Godzilla - SMASH 3 Official Game of the Movie

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Godzilla - SMASH 3 Official Game of the Movie

Post by GFAN198423 »

SnickersGoji
Monsterland Worker

Re: Godzilla - SMASH 3 Official Game of the Movie

Post by SnickersGoji »

Gonna have to get an Android or an iPhone soon. Not gonna lie it looks fun. Seems Godzilla will be the sole monster.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

I have nothing to play this on- and I don't see why a PC version would be out of the question.

HannibalBarca
Gotengo Officer

Post by HannibalBarca »

So it's a dolled-up candy crush clone? That's disappointing.

Interesting how all the street signs seem to be in Japanese...
In my opinion, of course.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

HannibalBarca wrote:So it's a dolled-up candy crush clone? That's disappointing.

There's Tokyo at night, Sea at Night, and San Fransisco in the day. Possibly other scenarios.

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

HannibalBarca wrote:So it's a dolled-up candy crush clone? That's disappointing.

Very disappointing.... I'll still try it out though...
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

KJ Corp
JXSDF Technician

Post by KJ Corp »

starsteam wrote:
There's Tokyo at night, Sea at Night, and San Fransisco in the day. Possibly other scenarios.
Hawaii at night?

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Post by Mr. Xeno »

Considering how Candy Crush was a dolled-up Bejeweled clone to begin with...

The graphics in those pics actually look pretty good, and I'll download it and play it since it's free and I'm a big G fan, but it looks pretty lame, IMO.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

D-Squared
Interpol Agent

Post by D-Squared »

Chris55 wrote:
Mr. Xeno wrote:
The graphics in those pics actually look pretty good, and I'll download it and play it since it's free and I'm a big G fan, but it looks pretty lame, IMO.

Wait. Which is it?
What? People suddenly can't like the game's graphics but consider the overall game-play "lame"?

Anyway, this type of game-play isn't what I'd like to see in the "OFFICIAL" Godzilla video game (not to be "that guy" who bashes a video game they've never played). Can't front them though, mobile gaming is where dat cash makes stacks.

Here's hoping that something... like certain previous Godzilla video games... is developed when the movie is released later on.
Last edited by D-Squared on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:32 am, edited 3 times in total.

D-Squared
Interpol Agent

Post by D-Squared »

SnickersGoji wrote:Seems Godzilla will be the sole monster.
Eh, they could be pulling a Godzilla: Final Wars and hiding the Toho Trademark Stamps for the Mutos (that is if Toho has trademarked the Mutos, anyway). I mean, the OFFICIAL GAME OF THE MOVIE where Godzilla just punches buildings seems... empty.

xenotactics
Monarch Researcher

Post by xenotactics »

The Graphics are pretty impressive, the game is free, and it's been built from the ground up. I don't know how anyone could describe this game's announcement as "disappointing." I've slightly mixed feelings about the way that the the Pipeworks Godzilla carries himself. He's got the same goofy mannerisms (of which I am not a fan) as he does in the DAMM, Save the Earth, and Unleashed games. On the other hand, I've always enjoyed the Pipeworks fighting games, and the familiarity is kind of nice, as this really is quite reminiscent of the recent Atari releases from Pipeworks...

