judge a film on box office reports here because constant action movies like Bayformers will get a huge box office opening but suck on it's merits. With your logic there should be more T-rex scenes in Jurassic Park, more shark scenes in Jaws and a lot less restraint in film. It's a shallow way of thinking that has me concerned for the next generation. I'd rather have a movie that has more substance and not do as well than a Bay rip off and you know that's what people would of called a more actiony Godzilla
Last edited by warman222 on Thu Jul 17, 2014 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
gottatalktothefake wrote:Why is it so hard just to be decent to each other and respect the tastes and opinions of others respectfully?

GR8GODZILLAGOD
Gotengo Officer

Post by GR8GODZILLAGOD »

three wrote: "even 20 seconds" stop. stop right there. 20 seconds more time? or the now infamous "an eye opening somewhere" bit. THAT'S what could fix this "problem"? yea, that would be what i consider totally invalid. BS. not worth crying over.
Eh, I only really remember seeing one person here post something like that. Don't remember who.
Living Corpse wrote:Stop feeding the Mutos nukes!