GODZILLA Set and Official Photo/Image Stills Thread

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
JGAR
Futurian

Re: GODZILLA Set and Official Photo Thread - DISCUSSION

Post by JGAR »

three wrote:if the ending of the film is two army men standing over Godzilla in a burning ditch, i might not like this film.....i don't want him dead again. i'd rather humans not defeat him either........
Hey, its them maybe watching Godzilla fall into lava. :P
Yooo 8-)

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Eunectes wrote:
three wrote:if the ending of the film is two army men standing over Godzilla in a burning ditch, i might not like this film.....i don't want him dead again. i'd rather humans not defeat him either........
To not like a movie because of how it ends is kind of asinine.

yea, it comes off that way when you're unable to read into what's being said. sadly it's a skill that's very lacking in the world today. if the film ends with Godzilla dead in a pit and the army standing over him triumphantly, we could probably assume that he's gonna face stiff resistance from humans, and if they're being featured at the end probably had way more of a prominent role in the film than the needed to (with more of a focus on the humans and their conflicts and relationships with eachother as opposed to their character development and a focus on Godzilla). hopefully that's not an image of the end, as it could be very telling.

and hey, don't get so worked up over someone else's opinion. and yes, claiming i'm asinine is pretty worked up. so can it or add something relevant.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

Gojira is:Very Hiroshima®
axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

sir isaac newton is the deadliest son - of - a - bitch in space.

Godzilla628
G-Grasper

Post by Godzilla628 »

Amazingkaiju wrote:Bumping this thread

A kid managed to film some of the set monitors during the "tsunami" scene in Hawaii. First time we get a close look at some of the camera shots :)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Q0wrU765w0
That was awesome! The cinematography looks great.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

JGAR4Entertainment wrote:
TheSecondComing wrote:Seeing crew members wearing shirts with the '84 Goji on there make me wonder how much, if any, that movie will influence this one. I hope so as ROG/1985 had a great atmosphere to it. And seeing how EncounterGoji's head looked similar to it, maybe I'm not too far off the wall.

POSSIBLE SPOILERS ALERT!!!

I wouldn't be surprised if this scene is the ending too, also from The Return Of Godzilla/Godzilla (1984):

I don't know, man. It just looks like two men standing in front of carpet bombing in the distance.

Steven Spielberg used the same practical effects for these scenes in War of the Worlds.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:Not to mention that an ending like that is just a riff on another movie. Rather lazy if you ask me.

thank you. i also take that to mean that the rest of the film could be handled in much the same way, lazily.

before it happens...I KNOW THIS IS NOT THE "ENDING" SO TO SPEAK. it's just speculation. that's all. that's what the thread is dedicated to, so don't even jump on my case about "oh but three, that's not the end of the movie for all we know" *tries to bite earlobe and beats chest*.

^^ that's anyone who decides to freak out over my speculating. anyway.
:pokeball: :cookie: :mechagodzilla: "I'm on a drug called Charlie Sheen" ~ Charlie Sheen

axnyslie wrote:I read that too quickly I though you said land MINES. Yes they are still out there so step lightly!
Well, I've read through that handbook for the recently deceased. It says: 'live people ignore the strange and unusual. I, myself, am strange and unusual. ~ Lydia Deetz

MrRockett
JXSDF Technician

Post by MrRockett »

I sincerely do not think anything about this movie will be lazy. Too many things here that they are spending good money to create:

1) GINO happened, they don't want a repeat of that (outside of the box office which people forget was quite solid)
2)Gareth Edwards is getting his shot, I'd like to think that he would not half ass his call up to the big leagues.
3) The potential for a franchise, people generally do not like to spend money if they don't get a solid return and have the potential for sequels and many product tie in's.
4) This is a beloved franchise being made by people that we know are fans as well, why go through all the time and expense of making a movie with a big budget and excellent actors if you just cut corners and take a big shit on it.

This is why I am excited, I can see the forest through the trees and believe that no matter what we get, these people are truly trying to give us a great movie, not just a great Godzilla movie.
goji89 wrote:King Gonorrhea
I've turned over a new leaf, and it's still just a leaf so I guess I'm still the same a-hole I've always been just now with two leaves.

three
Keizer

Post by three »

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:I wouldn't mind if they made little to no "References" or "Homage" to past films. It's like some people just want "Godzilla-Greatest hits".

Instead of you-know and movie of it's own. Rehashing old elements or even the desire for them just shows how stagnant this franchise is.

well very little, if any. like an action figure or something on a desk, maybe crack a joke about an old movie and then laugh it off as a poor solution to fighting Godzilla like "hey, maybe we could build a giant metal one!" and then everyone kinda just shrugs it off or laughs as if the idea is silly and would never work.

[quote="MrRocket']I sincerely do not think anything about this movie will be lazy.[/quote]

i actually completely agree with you. i don't think that's the ending, i was just saying that if it were, then i'd assume (before seeing the film, obviously) that the rest would be too humany or lazy. not that people plots are bad, but that it would probably end up all cheesy with the humans standing over the defeated Godzilla.

Starsteam
Keizer

Post by Starsteam »

I love homages and references. Though I wouldn't want to whole film to thrive on them. Be sorta like the Evil Dead remake, give it enough new twists but include things to drive the fans wild and fill the theater will nerdgasms.