From http://www.prweb.com/releases/rogueplay ... 673777.htm

"SAN FRANCISCO (PRWEB) March 17, 2014
Rogue Play, an indie publisher of quality mobile mid-core games, today announced its all-new title Godzilla - Smash3 will be available for free on May 16 for iPhone, iPad, iPod touch and Android devices. Godzilla’s mobile gaming debut, launching alongside the worldwide theatrical release of the highly anticipated film “Godzilla” from Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures, mixes devastating action with tactical puzzle mechanics for a unique, dual-layered experience.
To see Godzilla – Smash3 in action, check out the official trailer here: http://youtu.be/r6DJSWeIRM8
Press members can make demo appointments for the expo floor at the Game Developers Conference (GDC), running March 19-21, by emailing nadams@rogueplay.com.
“As the film stomps into theaters, Godzilla - Smash3 captures a monster-sized experience on the small screen in a great new way,” said Thomas Gewecke, Chief Digital Officer and Executive Vice President, Strategy and Business Development, Warner Bros. Entertainment. “We’re lucky to work with a group like Rogue Play who understands what makes ‘Godzilla’ special and can channel that into a great-looking and fun game for our fans.”
“The launch of the mobile game is an opportunity for fans to interact with the ‘King of the Monsters’ in a new way. We are so excited to see how fans will react now that we’ve put the ability to control Godzilla, including his epic roar, in their hands,” said Emily Castel, Legendary’s Chief Marketing Officer.
Developed from the ground up by Godzilla gaming veterans at Pipeworks Software, Godzilla – Smash3 combines accessible puzzle mechanics with gorgeous 3D visuals and RPG-style progression that stand out in the genre.
Godzilla – Smash3 complements the iconic character’s epic cinematic rebirth, putting the powerful force of the ‘King of the Monsters’ into gamers’ hands like never before. Players take full control of each stomp, slash and bite by matching – or “smashing” - tiles on the lower portion of the screen. Their actions drive a fully 3D Godzilla, who will demolish battalions and sink ships. With enough skill, players can unleash Godzilla’s signature Nuclear Breath and combine tiles for devastating combos.
As players pursue Godzilla’s foes from the upcoming film, they’ll travel the world and face dozens of challenges across land, sea and air. To keep pace with new objectives in each stage, players can upgrade Godzilla to match their play-style and call upon friends in times of need.
Godzilla – Smash3 offers a dynamic experience to be enjoyed concurrently with the film’s theatrical release and beyond. Look out for more updates, including monster-sized reveals and new content, about Godzilla – Smash3 in the coming months.
About Rogue Play, Inc.:
Rogue Play, Inc. is an upstart mobile games publisher based in Redwood Shores, Calif. Keeping players in mind from day one, our mantra is to create big-time games with an indie sprit. We work with both original and licensed IP, building a rich portfolio of midcore freemium games for major smartphone and tablet platforms across the world. Above all, our team is relentlessly dedicated to building quality games that our fans can play and share for years to come.
About Godzilla:
Toho Co., Ltd.’s Godzilla franchise contains one of the most widely recognized movie monsters worldwide, including more than 25 films, multiple television programs, video games and book series. Gareth Edwards directs Godzilla from a screenplay by Max Borenstein, story by David Callaham and Max Borenstein, based on the character “Godzilla” owned and created by TOHO CO., LTD. Thomas Tull and Jon Jashni are producing with Mary Parent and Brian Rogers. Patricia Whitcher and Alex Garcia are serving as executive producers, alongside Yoshimitsu Banno and Kenji Okuhira. Warner Bros. Pictures and Legendary Pictures present a Legendary Pictures production, a Gareth Edwards film, Godzilla. Slated to open beginning May 16, 2014, the film is expected to be presented in 3D, 2D and IMAX® in select theatres and will be distributed worldwide by Warner Bros. Pictures, a Warner Bros. Entertainment Company, except in Japan, where it will be distributed by Toho Co., Ltd. Legendary Pictures is a division of Legendary Entertainment.
About Legendary Entertainment:
Legendary Entertainment is a leading media company with film (Legendary Pictures), television and digital (Legendary Television and Digital Media) and comics (Legendary Comics) divisions dedicated to owning, producing and delivering content to mainstream audiences with a targeted focus on the powerful fandom demographic. Through complete or joint ownership, Legendary has built a library of marquee media properties and has established itself as a trusted brand which consistently delivers high-quality, commercial entertainment including some of the world's most popular intellectual property. In aggregate, Legendary Pictures-associated productions have realized grosses of more than $8 billion worldwide at the box office. To learn more visit: http://www.legendary.com
About Pipeworks Software:
Pipeworks Software, the developer of four seminal “Godzilla” games to date, is a world-class Games-as-a-Service studio creating the next generation of live games for console, PC, tablet and mobile players. We make brilliant live games that are cloud-connected, data-rich, and are continuously updated with our COSOMO backend technology for transplatform interconnectivity. For over 15 years, we’ve created best-selling games in the heart of Oregon with great people, proven technology and a culture of innovation."

Mr. X
Keizer

Post by Mr. X »

Graphics are pretty damn impressive.

The gameplay, however, looks shitty. Can't say I'm interested.
G2000 wrote:
2004Zilla wrote:May God have mercy on this site.
He's given up
2009MECHAGODZILLA wrote:
G2000 wrote:What about leeks? Can we post leeks?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/ ... 3/Leek.jpg
http://orig02.deviantart.net/f900/f/201 ... 9nqjrv.png

Eunectes
Gotengo Officer

Post by Eunectes »

Godzilla looks absolutely amazing.

D-Squared
Interpol Agent

Post by D-Squared »

The graphics are beautiful, no doubt, the "RPG-style progression" sounds interesting, and it would be cool to see the Mutos and Godzilla's Atomic Breath (as the article confirms), but I reserve judgement until the game is released. I just don't exactly trust the words of the "Chief Digital Officer and Executive Vice President, Strategy and Business Development" and "Legendary’s Chief Marketing Officer" when it comes to giving an unbiased preview.

But it's "free" (nothing is ever "free"), so I guess I'll also have to wait and see if this is gonna end up as one of those obnoxious Play2Win type games, ESPECIALLY since it has "RPG-style progression", sounds like a money trap. But we'll see.
Last edited by D-Squared on Mon Mar 17, 2014 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hellblaze
JXSDF Technician

Post by Hellblaze »

Mmm first one my new icon perfect face! >w< I hope these games are on XBox 360 or others. :( *is hoping* :)

UltramanGoji

Post by UltramanGoji »

Seems like a harmless little time-consumer. I may get it just in case I get bored.

Maybe I'll play it while I wait in line for the movie? :lol:

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Post by Mr. Xeno »

Living Corpse wrote:On the bright side if the movie is a hit we might get a G game later on that is the equivalent of MK9 or Arkham Series.
Sweet Jesus, don't fill my head with thoughts as awesome as a Godzilla game done Arkham style... :dizzy:
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

I have to ask...

What happened to Godzilla Smash and Godzilla Smash 2?

Godzillasaurus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzillasaurus »

UltramanGoji wrote:Seems like a harmless little time-consumer. I may get it just in case I get bored.

Maybe I'll play it while I wait in line for the movie? :lol:
You have to wait in a long line to see a movie? Kidding me, the movie theater close to my house is practically devoid of people, and yet it is still fully-functional. So I can watch Godzilla 2014 and have the entire theater to myself!

Dillyziller
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Dillyziller »

I'm hoping you get to use atomic breath in the game.
^This post in sexually offensive.