Godzilla's cinematography

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
BARAGONBREH
G-Grasper

Re: Godzilla's cinematography

Post by BARAGONBREH »

The cinematography looks pretty spot-on. The color tone is perfect in the limited footage I've seen. I especially love the brights during the daytime.

One of the many reasons Zilla sucked so bad was because they tried to cover up the horrible CGI by making the lighting very dark whenever he appeared, thus the reason it was always either very cloudy or nighttime.

Don't get me wrong, Godzilla looks most badass in the night, and this movie looks to have plenty of him in it. But that scene of his back emerging from the deep in the sunny day tells me Edwards has enough faith in the CGI of this movie to let us look at the monster in the unforgiving sunlight. That's a great sign!
Shadowfyre wrote:Everything you say sucks all the time.
gottatalktothefake wrote:I’m kinda disappointed, I just expected to LOVE it. I just thought it was an alright 6/10.

kaijukurt
EDF Instructor

Post by kaijukurt »

From what we've seen, I have full confidence in McGarvey's cinematography.
Formerly known as kurtzilla

KJ Corp
JXSDF Technician

Post by KJ Corp »

All I have to say is: blood red on gray.