How Godzilla will be in the movie ( Frank Darabont News)

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
DocVape
Yojimbo

Re: How Godzilla will be in the movie ( Frank Darabont News)

Post by DocVape »

Why do people insist on making a godzilla film, that would just get laughed at, I mean there was enough Camp and acknowledgement in final wars to last a life time

I want this movie to be a success
we had years of camp, we had years of tongue in cheek

It sounds like this is the godzilla movie I've been waiting for since I was 4 years old, 30 years ago

Laserface121
Monarch Researcher

Post by Laserface121 »

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:1736 as of this posting. ;)
gatorzilla wrote:The thing is Godzilla can be anything. That is how he has survived for 60 years. They are going to modernize this Godzilla while keeping true to its roots but bringing him into this generation.

Be rational.

This film will do fine and i have 100% faith in everyone involved.
Thank you!

They are bringing Godzilla back into the public consciousness.

And what better way to do so than show them the side people are unfamiliar with the most.

That isn't the kid friendly version or even the anti-hero.

It's the unstoppable bomb with legs.
Err, seeing as he's fighting two other monsters, I think he's gonna be kind of an anti-hero.

aaron89978
Monsterland Worker

Post by aaron89978 »

I want a brutal, merciless, terrifying Godzilla.

DarkLord
Monarch Researcher

Post by DarkLord »

aaron89978 wrote:I want a brutal, merciless, terrifying Godzilla.

That's precisely what I'm hoping to see too! :)

Destoroyah of Worlds
Gotengo Officer

Post by Destoroyah of Worlds »

Varan Bon Ziller wrote:......Then...

Well Godzilla fought Anguirus in Raids, and he sure as hell wasn't a hero or an anti hero...

This movie is hurting my head...
The Spino wasn't a hero in Jurassic Park 3 and it fought a T-Rex..

I don't know, yeah..
Come fourth, Ghidorah! Great Golden Winged Destroyer; deliver onto us a beautiful demise!

shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

Post by shinmattiathekaiju »

aaron89978 wrote:I want a brutal, merciless, terrifying Godzilla.
With huge guns and pouches and a dramatic backstory.
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1

heiseisaegusa
Monsterland Worker

Post by heiseisaegusa »

I see where S Doncun is coming from, Godzilla should be a terrifying harbinger of death and destruction but he should also have a kind of misuderstood character so that in the event of his death (which would be lame IMO) you are sad to see it. I hate to use GINO as an example but I thought the movie instilled a sense of sympathy in the viewer and despite Zilla butchering Godzillas trademark abilities, I was still sad to see it die. A souless monster could end up like another Cloverfield (which I did enjoy) while another pussy like GINO would ruin the kings reputation forever, im hoping for a happy balance ;)
84-95

Godzilla165
Xilien Halfling

Post by Godzilla165 »

heiseisaegusa wrote:I see where S Doncun is coming from, Godzilla should be a terrifying harbinger of death and destruction but he should also have a kind of misuderstood character so that in the event of his death (which would be lame IMO) you are sad to see it. I hate to use GINO as an example but I thought the movie instilled a sense of sympathy in the viewer and despite Zilla butchering Godzillas trademark abilities, I was still sad to see it die. A souless monster could end up like another Cloverfield (which I did enjoy) while another pussy like GINO would ruin the kings reputation forever, im hoping for a happy balance ;)
Except he shouldn't die just yet in the first movie, it should be a few movies later before the should have him "die".

