Homages to other Godzilla films you want to see?

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

Re: Homages to other Godzilla films you want to see?

Post by shinmattiathekaiju »

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:At most it should be a small little nod to the original film.

But not in a blatant scene stealing way.
How about something like:''A giant dinosaur? Next time they're gonna say it was a three headed dragon''.
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

I think there should be a scene in a museum where an ancient whale skeleton is shown, and beside it is like an exhibit of a family of gorillas. I think that would cause a lot of fans to chuckle, and smile in delight once they get the reference/nod.

I like your idea as well shinmattaia ;).
Last edited by Godzilla165 on Sun Feb 03, 2013 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

#BotM

shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

Godzilla165 wrote:
I like your idea as well shinmattaia ;).
Its M-A-T-T-I-A.

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

"It's"

And I didn't feel like going back just to move one letter around, you knew I was referring to you so it shouldn't be that big of a deal now should it ;)? Anyway, your idea would be a really cool nod to the fans, and non-fans who would get it as well.

#BotM

GodzillaBeastMode
Yojimbo

Post by GodzillaBeastMode »

ligerzilla2014 wrote:He needs to take down F22's by using his atomic breath as means of propulsion and go on to tail slide kick the Empire State Building into oblivion. He will then use his magnetic powers to attract the Statue of Liberty and claim her as his bride. The movie finishes with the happy couple flying off into the sunset on Gamera's back as a flock of Gyaos birds flutter gently overhead, raining hellfire upon all those who dare not clap for the monster king on this, his most joyous of days.
If a woman were to read this, I believe her response would be, "AH! My Ovary just exploded!" (: haha

GodzillaRangerPrime
JXSDF Technician

Post by GodzillaRangerPrime »

I'd like some homages

Like many ships going missing out at sea.
Actors and actresses from the Toho films having cameos as background characters or in a running crowd.
Godzilla coming on Land during a storm at the start of the film, except this time, it's Tokyo.
Train in the mouth
Snippets of classic music in the score.
Chris55 wrote:
Underworld54 wrote:
GalacticPetey wrote:They're not half-assing the Star Wars movies.
I very much consider TFA to be half-assed. What a generic film which only fed on nostalgia, it brought nothing new to the table.
That's not true. C3PO had a red arm.

knockinrockin
G-Grasper

Post by knockinrockin »

ligerzilla2014 wrote:He needs to take down F22's by using his atomic breath as means of propulsion and go on to tail slide kick the Empire State Building into oblivion. He will then use his magnetic powers to attract the Statue of Liberty and claim her as his bride. The movie finishes with the happy couple flying off into the sunset on Gamera's back as a flock of Gyaos birds flutter gently overhead, raining hellfire upon all those who dare not clap for the monster king on this, his most joyous of days.
Please not New York again... It suffered enough from Shemale Godzilla's period attack, Aliens, Cloverfield, more Aliens, etc.
DeadpoolsbetterThanU wrote:
Orgasmatron wrote:we finally tried anal and she said she would have it again
Now you live up to that user name of yours!

Shadow wrote:
Chris55 wrote:5'1
640lbs

:lol: Wow, you should get outside sometime, that's if you get fit through the door.

Ligerzilla2014
G-Grasper

Post by Ligerzilla2014 »

TheChingzilla wrote:
Please not New York again... It suffered enough from Shemale Godzilla's period attack, Aliens, Cloverfield, more Aliens, etc.
I don't want the movie to take place in New York. Those were just the easiest landmarks to incorporate into the story :D

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

I just watched G85 again today I wouldn't mind if Godzilla defeats his opponents and then is locked in a volcano again. The ending for G85 still gets me.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I understand the Stegosaur skeleton, but tucking in a tie? How is that a Godzilla refrence at all?

Even then the Stegosaur model is too vague. Let's have something the fans will actually get.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Yeah there's no way fans are gonna catch that unless they know every millisecond of the original film. Besides, tucking in a tie isn't really an important nod to Godzilla.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

I actually like the Stegosaurus model idea very much. I always noticed that as a kid, and seeing it in the film might add a nostalgic bit to the atmosphere.