Godzilla628
G-Grasper

Post by Godzilla628 »

starsteam wrote:I love homages and references. Though I wouldn't want to whole film to thrive on them. Be sorta like the Evil Dead remake, give it enough new twists but include things to drive the fans wild and fill the theater will nerdgasms.
Exactly. I don't want a whole bunch of references. I would love just a little bit of nods to the older and newer films.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

I'd rather have few references. Fans need to quit begging for nostalgia and look at the new things this movie will have to offer.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Godzillasaurus
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzillasaurus »

Showa Gyaos wrote:I'd rather have few references. Fans need to quit begging for nostalgia and look at the new things this movie will have to offer.
I agree. We need entirely new plots and effects.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Godzillaman wrote:
Showa Gyaos wrote:I'd rather have few references. Fans need to quit begging for nostalgia and look at the new things this movie will have to offer.
I agree. We need entirely new plots and effects.
Exactly. To those who do, it just shows that they don't take the time to appreciate what is being done differently.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.

Gib money.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Shazam14 wrote:Do references really effect the plot? It'll still be it's own movie.
It doesn't. BUT: If you're looking for references to old things, you're watching a movie the wrong way. You only care about the past. You're not looking forward. The past is finished. The future has yet to come.
ScrumpBump wrote:

Gib money.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Shazam14 wrote:
Showa Gyaos wrote:
Shazam14 wrote:Do references really effect the plot? It'll still be it's own movie.
It doesn't. BUT: If you're looking for references to old things, you're watching a movie the wrong way. You only care about the past. You're not looking forward. The past is finished. The future has yet to come.
See, I highly doubt anyone what watch this movie JUST for references. It would just be a nice thing to have.
Many people I know do just that when a new superhero movie comes along. It sickens me, so if I seem to be aggressive about this subject I'll tone it down. :lol:
ScrumpBump wrote:

Gib money.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Shazam14 wrote:Aggressive? Not at all. :P

But you see how Godzilla 1998 had a reference to the original Godzilla? I mean, it doesn't have to be like that, but a name drop (Honda) or anything would probably be fine for any of us- or at least me. Nothing to take away from the plot or not make this Godzilla it's own Godzilla.
Yeah, those tiny references are enough to make me smile and go along with it. Pacific Rim had the "Serizawa Scale," and that made me laugh out loud in the theater out of pure joy. Those little nods are okay. But the enormous, "standing out" Easter Eggs and references just get in the way of things.
ScrumpBump wrote:

Gib money.

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:I agree with that, it's just that, these days....It seems people are more willing to look back and copy other things instead of doing something new.
-cough- Tokyo SOS -cough-
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

Lain Of The Wired
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Lain Of The Wired »

PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:I agree with that, it's just that, these days....It seems people are more willing to look back and copy other things instead of doing something new.
I liked Tokyo SOS though :oops:
Never forget tadpole :godzilla:

PopInPicsPresents
Xilien Halfling

Post by PopInPicsPresents »

Lain Of The Wired wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
I liked Tokyo SOS though :oops:
It's one of my favorites, but that doesn't stop it from being 90% unoriginal.
Jomei wrote:
PopInPicsPresents wrote:
Jomei wrote:Anyway, who's everyone's best girl for X? I'm on team Asuna.
Mama Birdon is bae
Congratulations. You've constructed the most perfectly wrong post ever seen on TK.

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Re: GODZILLA Set and Official Photo/Image Stills Thread

Post by gatorzilla »

Someone asked in another topic about an official image thread so figured it was time to resurrect this one

IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

GFAN198423
Xilien Halfling

Re: GODZILLA Set and Official Photo/Image Stills Thread

Post by GFAN198423 »

Forgot this thread even existed.

Well here's all the trailer still galleries I've created.

TRAILER 1 - 1080p
https://www.flickr.com/photos/maulfan/s ... 971174856/

TRAILER 2 - 1080p
https://www.flickr.com/photos/maulfan/s ... 619172263/

INTERNATIONAL TRAILER - 1080p
https://www.flickr.com/photos/maulfan/s ... 350315543/

TV SPOT - IT CAN'T BE STOPPED - 1080p
https://www.flickr.com/photos/maulfan/s ... 400546263/

TV SPOT - I CAN'T BELIEVE THIS IS HAPPENING - 1080p
https://www.flickr.com/photos/maulfan/s ... 414091713/

TV SPOT - WHATEVER IT TAKES - 1080p
https://www.flickr.com/photos/maulfan/s ... 415890504/

TV SPOT - LIES - 720p
https://www.flickr.com/photos/maulfan/s ... 416004244/

TV SPOT - SECRETS - 720p
https://www.flickr.com/photos/maulfan/s ... 416087164/

TV SPOT - COURAGE - 720p
https://www.flickr.com/photos/maulfan/s ... 416022693/

For the extended look, I have 720p and 1080p stills because they're not all the same shots and some looked better at the lower res than the high.

EXTENDED LOOK - 720p
https://www.flickr.com/photos/maulfan/s ... 489707845/

EXTENDED LOOK - 1080p
https://www.flickr.com/photos/maulfan/s ... 739376204/