The Official Godzilla (2014) Review Collection Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Underworld54
Terminated
Terminated

Re: The Official Godzilla (2014) Review Collection Thread

Post by Underworld54 »

Godzilla21 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:The film had a ton of issues, it's easy to pick stuff out.
Stop being a pessimist Underworld54!! What's the matter with you!
I'm a realist, it's what we do.
Sadly, I must make you aware that anything I say is my opinion.

Contrary to popular belief, I did like Godzilla 2014

GR8GODZILLAGOD
Gotengo Officer

Post by GR8GODZILLAGOD »

Godzilla21 wrote:
Oh God. It's been months since it last happened, but we've finally gone back full circle to where this satire is relevant again. Image
Living Corpse wrote:Stop feeding the Mutos nukes!

Godzilla21
Keizer

Post by Godzilla21 »

GR8GODZILLAGOD wrote:
Godzilla21 wrote:
Oh God. It's been months since it last happened, but we've finally gone back full circle to where this satire is relevant again. http://forums.superherohype.com/images/smilies/doh.gif
You know it GR8GODZILLAGOD :twisted:
SpaceG92 wrote:
<=25% joke. >=75% topic. Even then - that's pushing it.

HannibalBarca
Gotengo Officer

Post by HannibalBarca »

Putting in my union-mandated appearance as the "noted pessimist" as part of this ongoing circlejerk.
In my opinion, of course.

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Post by Mr. Xeno »

HannibalBarca wrote:Putting in my union-mandated appearance as the "noted pessimist" as part of this ongoing circlejerk.
Yarg, that's why I think the thread should be closed. All the reviews are in, everyone's said their piece, and we're all standing firm in our opinions.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Well, before this thread does get locked, I just thought I'd point something out, and this is something worth mentioning...

You know how, before, G14 was the movie getting overrun by trolls on IMDb, bashing the hell out of it? Well, now the same thing is happening with Guardians of the Galaxy on there, a movie that is universally praised and has a 90% Tomatometer score. Hell, one guy even said he rated it a 1 after admitting to having not even watched it, don't believe me? It's also been festered with hordes of other trolls vigorously hitting the "1 star" button on its rating page without, again, probably having even seen it (I guarantee you at least some of them haven't), hence it dropped from an 8.5 to an 8.4, and I wouldn't be surprised if it drops even lower within the next few days. Hell, it might be on the verge of dropping to an 8.3 at this point.

FFS, GotG is NOT a 1 star movie, 1 star movies are absolute garbage like Human Centipede 1 & 2, Battlefield Earth, Movie 43, Batman & Robin, Twilight movies, any Seltzer/Friedberg "film", etc, movies that have no redeeming qualities to them whatsoever (which Seltzberg "films" don't qualify as actual movies at all), even some of the worst movies out there at least have a few redeeming qualities in them that warrant a 3 or 4 rating to any objective moviegoer. This just shows IMDb is not in the least bit credible, if it wasn't obvious before, it damn sure is now. I even pointed out a guy who rated Street Fighter a 10, and he said "it was just an anti-hater vote", I shit you not. So yeah, this flat out proves our point we were trying to make earlier about their lack of credibility as far as ratings on that site, it has now been proven.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"

ScouseGojira
GPN Volunteer

Post by ScouseGojira »

Just don't understand trolls like that what are they getting from it? Judging by the uniformity of the criticisms I've seen of G'14 on IMDB and Facebook a lot of them must have not seen the movie and just want to bash giant monster films and people who like them. I mean if you went to see a movie called 'Godzilla' from a neutral audience perspective did it not hit the mark? It had none of the dumb stuff in Pacific Rim(which I enjoyed, but it was essentially just, big monsters! big robots! YEAHHH! Lets F%*k s*%t up!) and had Godzilla and two monsters causing untold damage to a major western city.

KManX89
Gotengo Officer

Post by KManX89 »

Exactly. Even if you take issue with everything else in the film, the fact that it had amazing production values alone disqualifies it from being a 1 star movie, a 1 star movie is a movie that fails in both story telling and production values from start til finish, like literally nothing redeemable about it at all.

And judging by their poorly-structured, babbled posts, I really don't think a lot of them have seen the movie at all.
My Game Ideas Page | My Blu-Ray Collection

~"Now I Am Become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds"