what complaints do you not want to hear?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Shadow
Futurian

Re: what complaints do you not want to hear?

Post by Shadow »

Brody wrote:Everyone LIKES Zilla now!
Bullshit! Twenty points from Hufflepuff!
Where are you getting this assumption? GINO is terrible, and most of this fanbase can agree.
Anyway... I don't want to hear how it looks like the cheesy man in a suit Godzilla, that'd be from GINO fans by the way.
Half as long, twice as bright.
Resized ImageResized Image
Greatest Advertisement of all time.
Greatest Parody Video of all time.
TK's Resident Master Crazy Narrator and Attack on Titan fan

Gojira1963
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira1963 »

Godzilla 1995 wrote:
Except I *DID* give specifics. I named specific scenes in the film, I named specific movies that hold up better than it, right HERE:
I speak assertively because I compared this film to other pieces of filmmaking that occured before and after this film was released. It doesn't hold up. Jurassic Park and heck, even Star Wars Episode I hold up better than this film. The burrowing scene where Animal is nearly crushed in the tunnel sucks, the helicopters around the 2nd pile of fish sucks, the submarine scene in the Hudson sucks, the GINO babies suck. It was my immediate reaction.
Is that satisfactory?

You are saying what sucks, but not why you think it sucks. There is a distinction.
Liam F.

My science fiction/Fantasy blog. with Godzilla content! http://foleyfunfilmfacts.wordpress.com/

Gojira1963
Gotengo Officer

Post by Gojira1963 »

Hellspawn28 wrote:GINO's CG is nothing special now, but back then it looked good as I mention before. Either way, I think I will be okay if Godzilla is total CG in this movie. If he acts and looks like Godzilla then that's all it matters to me.
I have no worries that this Godzilla movie will have spectacular special effects. But in 15 or 20 years people will complain how the special effects from 2014 now look dated. :)
Liam F.

My science fiction/Fantasy blog. with Godzilla content! http://foleyfunfilmfacts.wordpress.com/

gatorzilla
EDF Instructor

Post by gatorzilla »

You know whats sad?

In the wake of all this exciting news today I am STILL seeing a small percentage of fans bitching because either
A) Akira Takarada was not announced with the main cast
or
B) because they are automatically assuming this movie will be bad
IN GARETH EDWARDS WE TRUST!

Gooberzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Gooberzilla »

JGAR4Entertainment wrote:We shouldn't worry about the CG in this movie. Its being done by the person who did the CG in the Lord Of The Rings, which won an award for the CG and Visuals.
Just curious...what's the name of the of the CGI person from LOTR?
“The arrogance of man is thinking nature is in our control, and not the other way around.” "Let them fight."

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

Gooberzilla wrote:
JGAR4Entertainment wrote:We shouldn't worry about the CG in this movie. Its being done by the person who did the CG in the Lord Of The Rings, which won an award for the CG and Visuals.
Jim Rygiel
Yooo 8-)

Gooberzilla
Interpol Agent

Post by Gooberzilla »

JGAR4Entertainment wrote:
Gooberzilla wrote:
Jim Rygiel
Cool, thanks!
“The arrogance of man is thinking nature is in our control, and not the other way around.” "Let them fight."

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

^^
No problem your welcome. :D
Yooo 8-)