Godzilla 2014 Spoiler Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Re: Godzilla 2014 Spoiler Thread

Post by Godzilla165 »

Well the Mutos consume radiation for a living, so that's probably why there wasn't any visible damage; But she still was put to her knees by the pure, and extremely painful heat of the radiation. I guess that's why Godzilla needed to fill her with atomic breath on the inside, as her hide was extremely durable.

#BotM

demoylition
Interpol Agent

Post by demoylition »

New Godzilla's Ray = Zilla Jr Ray

Fiery Ray that relies on heat and lacks explosive force
Shadow Arena: 2 win 1 loss

demoylition
Interpol Agent

Post by demoylition »

Living Corpse wrote:
demoylition wrote:New Godzilla's Ray = Zilla Jr Ray

Fiery Ray that relies on heat and lacks explosive force
Are we forgetting early Showa who could only melt tanks, boulders and towers instead of blowing them up? :P
True, but I see its ray to be more visually similar to Jr's (other than color) rather than Showa's
Shadow Arena: 2 win 1 loss

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

What were some of the major changes from the leaked script? I remember hearing something about a big fight with the military.
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

1tisoygoji
Gotengo Officer

Post by 1tisoygoji »

Gothicserpent wrote:What were some of the major changes from the leaked script? I remember hearing something about a big fight with the military.
One of them I think was the fight at the airport. Or rather, part of the airport...

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

That airport scene pissed me off to no end.

Carcosa
Monsterland Worker

Post by Carcosa »

Pkmatrix wrote:Really, Godzilla had just about no reaction at all to the military's attack. My impression was he shrugged it off (assuming he noticed it at all) and then walked through the bridge.
I think he noticed but those tomahawk missles and depleted uranium rounds are like tiny tiny smurf throwing a grain of sand at him then hornet stings. I think it should take hell a lot more ordinance for Godzilla to put human on his shit list and Edward,s godzilla does not have the personality of one who stomp out an ant nest for the lulz when theres a job to be done. I heard that the original draft include a scene where the military throw everything they gof at godzilla but it was scrapped cos the military consultant object to it. That woulda been epic to see.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Godzilla's breath seemed like it was a cross between Smaug's and the early Showa breath. I liked it as far as a more realistic breath goes.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

charliesheenkaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by charliesheenkaiju »

IT was a mix between the 1954 vape and what reminds me of GMK beam. As a normal breath its great but i would like to see what a more powerful blast would look like
Kong better not touch my drumset!

ernesth100
E.S.P.Spy

Post by ernesth100 »

Godzilla should have his Red-Spiral at somepoint.
Follow The #MoreMonsterVerse Twitter Movement!

Link: https://twitter.com/ExpandtheMV?s=09

We Can Make A Difference! Fans Have A Voice!

Gothicserpent
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gothicserpent »

It;s funny how a common misconception about Godzilla is that he has flame breath, where in this film his breath really WAS flame-like!
"HAY ANGUIRUS"
"WHADDA WANT?"
"SUMPTIN FUNNEH GOIN ON, YOU BETTAH CHECK!"
"OKAY"
GTU wrote:There are so many concept versions of Bagan they could give him his own toyline. That's why I'm banking on a Monsterarts sub-line called SH Baganarts.

Terrier
JXSDF Technician

Post by Terrier »

I watched it a second time today but forgot to pay atention to something: Is Godzilla ever actually refered to as "Godzilla"? All I can remember is Serizawa calling him "Gojira" two times while in other scennes the humans refer to him in third person.

Janjira54
Gotengo Officer

Post by Janjira54 »

Terrier wrote:I watched it a second time today but forgot to pay atention to something: Is Godzilla ever actually refered to as "Godzilla"? All I can remember is Serizawa calling him "Gojira" two times while in other scennes the humans refer to him in third person.
he is a few times

HannibalBarca
Gotengo Officer

Post by HannibalBarca »

Serizawa calls him "Gojira" twice to Ford. Then some military button-pusher calls him "Godzilla" later in the movie for some reason. No explanation given, really. After that happens, Serizawa appears to develop schizophrenia and uses "Godzilla" and "Gojira" at least one time each during the rest of the movie. I feel like we're missing a scene connecting the dots there.
In my opinion, of course.

HannibalBarca
Gotengo Officer

Post by HannibalBarca »

Still would have been nice to see that explicitly stated. I almost feel like there HAD to have been a scene explaining that, but it got left on the cutting room floor somewhere along the way. Just one of the nagging minor details that keep this movie from being perfect.
In my opinion, of course.

Dorkzilla
GPN Volunteer

Post by Dorkzilla »

Wait, wasn't there a scene where Serizawa botches the pronunciation a bit in front of the admiral?

I remember hearing it and making a weird face.

InugamiGuru
Samurai

Post by InugamiGuru »

Dorkzilla wrote:Wait, wasn't there a scene where Serizawa botches the pronunciation a bit in front of the admiral?

I remember hearing it and making a weird face.
Exactly. It sounded like he said Godzilla the second time.
A kings' return is never silent.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I thought Serizawa said Gojira but it sounds like Godzilla really quickly as well and most of my family thought he was saying Godzilla.

Liked the Napalm breath.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Maverick Centigrade
Keizer

Post by Maverick Centigrade »

So, how destrutive do you think Godzilla's breath would have been against buildings and such?

We know it's hot, since it burned the female Mutos bead clear off, and no military weapon could harm her skin, so...yeah. Would it have meltes buildings like a not knife through buffer? Smash them with force?
"I vote for outer space, no way these are local boys"
"Hello, Japan? Connect me to Godzilla please"

charliesheenkaiju
Interpol Agent

Post by charliesheenkaiju »

Maverick Centigrade wrote:So, how destrutive do you think Godzilla's breath would have been against buildings and such?

We know it's hot, since it burned the female Mutos bead clear off, and no military weapon could harm her skin, so...yeah. Would it have meltes buildings like a not knife through buffer? Smash them with force?
I think the fatality breath was more powerful than the first couple. It was enough to knock the big G out til morning. It may not be a spash of explosions like the classic breath unless its fully charged up, but if Godzilla does use his breath on buildings in the future i could definately see it cutting through it with ease. i would imagine it would leave gaping holes at the very least. On houses or less fortified buildings a normal charged atomic breath would definately blow it up i expect
Kong better not touch my drumset!