20th Century Boy
Futurian

Post by 20th Century Boy »

Gyaos wrote:Yeah there's no way fans are gonna catch that unless they know every millisecond of the original film. Besides, tucking in a tie isn't really an important nod to Godzilla.
I heard Japanese audiences really liked the tie thing. It was paid homage to in a scene in Godzilla 2000 and a Godzilla rap video on YouTube called "Up From the Depths." I think it's iconic enough.

SaiyanRider54
Interpol Agent

Post by SaiyanRider54 »

I would love some homages.
- Godzilla attacking a small town at night during a storm
- Godzilla ripping down power lines,
- Chewing on a train
- Destroying boats by shooting them with his ray while under water
- His first monster kill is by biting down on it's neck
- Akira Takarada cameo (hey, he said he wanted to, why not?).
- G appearing over a mountain,
- When Godzilla is approaching a city underwater, his spikes should stick out like a shark's dorsal fins.

They could also be more minor, like someone mentioned the stegosaurus skeletal model. That's a good idea.

Lawsford
Monarch Researcher

Post by Lawsford »

Godzilla should do that flying Kick from vs Megalon, and use his atomic beam or breath to fly like in vs Hedorah
This millenium hair is simply fabulous

Oooo I could get used to this look

shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

L Lawliet wrote:Godzilla should do that flying Kick from vs Megalon, and use his atomic beam or breath to fly like in vs Hedorah
I think the general audience wouldn't like that, and it would clash with the tone they have decided for the movie.

Bigdog
JXSDF Technician

Post by Bigdog »

I want this:

I want Godzilla be presented as a deity of sorts like in Gojira, but let's take it to an extreme. Have it be like a strange cult of an isolated Japanese society on Odo Island/Mozambique [ in the case of the latter, a stranded ship of Japanese noblemen and traders integrates with African society or whatever] where they sacrifice cows as some sign of femininity to substitute for sacrificing women as they did in the past, and then when the characters see he's real, we see a live cow getting crunched with his massive jaws like a big steak, some blood dripping and revulsion, unless its like the scene in Jurassic Park mixed with a bit of King Kong. The imagery is symbolic, but whatevs, too tired to explain it all anyways. :lol: The islanders create a myth that Gojira can't be seen so people wouldn't see the horrible sight, but then the newcomers see it and once eating the animal, plows through the hill towards them until becoming interested in the birds and leaves into the ocean . See how I homaged three of the best G films of the franchise here? This is my ideal intro of the big G.

Godzilla eating people would be like me eating insects. You pop 'em in there and they digest. Boring, not to mention tasteless.

Once Godzilla goes from Japan, have him cause hell in Hawaii , where he first encounters of the two monsters in its base form , and then cause a bit more hell in the Western US/Canada and anything , to to get back to the basics of Godzilla.

SUPERTOHOREMIX
Futurian

Post by SUPERTOHOREMIX »

While a homage or 2 would be nice ... Lets be honest, it is most likely not going to happen :(. But we will see.

RabidGodzilla
Samurai

Post by RabidGodzilla »

Get ready for this one.
Remember the scene from Gojira when Godzilla destroyed the building with his tail, and the camera shot was from inside the building? You could see the wire holding up Godzilla's tail. I believe in the 1984 film, they unintentionally paid homage to this. I want to see them do it on purpose. There may be a public outcry, but who cares? Us true Godzilla fans would understand it. We won't be seeing the film just because it's a giant monster destroying a city. We'll be seeing the film because finally....Godzilla has returned.
"Now I am become death....The destroyer of worlds."

Smuggers
EDF Instructor

Post by Smuggers »

How would that work?
BARAGONBREH wrote:This website is a disturbing commentary on the state of reading comprehension today.
goji89 wrote:Its common courtesy to ask people if they can be quoted.