Godzilla's height

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505

Godzilla's height

Less than 50 meters
No votes
50 meters to 60 meters
7%
60 meters to 70 meters
3%
70 to 90 meters
8%
100 meters plus
82%

Total votes: 153

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Re: Godzilla's height

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Because teaser.

Omegaz
Yojimbo

Post by Omegaz »

I feel 120-140 is the best range for him in the film. We know he's going to be the biggest yet, and 120 is a good low-end for that number. I also agree with those who say they don't want him 150, because then he'd simply tower over everything.

GojiFan
Gotengo Officer

Post by GojiFan »

Omegaz wrote:I feel 120-140 is the best range for him in the film. We know he's going to be the biggest yet, and 120 is a good low-end for that number. I also agree with those who say they don't want him 150, because then he'd simply tower over everything.
I think you guys are underestimating the height of the average, large city building now a days. For comparison, Chicago has 73 buildings that are over 550 feet tall (168 meters). San Francisco has 21 buildings over 150 meters tall, LA has 25, etc. Modern sky scrapers are pretty damn big. That isn't to say I necessarily disagree, but it all depends on what kinds of shots they are doing, where they are happening, etc.
Legionmaster wrote:You can't counter-seduce, women can shut down their libido at will. It's scary fast too. You'll have to do the man version: punch her in the face.

Omegaz
Yojimbo

Post by Omegaz »

GojiFan wrote:I think you guys are underestimating the height of the average, large city building now a days. For comparison, Chicago has 73 buildings that are over 550 feet tall (168 meters). San Francisco has 21 buildings over 150 meters tall, LA has 25, etc. Modern sky scrapers are pretty damn big. That isn't to say I necessarily disagree, but it all depends on what kinds of shots they are doing, where they are happening, etc.
I personally meant more along the lines of opposition. Tanks and planes would be gnats, and humans would be specks. It would also necessitate the monsters he faces being just as overpowering.

That, and picturing the PR crossover with Godzilla being twice as tall as the jaegers, while a funny image, would be a tad ridiculous.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

^ There is no crossover, and most likely won't BE a crossover. Plus, if there was a probable "crossover" why couldn't Godzilla's size be reduced? It's been done countless times throughout the series with suits, and it can just as or if not easier be done with computer animation.

#BotM

ray243
Monarch Researcher

Post by ray243 »

Omegaz wrote:
GojiFan wrote:I think you guys are underestimating the height of the average, large city building now a days. For comparison, Chicago has 73 buildings that are over 550 feet tall (168 meters). San Francisco has 21 buildings over 150 meters tall, LA has 25, etc. Modern sky scrapers are pretty damn big. That isn't to say I necessarily disagree, but it all depends on what kinds of shots they are doing, where they are happening, etc.
I personally meant more along the lines of opposition. Tanks and planes would be gnats, and humans would be specks. It would also necessitate the monsters he faces being just as overpowering.

That, and picturing the PR crossover with Godzilla being twice as tall as the jaegers, while a funny image, would be a tad ridiculous.
Does it really make much difference? Godzilla hardly interact with any tanks and planes physically in all the godzilla movies. Most of the time he just blast them from range.

GR8GODZILLAGOD
Gotengo Officer

Post by GR8GODZILLAGOD »

The Biollante fan-boy aside, 120 meters is my bet.
Living Corpse wrote:Stop feeding the Mutos nukes!

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

After snooping around Scifi Japan's Spoiler thread, I stole this image of his estimated height and "what if" his 100 to 150m tall compared to his more closer height (237m) in the trailer standing next the 555 building.
*The skyscraper was alot closer than I that, lol.

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

yeah, makes no sense but i guess he is 237 m then, because he was at that heght in th traikler

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Jesus christ this isn't godzilla its giantzilla. Thats well over too big.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

ernesth100 wrote:Jesus christ this isn't godzilla its giantzilla.
I pretty much believe Garth wanted him to be taller than Marvel Godzilla by now, and he's 184ish m tall.

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

This is Marvel Godzilla....pft hahahahaha. This is awful!

GR8GODZILLAGOD
Gotengo Officer

Post by GR8GODZILLAGOD »

^No, that's not Marvel Godzilla.
Living Corpse wrote:Stop feeding the Mutos nukes!

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

i guess if hes being very specific about being the biggest iteration of godzilla, im guessing hes talking about outside of the movie universe, which at this point we know hes a fan, he must be talking about the marvel "iteration" of godzilla

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

...what?

BCzilla
Samurai

Post by BCzilla »

Unit~NoA wrote:After snooping around Scifi Japan's Spoiler thread, I stole this image of his estimated height and "what if" his 100 to 150m tall compared to his more closer height (237m) in the trailer standing next the 555 building.
*The skyscraper was alot closer than I that, lol.
https://oiqmpg.dm2302.livefilestore.com ... jpg?psid=1
Actually, forum member Blaze made that image. It was posted on page 8 of this thread ;) LOL feels like we are going in circles here!

GMANIFESS
Samurai

Post by GMANIFESS »

So then how big are those Muto's going to be!?! :shock:

If even one of them is half his height then that's big as any Heisei era villian?

BCzilla
Samurai

Post by BCzilla »

I feel like the poll should be modified. It seems the bulk of us believe him to be over 100m but there is no vote to say how much over. I think the poll should be changed to less than 100 meters, 100-120m, 120-150m, 150-200m, and 200+. Given the footage we have seen in the trailer, and noting Gareth's "biggest Godzilla ever..." (open to interpretation on weather this applies to only the movieverse or other media) there is NO way he is shorter than 100 meters. 82% believe or want him bigger than 100m, and I would like to see what the breakdown of 'how much bigger' actually looks like for those who have voted or have participated in the thread.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla's height was actually said but I want post it since it's a spoiler. He's big though.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

You really should though just put the spoiler alert thing.