Human drama in Godzilla, what are you expecting?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Gidorah89
Yojimbo

Re: Human drama in Godzilla, what are you expecting?

Post by Gidorah89 »

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:^I just got a kick out of reading your criticism. :lol:
Haha I'd be here all day if I were asked to dissect that movie dude

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

Gidorah89 wrote:The scene of the bodies around the train wreckage is without question the most horrifying imagery ever seen in a Godzilla film.
I know, right. I saw the trailer. I thought it was debris for a second, but it wasn't.
Shadow Arena Records:

Wins: 1
Losses: 0

Gojira 2000
Samurai

Post by Gojira 2000 »

I don't have a problem with romance or heroism appearing in this film if it is done well. I mean, the '54 Godzilla didn't suffer because those elements were present, it worked as they were integrated into the overall story properly.

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

ligerzilla2014 wrote:
junkerde wrote:
tenup wrote:Since Cranston admitted to wearing a wig for this role, it would be interesting if there is a point in the film where he removes it and pays homage to his Breaking Bad character with the Heisenberg look. Im sure if its done in a subtle way the audience will mark out.
maybe he gets cancer from the radiation
Wow junkerde, you actually contributed something worthwhile for once. That's a pretty good idea..
actually i was just referring to breaking bad and him getting cancer but who knows, looks like im back at square one

Cherno Alpha
Young Farmer

Post by Cherno Alpha »

either like Pacific Rim type drama, or as previously stated, The Walking Dead type drama. Either way will possibly make me teary eyed :(

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Cranston getting cancer would just be a carbon copy of Breaking Bad. He should maybe get trampled by Godzilla instead. And maybe Ford's son or wife could die too.

GalacticPetey
Gotengo Officer

Post by GalacticPetey »

LegendZilla wrote:Cranston getting cancer would just be a carbon copy of Breaking Bad. He should maybe get trampled by Godzilla instead. And maybe Ford's son or wife could die too.
Isn't his son a young child though? Would they kill a young child in this movie?
I can't believe that Godzilla was the only surviving member of its species, but if we continue conducting nuclear tests, it's possible that another Godzilla might appear somewhere in the world again.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Cherno Alpha wrote:either like Pacific Rim type drama, or as previously stated, The Walking Dead type drama. Either way will possibly make me teary eyed :(

I assume The Walking Dead type of drama then, because I didn't cry nor feel sorrow in Pacific Rim.
Godzilla3000 wrote:
LegendZilla wrote:Cranston getting cancer would just be a carbon copy of Breaking Bad. He should maybe get trampled by Godzilla instead. And maybe Ford's son or wife could die too.
Isn't his son a young child though? Would they kill a young child in this movie?
That could ACTUALLY be an emotional sad scene and could fit in perfectly for this movie. Or, if they want to recreate that scene from Gojira, have Elle (Elizabeth Olsen) and her son hug each other one last time under a building as Godzilla comes by and blows that building down, killing them.
Yooo 8-)

knockinrockin
G-Grasper

Post by knockinrockin »

DeadpoolsbetterThanU wrote:
Orgasmatron wrote:we finally tried anal and she said she would have it again
Now you live up to that user name of yours!

Shadow wrote:
Chris55 wrote:5'1
640lbs

:lol: Wow, you should get outside sometime, that's if you get fit through the door.

jamaal7
Ronin

Post by jamaal7 »

As far as the human drama is concerned, I want to see something semi-documentary like. I will be very pleased with a film that makes me, at times, forget that I'm looking at a movie. This has been my experience, from time to time, with Gamera 2: Advent of Legion.

Realism is what Gareth Edwards says he's aiming for, to make us feel it's really happening. An event like the appearance of Godzilla, a monster around 115 meters tall, would be a major disaster, not to mention terrifying. I think this is going to require, among other things, some stunning, aerial wide angle shots. Then the actors will have to react the way people really would when confronted with the events that would ensue.

Actaully, after having listened to some of the principal actors describe the shoot and their parts, as well as the things Edwards has said about the film, I'm looking forward to the human drama as much as I am the visual effects and the monster scenes.

LegendZilla
Sazer

Post by LegendZilla »

Godzilla3000 wrote:
They had the balls to kill a young child in Jaws.

Can of Conspiracy
JXSDF Technician

Post by Can of Conspiracy »

^He wasn't part or related to the main cast though. Chief Brody's sons survived... until the third sequel.

If the kid is important to the main character, s/he'll most likely make it.
goblin shark (plural goblin sharks) [ˈgɒblɪn shärk'], noun:
1. a shark with a long pointed obstruction from forehead and growing to 3.8 meters in length; Mitsukurina owstoni.
2. not a reference to Guiron.

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

Joke right here. I don't really mean this:
If he wanted to aim for realism, then he should've shown Godzilla crumbling under his own weight.
Shadow Arena Records:

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:
gzilla46 wrote:Joke right here. I don't really mean this:
If he wanted to aim for realism, then he should've shown Godzilla crumbling under his own weight.
Except...Is this the place or time for a joke?
Well, the thing is, studies shown that if Godzilla were real, he wouldn't be able to stand because of all that weight. Because, you were talking about all that "trying to aim for realism", stuff.

But, yeah, I guess it was the wrong place.
Shadow Arena Records:

Gojira1963
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira1963 »

I often hear people on here complain they do not want a love story in this new movie. I wouldn't mind a good love story in this movie.
Liam F.

My science fiction/Fantasy blog. with Godzilla content! http://foleyfunfilmfacts.wordpress.com/

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

Sure there's lots of love interest stories that can be made well in a film like godzilla. Take the dark knight for instance, not too much romance that it overtakes the atmosphere of the film, but enough to know there is a personal interest.

cloverfan98
Site Staff
Site Staff

Post by cloverfan98 »

Gojira1963 wrote:I often hear people on here complain they do not want a love story in this new movie. I wouldn't mind a good love story in this movie.
I want a love story like the one in Gojira. A dark tragedy rather than the typical cheesy love store from films like G98.

Godzillian
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzillian »

A love story would be good if they did it well and maybe had either the man or woman get killed by one of the kaiju in the film. I feel like that would be a cool spin on it.