Poster Ideas and Speculation

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Zilla103192
Keizer

Re: Poster ideas

Post by Zilla103192 »

solid black with ゴジラ written in red and GODZILLA written underneath it...

i would steal that from a theater in a heartbeat!
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Jamitor27
Samurai

Post by Jamitor27 »

zilla103192 wrote:solid black with ゴジラ written in red and GODZILLA written underneath it...

i would steal that from a theater in a heartbeat!
I was trying to think of an elaborate one but that one takes the cake. Simple, to the point, and nothing more needs to be said.

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

A shot of Tokyo in the background in ruin and on fire from Tokyo Bay, with Godzilla's softly glowing dorsal fins breaching the water in the foreground.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

KaijuSapian
G-Force Personnel

Post by KaijuSapian »

zilla103192 wrote:solid black with ゴジラ written in red and GODZILLA written underneath it...
As a teaser poster? Sure. But surely the actual poster would be more elaborate. Get Drew Struzan to the poster, an I'm a happy camper.
Legion1979 wrote:Giant monsters can do anything they want to.

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

A devastated, smoldering city with Godzilla's monstrous form wading through a sea of flames.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Godzilla's body, shadowed out, but his eyes and spines glowing blue amongst a city in flames. The poster should reveal that it is THE Godzilla, and not just an unpopular wimp. However, this would probably make the design a little more discrete in the process.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Godzillawolf
G-Grasper

Post by Godzillawolf »

Showa Gyaos wrote:Godzilla's body, shadowed out, but his eyes and spines glowing blue amongst a city in flames. The poster should reveal that it is THE Godzilla, and not just an unpopular wimp. However, this would probably make the design a little more discrete in the process.
I like this idea.

Also, maybe as a teaser poster, something like the openning video of Godzilla: Save the Earth, a city in the background, Godzilla's spins breaking the surface as he's heading towards it. Just a thought.

The One and Only
Futurian

Post by The One and Only »

I like them both. Something that doesn't completely reveal what the Big-G will look like in the flick, but assures the audience that it will be the Godzilla we all know and reconize. Hopefully, the producers decide to go for a painted portrait as opposed to photshop. Either Bob Eggleton ,or the bloke who did the poster art for Star Wars and Abominable. He deserves the best.
"All literature is one of three stories: a man goes on a journey, a stranger comes to town, and Godzilla Vs. Megashark. "-Leo Tolstoy.

Godz
G-Force Personnel

Post by Godz »

Preferably something like this

;)
SAVE_US.GDZ

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

you gotta be epicly awesome like me! haha

lol just kiding... just copy and paste
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Ghost Rider
Yojimbo

Post by Ghost Rider »

Tyler wrote:Image

Something like those. I want to SEE Godzilla. Not glowing eyeballs and chicken feet.

These look amazing! :shock:

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

^ You haven't seen those yet?
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Godzillawolf
G-Grasper

Post by Godzillawolf »

Hey, question, do you think Godzilla's rival in the film should appear on the poster? Like him roaring over a destoryed city with his rival in the foreground?

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Only in the background if at all.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Maybe just the outline of his opponent, nothing more though.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Ghost Rider
Yojimbo

Post by Ghost Rider »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:^ You haven't seen those yet?
Only the color version.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Hellspawn28 wrote:Keep the villain out of the poster since it will spoil the movie.
I must agree with this. Rogers said that there would be more than one monster, and that's all we need to know, I believe. Of course, the Internet will have spoilers when the movie is released. :|
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Godzillawolf
G-Grasper

Post by Godzillawolf »

He said there may be more than one monster, it's possible, but likely only one will be the Big Bad and another will be a 'warm up' for one of the big monsters.

godzilla1996
Monsterland Worker

Post by godzilla1996 »

If there's going to be another monster, I want there to be multiple posters, like The Dark Knight. Meaning, one for the big guy, one for the enemy, and one with both. But, as far as teaser posters go, just make sure we get to see Godzilla, and not some lame shot of his feet, or glowing eyes.
Formerly known as godzilla2001.
Power corrupts. Absolute power corrupts absolutely. Yeah moderators!
@ omgitsgodzilla, the double rainbow means that Godzilla is on some really good shit

Godzillawolf
G-Grasper

Post by Godzillawolf »

godzilla1996 wrote:If there's going to be another monster, I want there to be multiple posters, like The Dark Knight. Meaning, one for the big guy, one for the enemy, and one with both. But, as far as teaser posters go, just make sure we get to see Godzilla, and not some lame shot of his feet, or glowing eyes.
I like that idea truthfully.