Godzilla: The Look/Appearance Speculation

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Zilla103192
Keizer

Godzilla: The Look/Appearance Speculation

Post by Zilla103192 »

What do you guys think that The LPGoji will be like. here are a few conversation starters...

-What will he look like?
- Color?
- Teeth? (two rows or one row)
- Dorsal fins?

Use this topic to speculate on everything related to the look before it's official.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

Zilla103192
Keizer

Re: Godzilla

Post by Zilla103192 »

Thats what i think too! thats so weird! lol.

but seriously. granted he will probably look like his early tshirt design, i mean the final version of him.
Don't try to be something else. Don't try to be less. Great things are going to happen in your life. Great things. And with that will come great responsibility.

My Official Facebook Page! Like and Share!! https://www.facebook.com/DillonFisherAr ... e=bookmark

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by GotengoXGodzilla »

Like I said earlier, I don't think he'll look exactly like he does on the T-Shirt. I think that'll be the starting point. Personally, I think they'll take that image and modify it a bit further.
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

My two cents is: They'll remain faithful to Toho's version for the most part, perhaps making it a bit more badass-looking.
He will act like an animal, but an intelligent one, not just the GINO dinosaur Godzilla.
He will probably be like the Heisei/Millennium Godzilla: a destructive force, but a reliable, much-needed protector.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

omgitsgodzilla wrote:a destructive force, but a reliable, much-needed protector.

ok you set yourself up for it... im sorry what you just said made me post this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL7PSlUuWPs

HayesAJones
Keizer

Post by HayesAJones »

Well, hopefully he'll stay true to the original King of the Monsters. The design should stay pretty close to the one on the Comic-Con t-shirt. And personality-wise? An intelligent, angry beast of raw power. A destroyer when Man is arrogant, but a savior when Man is brought to His knees, humbled. That's what I'd like to see.

Red-Death Gigan
Interpol Agent

Post by Red-Death Gigan »

Better a dinosaur than a lizard again...
... Godzilla lives inside each one of us.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

i think they should just use the GINO model...

omg i couldnt keep a straight face while saying that! :lol:

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

zilla103192 wrote:
omgitsgodzilla wrote:a destructive force, but a reliable, much-needed protector.

ok you set yourself up for it... im sorry what you just said made me post this...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL7PSlUuWPs
Oh my god, that didn't even occur to me... I fail :lol:
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

ZigraDude
Monarch Researcher

Re: Godzilla: The Look

Post by ZigraDude »

Godzilla will probably look similar to the t-shirt design. It's already a good start.

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

I like the t-shirt design mostly because it makes Goji slick and modern, but keeps him similar to his original design.

However, I'm iffy on the head.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

Killswitch
G-Force Personnel

Post by Killswitch »

I think we are going to see something similar to the T-Shirt. The art work looks a bit over the top. Reminds me a little of the promo art we got back in the 70's for King Kong. We can count on a traditional design, no GINO this time.

tokyostateofmind
Monarch Researcher

Post by tokyostateofmind »

I don't want a carbon copy of the Japanese Godzilla. i really liked the fake concept sculptures very much. I would want Gojira to look like a mixture of both. One of my pet peeves is like copies, there is no fun in a music cover if you do it exactly like the original. I want it to be new and original, but at the same time very nostalgic and not radically changed (GINO cough)

Gigan X3
Futurian

Post by Gigan X3 »

I think he should look like an elephant and have Anguirus' roar.
Chris55 wrote:
Biollante wrote:WHY DID THE TERMINATOR STEAL THE BIKER'S GLASSES IN TERMINATOR 2? IT SERVED NOOOOO PURPOSE, WHERE'S THE EXPOSITION?
He was going to kill the T1000 with SEXINESS

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

I'd like him to look like Godzilla 2000, but a lot slimmer and with longer arms, and the classic colors.

I actually wouldn't mind personally if Godzilla was brown for once.
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Mecha-Anguirus
GPN Volunteer

Post by Mecha-Anguirus »

I actually liked the original maquette. Very modern. but it still holds that "Godzilla" feel.

Reboot: coda 1G65R34... Weapons Status: functioning... Recoding Mainframe... Video Sensors: recording... Mecha-Anguirus now Online.

Remember me?

GotengoXGodzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by GotengoXGodzilla »

^ God, I wish people would stop posting the pictures of that head. We've seen it already. We know what that looks like. Odds are, its not going to be what Godzilla will look like in the upcoming film.
Check out my film blog - Seeing Is Believing

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

I'm among those that actually likely the maquette. However, the current t-shirt design works for me. I just draw some issues with the shape of the head, but ultimatley its a minor pet peeve.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

JVM
Xilien Halfling

Post by JVM »

I hate the maquette - it's too modern. It loses a lot of Godzilla's facial features. It looks far more like Zilla to me than Godzilla, and I thought we'd basically confirmed it was a hoax?
I used to be a lot more optimistic and outgoing, believe it or not. I used to actually be passionate about this stuff.

Zilla103192
Keizer

Post by Zilla103192 »

So was the head confirmed a fake?

i like it. I personally dont want Godzilla to look JUST like the japenese version. This is an american reboot. It needs some uniquness to it. I think the head gives us something new... while retaining some Old school traits.