3D vs 2D

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Tokage
Monarch Researcher

Re: 3D vs 2D

Post by Tokage »

I have every intention of getting a free pass to an advance screening, so whatever format that screening is in will be the first time I see it. Usually at the Regal Cinema in my city, advance screenings for 3D IMAX Digital movies use that format for the screening. It's possible that Regal might have a screening in one of its RPX theaters (basically a clone of digital IMAX owned by Regal), but since the studio decides the format of the advance screenings, I'm pretty sure it will be 3D IMAX.

Also, in regard to IMAX, I haven't heard anything about any "true IMAX" footage being shot for Godzilla with IMAX cameras. So I assume that any "true IMAX" theaters (as opposed to the converted "digital IMAX" theaters found in most regular cinemas) will not be showing any true IMAX footage like the Chris Nolan Batman movies did.

KJ Corp
JXSDF Technician

Post by KJ Corp »

Am I the only person that gets distracted when cameras switch from normal to IMAX? (hunger games, dark knight)

taylamayde
Ronin

Post by taylamayde »

ill see it at the mega screen midnight showing hopefully in 3d supposedly biggest screen in the midwest its bigger than imax for sure thier other theater has imax and it reminds me of a drive in theater

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

Definitely IMAX 3D on the premiere night. Not gonna pass up on what may be (but hopefully not) the last chance I ever get to watch The King in 3D at an appropriately massive scale.
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

xenotactics
Monarch Researcher

Post by xenotactics »

I would prefer to see it in IMAX 2d, but I'll go for whatever first showing may be available. If there's a 3d midnight premiere or something to that effect, I certainly won't skip it.

Cipher
Samurai

Post by Cipher »

I am going to see it in IMax, hands down.

Benn_Sonic_exe
Monsterland Worker

Post by Benn_Sonic_exe »

I'm seeing it in 2D, and IMAX, whatever that is. :huge: I hate things jumping out at me, so I usually am screaming and closing my eyes whenever I see a 3D movie.
AKA Jamie.

BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Post by BARAGONBREH »

Benn_Sonic_exe wrote:I'm seeing it in 2D, and IMAX, whatever that is. :huge: I hate things jumping out at me, so I usually am screaming and closing my eyes whenever I see a 3D movie.
Seriously dude? You're a bronie?
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

Sir Butterbeans
G-Force Personnel

Post by Sir Butterbeans »

BARAGONBREH wrote:
Benn_Sonic_exe wrote:I'm seeing it in 2D, and IMAX, whatever that is. :huge: I hate things jumping out at me, so I usually am screaming and closing my eyes whenever I see a 3D movie.
Seriously dude? You're a bronie?
And this contributes to the discussion how?

On Topic: I'm seeing it in 2d and then 3d
My Favorite Album...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rVV_3Z1mp_c&app=desktop

Josh Homme wrote:Fear is the hand that pulls your strings
a useless toy, pitiful plaything
TK's Resident Gorillaz and QOTSA Fan!