XxComablack1937xX wrote:Simple Godzilla design
- Stands up-right, Yes i think he should.. I hate the fact of thinking of Godzilla like GINO all hunched over like a Raptor of T-Rex.
- Deep roar, much like Godzilla 1985 or Godzilla 1954, not all high pitched screeching like in GINO.
- Grey or blackish tent skin, to imply a burnt, rusted, an tortured animal...
- Thick Legs, an chest.. Godzilla does not need to be skinny or thin, it's a very bulky animal an has no need to run.. since it shouldn't be running from anything.
- 4 claws an 4 toes, it should not represent a T-Rex foot.. Should look like Stan W. design for the rejected 94 script.
- spines, pretty much like the early 90's series.. didn't care for the 2000 series where he had 1 giant one in the middle.
- Godzilla should stand 350 to 450 ft tall...
This is my opinion on how i think Godzilla should look.
I wholeheartedly agree, save for the height. It's hard enough already to suspend belief that Godzilla is that tall in the Japanese films, and some people have complained about how inconsistant the size of the Cloverfield monster seemed to be in the movie, so you know even CGI might be hampered if Godzilla's any much taller than he has already been depicted.
Personally, I like the more mammalian features on Godzilla's face. It adds a menace to the creature that bird or reptillian faces are rarely capable of. Compare a lion's face with a Komodo dragon's. The lion can contort it's facial features and show more of it's teeth, making it far more intimidating, even though a Komodo dragon is just as capable of maiming and killing you, heck, it can even break bones with its bite.