The Skeleton Speculation Thread(Spoilers)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Alexzilla408
Samurai

Re: The Skeleton Speculation Thread(Spoilers)

Post by Alexzilla408 »

I think it is a Godzilla skeleton. I think it is smaller because this particular Godzilla was not subjected to the nuclear tests that the living Godzilla in this film was, thus not absorbing as much radiation, resulting in the smaller size. Think of this as the Godzillasaurus to Godzilla.
Bagan sucks and he will never be in a Godzilla movie. Shutup.

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

^
A) It's both skinny and long, not just smaller than Godzilla.
B) The shot from 1954 in the trailer shows that Godzilla is pretty damn big even then.

I'm going with MUTO skeleton too.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

KJ Corp
JXSDF Technician

Post by KJ Corp »

Well, if our speculation that the MUTO are arthropods is correct then that kind of rules them out as this is a ribcage....

Mecha-SpaceGhidorah
JXSDF Technician

Post by Mecha-SpaceGhidorah »

True, but you have to consider the fact that that really is still a big "if" at this moment. We really don't have much of an idea just what those things are.
Don't try to be a great man. Just be a man, and let history make its own judgments.
~ Zefram Cochrane (c. 2073)

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

I'm going with Godzilla skeleton. Just because Snowdens script had it as Godzillas skeleton and we now know that Snowdens script was legit.
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

ultrazilla
G-Force Personnel

Post by ultrazilla »

This could be the tail section of the Goji skeleton thus the long relatively narrow shape. Or even a junior?

KJ Corp
JXSDF Technician

Post by KJ Corp »

ultrazilla wrote:This could be the tail section of the Goji skeleton thus the long relatively narrow shape. Or even a junior?
It's probably a junior as this a rib-cage (as I've explained too many times on this page). C'mon guys, this is a practical set, don't expect it to be full Godzilla size.

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

Godzilla21 wrote:I'm going with Godzilla skeleton. Just because Snowdens script had it as Godzillas skeleton and we now know that Snowdens script was legit.
And Gojira is the prequel! Hooray!!! :lol:

/sarcasm.

Watch this create a spiraling of rumors of Godzilla being a sequel to Gojira.

xenotactics
Monarch Researcher

Post by xenotactics »

KJ Corp wrote:
ultrazilla wrote:This could be the tail section of the Goji skeleton thus the long relatively narrow shape. Or even a junior?
It's probably a junior as this a rib-cage (as I've explained too many times on this page). C'mon guys, this is a practical set, don't expect it to be full Godzilla size.
What do you mean "a Junior"? I seriously doubt there is "a Junior" in the film or anything that might be viewed as parallel to one/him. If anything, it's probably parallel to "a Godzillasaurus" or to a much smaller (probably still radioactive) mutation that didn't get the Bikini/Castle Bravo booster shot that Godzilla himself did. Wasn't there talk of "Jiras" (the s, plural - not the thing from Ultraman) in the Snowden script?

Godzillasaurus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzillasaurus »

KJ Corp wrote:Well, if our speculation that the MUTO are arthropods is correct then that kind of rules them out as this is a ribcage....
I think the Mutos are something completely different. The wings in the winged Muto are not at all like those of any sort of insect

demoylition
Interpol Agent

Post by demoylition »

If I remember correctly from the leaks, its supposed to be a the body of a dead godzilla that they found that had fought MUTOs.

Also finding animals dead while locked in combat is rare, but isn't impossible. Happened with that velociraptor and protoceratops in Mongolia.
Shadow Arena: 2 win 1 loss

Godzillasaurus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzillasaurus »

Eh, I have doubts about that one. The skeleton looks much more like a snake with its slender shape and smallish ribs than Godzilla

KJ Corp
JXSDF Technician

Post by KJ Corp »

demoylition wrote:If I remember correctly from the leaks, its supposed to be a the body of a dead godzilla that they found that had fought MUTOs.

Also finding animals dead while locked in combat is rare, but isn't impossible. Happened with that velociraptor and protoceratops in Mongolia.
That was because a huge sandstorm washed over them, I don't see this happening to even a small Godzilla sized creature, especially in such preserved state.