How should they handle Godzilla's origins?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Bluezilla 65
Interpol Agent

Re: How should they handle Godzilla's origins?

Post by Bluezilla 65 »

I hope that his origin is still tied to the nuclear testing of the 40's and 50's with his existence known to a select few.

shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

Post by shinmattiathekaiju »

demoylition wrote:
Living Corpse wrote:
demoylition wrote:DNA experimentation with reptiles or dinosaurs lead to godzilla.
So...Jurassic Park?
pretty much what i think will happen.
Welcome....to Monster Island.(shows Anguirus walking near a lake while Jonh Williams music plays)
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1

Bluezilla 65
Interpol Agent

Post by Bluezilla 65 »

Oppenheimer's speech was from 1965. It could easily be used as an admission to the existence of Godzilla and other creatures and their origin due to atomic testing.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

gzilla46 wrote:What about North Korean nuclear testing? North Korea is doing that in real life, so that'd be PERFECT for the Big G.
I definetely agree. Make Godzilla related to the Japanese or pretty much anything Asian.
Bluezilla 65 wrote:I hope that his origin is still tied to the nuclear testing of the 40's and 50's with his existence known to a select few.
^^This, though I think it would be better to connect to something more current.
Yooo 8-)

Godzilla2000Zero
Gotengo Officer

Post by Godzilla2000Zero »

JGAR4Entertainment wrote:
gzilla46 wrote:What about North Korean nuclear testing? North Korea is doing that in real life, so that'd be PERFECT for the Big G.
I definetely agree. Make Godzilla related to the Japanese or pretty much anything Asian.
Bluezilla 65 wrote:I hope that his origin is still tied to the nuclear testing of the 40's and 50's with his existence known to a select few.
Frank Darabont did say Godzilla will be connected to a current issue, but I think they can find a way to make a nuclear message more current.
I never worked this hard all my life since the time I lost my virginity.-Gareth Edwards SDCC 2012

gzilla46
Futurian

Post by gzilla46 »

Godzilla2000Zero wrote:
JGAR4Entertainment wrote:
Frank Darabont did say Godzilla will be connected to a current issue, but I think they can find a way to make a nuclear message more current.
Then they should make it North Korea.
Shadow Arena Records:

Wins: 1
Losses: 0

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

gzilla46 wrote:
Godzilla2000Zero wrote:
JGAR4Entertainment wrote:What about North Korean nuclear testing? North Korea is doing that in real life, so that'd be PERFECT for the Big G.

Then they should make it North Korea.[/quote]

North Korea: Godzilla and maybe a Pulgasari look alike to face off against which is derived from some Korean legend.
Iran: Where the other monster is derived from Zoroastrianism ,particularly a bird of some sort , like Ahura Mazda but evil like.

junkerde
Terminated
Terminated

Post by junkerde »

haha yeah, north korea has been firing missiles tests into japanese waters too but im not too sure about using that as the creation of it, maybe, but some will think bad idea, oh well idk either

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

I've been thinking this for a while, so this is my idea, and what I think will probably and possibly be the origins of Godzilla in Legendary Pictures' film:

Life in certain Japanese Island off to the waters in the Pacific Ocean is very different from any other place on the globe, especially when you have something science hasn't discovered yet. Natives and animals who live on the island have watched and lived alongside a surving, subterranean and marine group of t-rex like dinosaurs, dubbed by the natives: the ''Godzilla'' species. As time and history on Earth passed, the Godzillas have evolved, changed, and transformed over time, moving from a horizontal position to a more vertical and standing straight position. However, they were carnivores and ate every other species, including the natives, on the island and water surrounding it, although their population has lowered a bit every century after century. It wasn't until the 21st Century with the population of this secretive reptiles only having 1 (2 or/and a bit more, if you want a female Godzila and/or a Godzilla family), when North Korean nuclear testings have gone insane nearby the island, mutating this and other living things in the waters and coasts. Mutated, now increased in size very high, the infected Godzilla, alongside 2 other species from the island (the other Monsters), now feeds on Radiation, giving a love and addiction to it, which repays him with sickness that releases it (Atomic Breath). Though if he continues doing this, Godzilla could end up being a Nuclear Bomb himself (Burning Godzilla) and blow up the world himself.
Yooo 8-)

KingGhidorah
Interpol Agent

Post by KingGhidorah »

JGAR4Entertainment wrote:I've been thinking this for a while, so this is my idea, and what I think will probably and possibly be the origins of Godzilla in Legendary Pictures' film:

Life in certain Japanese Island off to the waters in the Pacific Ocean is very different from any other place on the globe, especially when you have something science hasn't discovered yet. Natives and animals who live on the island have watched and lived alongside a surving, subterranean and marine group of t-rex like dinosaurs, dubbed by the natives: the ''Godzilla'' species. As time and history on Earth passed, the Godzillas have evolved, changed, and transformed over time, moving from a horizontal position to a more vertical and standing straight position. However, they were carnivores and ate every other species, including the natives, on the island and water surrounding it, although their population has lowered a bit every century after century. It wasn't until the 21st Century with the population of this secretive reptiles only having 1 (2 or/and a bit more, if you want a female Godzila and/or a Godzilla family), when North Korean nuclear testings have gone insane nearby the island, mutating this and other living things in the waters and coasts. Mutated, now increased in size very high, the infected Godzilla, alongside 2 other species from the island (the other Monsters), now feeds on Radiation, giving a love and addiction to it, which repays him with sickness that releases it (Atomic Breath). Though if he continues doing this, Godzilla could end up being a Nuclear Bomb himself (Burning Godzilla) and blow up the world himself.
I don't know why but those words gave me an idea. Why don't the natives dub the creature Gojira (gorilla and whale) like the original movie, but the movie gives a reason why it's called that. Whenever the natives see the "marine T-Rex", they see it swim across the water and having a large size reminding them of a whale, but the T-rex has a Gorilla-Like roar, which in turn dubs it Gorilla-Whale, or Gojira. Then the American News and Newspapers just simply change the name to Godzilla to get public attention.
Profit????
By the way, you idea is very good and could fit well into a Trilogy.

JGAR
Futurian

Post by JGAR »

KingGhidorah wrote:
JGAR4Entertainment wrote:I've been thinking this for a while, so this is my idea, and what I think will probably and possibly be the origins of Godzilla in Legendary Pictures' film:

I don't know why but those words gave me an idea. Why don't the natives dub the creature Gojira (gorilla and whale) like the original movie, but the movie gives a reason why it's called that. Whenever the natives see the "marine T-Rex", they see it swim across the water and having a large size reminding them of a whale, but the T-rex has a Gorilla-Like roar, which in turn dubs it Gorilla-Whale, or Gojira. Then the American News and Newspapers just simply change the name to Godzilla to get public attention.
Profit????
By the way, you idea is very good and could fit well into a Trilogy.
Thank you. :D
Yooo 8-)

Bluezilla 65
Interpol Agent

Post by Bluezilla 65 »

Great idea but I would just completely drop the reference to tyrannosaurs. Just have the natives refer to them as ancient sea monster.

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

That would be pretty cool, actually..

That just modernizes the same origin.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Tyler wrote:America shouldn't shift the blame to another country. Like the French.
idk, North Korea or Israel creating Godzilla would be alright.

In a way, it would be still be America's and humanity's fault for the UN turning a blind eye to them.
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

PRIMEVAL
Gotengo Officer

Post by PRIMEVAL »

Dang illegal immigrants!