Thoughts on Godzilla being Nuke Proof?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
miguelnuva
Justiriser

Re: Thoughts on Godzilla being Nuke Proof?

Post by miguelnuva »

EmperorGhidorah wrote:
three wrote:
Unit~NoA wrote:i always thought this should be implied, but never directly shown. something happens to Godzilla when we start to push him down the path of invincibility, not that they did here, but the extinction asteroid, and the nuke. not digging it. there's got to be something that can kill him. his whole species is virtually extinct. making this one in particular god like takes it to a whole other level.
I believe he could achieve godlike status since this Godzilla has a surplus of nuclear energy around the globe (nukes/reactors). He just doesn't seem interested, so it seems... Aside from that, Godzilla should be impervious to any human attacks. Only other kajius should bring harm, (ala gods vs gods). That's pretty decent enough for me.
alright, i'd relent on the nuke if there wasn't some direct hit from an extinction causing meteor. as it stands, the combination of both just irks me. things should not be that difficult to kill. just the nuke, fine. both? then i would shy away from both of them, because it's overwhelming.
I agree 100% with this statement. The meteor tanking is definitely an outlier. It also doesn't make any sense that the godzilla at ground zero survived while all the others died out.[/quote]

You don't know what killed the other Godzilla's.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Unit~NoA
G-Force Personnel

Post by Unit~NoA »

Maybe they haven't died out at all. Maybe there all hidden/trapped underground. Has anyone ever stated this Godzilla is the last of his kind yet?

GR8GODZILLAGOD
Gotengo Officer

Post by GR8GODZILLAGOD »

Unit~NoA wrote:Maybe they haven't died out at all. Maybe there all hidden/trapped underground. Has anyone ever stated this Godzilla is the last of his kind yet?
I don't recall that being said. I doubt any more will show up in the series.
Living Corpse wrote:Stop feeding the Mutos nukes!

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

Post by EmperorGhidorah »

Unit~NoA wrote:Maybe they haven't died out at all. Maybe there all hidden/trapped underground. Has anyone ever stated this Godzilla is the last of his kind yet?
There is no way just one Godzilla awoke when the mutos hatched. Multiple Godzilla's would have gotten up to hunt the mutos.
miguelnuva wrote:
You don't know what killed the other Godzilla's.
Neither do you. But the meteor extinction is the only reasonable explanation for the cause of their extinction. That or the Snow-Ball Earth event.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla
Super Saurian

Post by SuperSaiyan4Godzilla »

EmperorGhidorah wrote:
Neither do you. But the meteor extinction is the only reasonable explanation for the cause of their extinction. That or the Snow-Ball Earth event.
So, Godzilla is a pre-Mesozoic species as established by the time-frame given within the film. 250 Million years ago places him in the Permian-Triassic Extinction event. I think it's safe to say that his species roamed the Earth a little bit before that, no? Well, the species did migrate down to the abyssal zone when the Earth become less radioactive. His species was probably near the abyssal zone by the KT Event.

Odds are, by confining the species to the abyssal zone, the species population had to diminish so that over-consumption wouldn't occur.
"But, I that am not shap'd for sportive trick nor made to court an amorous looking glass. I that am rudely stamp'd and want love's majesty to strut before and wanton, ambling nymph."

Click here to join the Official TK Forums Facebook Group!

MothraFreak's boyfriend.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Yep. Starvation and predation (mutual) between MUTO and Godzilla's species led to their joint extinction, or very nearly the end of the species of both.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Kaiju Claws
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by Kaiju Claws »

three wrote:The LP film attempts to answer that question and I think it says that no, the worst case isn't the only option when others fail. You gotta get creative and take some losses instead. That's progress, I suppose.
Indeed. It does not rectify the seeming double standard of the 1st film, but it does give us the danger of nuclear weapons when the deployment of one threatens the entirety of the city and thousands of innocent lives. Proper consequences, when it seems that we would have probably been better off leaving well enough alone and allowed nature to run it's course. It's not a perfect answer for the nuclear issue, but it is indeed progress.

If the original intention of the first Godzilla film was indeed nuclear disarmament, then I think the message of the newest film hints in that direction well enough. Which, more on topic, I think is better supported by a nuclear weapon proof Godzilla.
Dungeon Master of the D20 Section

"As long as the arrogance of mankind exists, Godzilla will survive."
- Tomoyuki Tanaka

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

three wrote:Yep. Starvation and predation (mutual) between MUTO and Godzilla's species led to their joint extinction, or very nearly the end of the species of both.
Indeed. But this was all brought about by the meteor. So my original hypothesis stands.
"In the Name of God, impure souls of the living dead shall be banished to eternal damnation. Amen."

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla
Super Saurian

Post by SuperSaiyan4Godzilla »

EmperorGhidorah wrote:
three wrote:Yep. Starvation and predation (mutual) between MUTO and Godzilla's species led to their joint extinction, or very nearly the end of the species of both.
Indeed. But this was all brought about by the meteor. So my original hypothesis stands.
No, most likely not. There's a good chance that Godzilla's species was already at the bottom of the sea by the KT event.
"But, I that am not shap'd for sportive trick nor made to court an amorous looking glass. I that am rudely stamp'd and want love's majesty to strut before and wanton, ambling nymph."

Click here to join the Official TK Forums Facebook Group!

MothraFreak's boyfriend.

EmperorGhidorah
Gotengo Officer

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:
EmperorGhidorah wrote:
No, most likely not. There's a good chance that Godzilla's species was already at the bottom of the sea by the KT event.
Than what caused the Earth's radiation to go down so much?

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Well the Earth had already begun to change naturally, which is why we're here today living on it. So the process began when Godzilla had dominion over the land long ago, forcing his species elsewhere, over the course of millions of years, giving rise to dinosaurs. They died, he lived.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

Vatarian
E.S.P.Spy

Post by Vatarian »

It's totally possible that other Gojirans are lying dormant in other abyssal or Hadal areas along the ocean-floor. The first was only awoken when a nuclear sub entered waters in close promixity to it.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Vatarian wrote:It's totally possible that other Gojirans are lying dormant in other abyssal or Hadal areas along the ocean-floor. The first was only awoken when a nuclear sub entered waters in close promixity to it.
probably not very many, though, if any.

Tyrannoraptor
Monsterland Worker

Post by Tyrannoraptor »

I'm sure Godzilla will die horribly if someone directly blows up his heart with the Tsar Bomba & Godzilla's cells will be converted into a mixture of plasma & fallout!