Godzilla (2014) Toho Kingdom User Review Thread (SPOILERS)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Tyrant_Lizard_King
Sazer

Re: Godzilla (2014) Toho Kingdom User Review Thread (SPOILERS)

Post by Tyrant_Lizard_King »

In fairness to G14 though Godzilla is a bulky hulking brute so he's not exactly built to fight like Kong does. I hope they can make the fights in KotM more lively and energetic without making it look weird.
Rocker, paleo buff, cryptid enthusiast, Dragonball fanatic, and lover of comic book, video game, manga, & anime babes!
Follow me on Twitter, if you dare! https://twitter.com/TLK_1983

morgoth
G-Force Personnel

Post by morgoth »

Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I thought the fights in KSI were far more compelling and memorable. Helps the fights were in broad daylight. I can understand what G14 was going for but I'm sick and tired of monster sequences being relegated to shadows and darkness all the time. It's almost a cliche.
Yup. That annoyed me about pacific Rim too; Either underwater or in the water, in the dark and in the rain.
"The wait was not a long one."

"The Devil has three heads."

Dawsbfiremind
EDF Instructor

Post by Dawsbfiremind »

morgoth wrote:
Tyrant_Lizard_King wrote:I thought the fights in KSI were far more compelling and memorable. Helps the fights were in broad daylight. I can understand what G14 was going for but I'm sick and tired of monster sequences being relegated to shadows and darkness all the time. It's almost a cliche.
Yup. That annoyed me about pacific Rim too; Either underwater or in the water, in the dark and in the rain.
Good thing they said they want "more daylight" in Uprising. Hopefully KotM follows suit.
goji89 wrote:
Dawsbfiremind wrote:People have asked me how I can want to be a writer
With skills like this......I wonder too.
MechaGoji Bro7503 wrote:Holy mother of Bagan we actually are stuck in limbo.
TK drinking game official rules.
https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... 0#p1564587

morgoth
G-Force Personnel

Post by morgoth »

Dawsbfiremind wrote:
morgoth wrote:
Good thing they said they want "more daylight" in Uprising. Hopefully KotM follows suit.
Yes! really looking forward to Uprising
"The wait was not a long one."

"The Devil has three heads."