#BotM

aaron89978
Monsterland Worker

Post by aaron89978 »

I'd love to speculate....but won't. Not until filming/principal photography begins. I'm waiting for the judge to pull a dick move that would upset us fans.

heiseisaegusa
Monsterland Worker

Post by heiseisaegusa »

Except he shouldn't die just yet in the first movie, it should be a few movies later before the should have him "die".[/quote]

They shouldn't drag it out too long,personally I would only want to see one sequel.
84-95

DarkLord
Monarch Researcher

Post by DarkLord »

heiseisaegusa wrote:Except he shouldn't die just yet in the first movie, it should be a few movies later before the should have him "die".
They shouldn't drag it out too long,personally I would only want to see one sequel.[/quote]

I'd like to see a trilogy - three well made, epic quality films!
From LP's point of view of starting a franchise, I guess they'll be looking to make G films for as long as they bring in the money.

xenotactics
Monarch Researcher

Post by xenotactics »

Tyler wrote:They should know when to stop. One of the Heisei series' biggest faults was not knowing where it was going, especially when it made such a deal about continuity. For me ideal would be three or four.
By making "such a deal about continuity," are you referring to the fact there actually was continuity (or a semblance thereof) in the Heisei films? I'm not sure that I would describe bringing back a character or two from previous films or allowing (unlike the millennium series) the various films to even take part in the same world/storyline as making "such a deal about continuity." That's like seeing a person who is still in possession of his head and insisting that he's making "such a deal" about having a head simply because he has one (which is, after all, not at all uncommon - just as it is not uncommon for the sequels of a film share its continuity).

tenup
G-Force Personnel

Post by tenup »

I think this film should end in a anticlimatic fashion, this way it leaves the doors open to other possibilities. Personally I liked the ending to GXM when the Dimension Tide is successfully used on Godzilla. Imagine the things that can be done with sequels using a similar concept? I just dont expect anything corny/cheesy for this film. If anything I can see this being a single entry stand alone film with others that follow it being crossover films like Godzilla being featured in Pacific Rim or Godzilla vs Cloverfield. Yep They're gonna eventually whore Godzilla out for the big bucks. And I dont get where others get this generic expectation of a trilogy out of this. Is it just because they expect something similar to The Batman trilogy?

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

I say do as many movies as they want as long as they're good (or decent at least). I don't like how everything is tied down to a trilogy.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

^ Agreed. Instead of going for a set number of films, I would like Legendary to just focus on one movie at a time. Let each movie stand on its own, unless it works to the films' benefits to be closely connected in one case or another.

DarkLord
Monarch Researcher

Post by DarkLord »

Rody wrote:^ Agreed. Instead of going for a set number of films, I would like Legendary to just focus on one movie at a time. Let each movie stand on its own, unless it works to the films' benefits to be closely connected in one case or another.

Providing they could maintain a high level of quality in production, script and casting..., then that would be great!

G-fan 27
Samurai

Post by G-fan 27 »

Well even more news confirming godzilla being on a serious note, and someone can repost it into a seperate topic as it seems Elizabeth Olsen seems to be a good candidate for who is going to be in this film

http://screenrant.com/elizabeth-olsen-g ... 2014-cast/

heiseisaegusa
Monsterland Worker

Post by heiseisaegusa »

Tyler wrote:They should know when to stop. One of the Heisei series' biggest faults was not knowing where it was going, especially when it made such a deal about continuity. For me ideal would be three or four.
Agreed, I could have lived without SpaceG. How would they bulk it out to three movies without becoming repetitive though?
84-95

Rody
Xilien Halfling

Post by Rody »

Honda & Tanaka managed it for a lot more than three movies. ;-)

Granted, that may not be a fair comparison...

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

heiseisaegusa wrote:
Agreed, I could have lived without SpaceG. How would they bulk it out to three movies without becoming repetitive though?

This film - Introduce Godzilla, as well as his 2 other monster villains both created from radiation
Sequel - Introduce Rodan or several Rodan's as Godzilla returns to terrorize the city (At the end of the film have a meteor crash on earth)
Final of the Trilogy - Meteor bursts an King Ghidorah is born causing complete chaos an the end of the world. Both Godzilla an a single living Rodan has to battle the space beast an at the end Godzilla disappear;s presumed dead an two men in Tokyo Bay hear a roar from beneath the surface an Godzilla starts to rise an it ends.

I'd be okay with something like that. This series shouldn't go more then a trilogy..