Godzilla 2014: The Roars

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Re: Godzilla 2014: The Roars

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

I'll wait to pass judgement until i get a solid shot of him roaring.. In the end of the teaser it sounded ''Fantastic'' but in the Official Trailer with it so extended i didn't much care for it.

Still i think it's a more organic Godzilla roar then what were used to, but it works with the type of film.

I'm more keen to the deeper roars like the 1954, 84, 89, 91 then the higher pitched roars personally.

Desghidorah
G-Grasper

Post by Desghidorah »

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:
Desghidorah wrote:My only complaint about the new roar is it seems like they took one of the old roars and chopped the end off, replacing it with the metallic 'rumming' (ruuuuuum rum rum) at the end. Maybe it's because we've only heard 1 roar so far, maybe that's how all roars are now. I do like how it's similar yet unique to the old roars and does genuinely sound like a real animal, it's just the fog-horn like roars we've been getting since cloverfield aren't a fav for me. Good, but not a new fav just yet
Except they pretty clearly said that they made the roars from the ground up.

I wouldn't use the audio from the trailer as a sufficient example.

I wasn't meaning literally they took an old roar and cut it, I was meaning it SOUNDED like they did.
And while the trailer is about the same as the audio file we got released, I was referring to the latter when I listened to the roar to compare.

DaddlerTheDalek
Monarch Researcher

Post by DaddlerTheDalek »

I really loved to hear Godzilla's Roar in a Big Theater. It was really Loud & Powerful.
And the Roars & the Sounds of the Mutos reminded me of Legion in a good way.
Tails wrote:You're watching a Poster!

KJ Corp
JXSDF Technician

Post by KJ Corp »

To be honest, my favorite roar in the movie is the roar he does after the 'kiss of death.' It sounds different from the rest, but just feels more powerful to me, even though it's more JP Rex then Godzilla... It is up there with my favorite movie roars now. :)