Story details for GODZILLA emerge

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
Pkmatrix
Futurian

Re: Story details for GODZILLA emerge

Post by Pkmatrix »

Hellspawn28 wrote:I think the older generation has seen most of the older films. I'm pretty sure the young generation (Kids and teens) most likely never saw a Godzilla film outside of GINO.
Pretty much. Most people born after 1980 are really only familiar with GINO (which they, universally, seem convinced was titled "Godzilla 2000"). Millenials (people born before 1996) are aware of the Japanese Godzilla and generally know that GINO was a bad remake, even if they've likely not seen any other besides GINO. They were exposed to Godzilla in the mid-90s, with all the toys and the movies appearing on TV semi-regularly, so many do know the difference. Generation Z (people born after 1996) are much less aware of Godzilla as a whole. If they know anything, they vaguely recall having seeing GINO as a small child or caught GINO on TV once - these are the ones who seem completely oblivious of the original movies, in my experience - which is fine, 'cause the oldest are still teenagers.

There are plenty of Millenial (I'm a Millenial) and Generation Z fans, I'm just talking in broad strokes.

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Blackout286 wrote:
HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:
Blackout286 wrote:No, not really, most of the general public are aware of Mothra, Rodan and King Ghidorah, they've seen movies that starred them on TV before, hell they even know that they are in the IDW comics. They know Toho's iconic nonsters. The 1990's weren't that long ago.
No. Hellspawn has a point. You're exaggerating the familiarity of the general public with the franchise. They might know the monsters exist, but they probably aren't very familiar with the plots of the movies. And I guarantee the vast majority of the movie-going audience is not at all familiar with the IDW comic series.
Not really, only the newer generation portion of the general public do not know. A majority has seen Godzilla vs. The Thing, or Godzilla vs. Monster Zero multiple times before whenever they were aired. Including knowledge of the likes of Megalon and Gigan due to Scifi channel and its own airings. And of course due to Godzilla vs. Megalon being historically known throughout the U.S for good and bad reasons. They generally know the monsters, I doubt they did or would care about the plots that had involved them. Due to the vast fame of Godzilla: HCW I've encountered non-fans in real life and online who are now exposed to the IDW series and want to see what else they got. (Not much they'll probably like) You can't really guarantee for sure. I mostly can't either on my part, but due to HCW I think I can safely say that most are very much aware of the IDW comics. Especially with so many ads, meetings, and interviews were put out when IDW first attained the rights and were pumping out Kingdom of Monsters.
Yes. Really. How can you declare for certain that the majority of the general public has seen a Japanese monster movie simply because they aired on SciFi channel? Do you think the majority of people watch SyFy? I certainly do not. I also think more people would declare some form of knowledge about past Godzilla films if they were so familiar. Particularly when GINO came out. How many nonfans were upset because of the lack of King Ghidorah or Rodan? The complaints of nonfans were largely about the quality of the movie. Why, if they were so familiar, did they not express complaints that tie in with their familiarity with the franchise?

As for the point about IDW. This really doesn't help your case. Are you aware of the sales figures for their Godzilla comics? I am. The first issue of KOM sold almost 60,000 issues. Which we can credit largely to it being the first comic. There is then a sharp decline in sales which, honestly, is to be expected with most titles. All their comic series have steadily declined in sales. The highest number was around 14,500 issues sold for KOM #3. Now, let's assume that this movie will bring in an average blockbuster price. Around $500 million. Now, if we base this on the highest number sold after the first issue (14,500) and multiply it by average movie ticket price for 2012 ($7.94 according to MPAA) you get $115,130. Not even $1million. It makes up a very tiny portion of the average summer movie-going audience familiar with KOM. Even a smaller portion would be familiar with HCW. Even if we assume the best and take the 60,000 issues sold for KOM, the portion that makes up the movie going audience is still small. $476,000. So yes, you were exagerrating the "vast fame" of IDW's Godzilla in relation to the average movie going audience. And no, it doesn't support the idea that the majority of the public is familiar with classic TOHO characters or movies. What it does show is that such a bold claim that the majority of the public are familiar is unfounded. Therefore, I call that claim an exaggeration, but not entirely untrue (I'm sure some portion of nonfans are familiar), because of the lack of evidence.

To be clear, I don't mind not having classic monsters. As long as these new monsters are interesting, I should be happy.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

miguelnuva
Justiriser

Post by miguelnuva »

Pkmatrix wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:I think the older generation has seen most of the older films. I'm pretty sure the young generation (Kids and teens) most likely never saw a Godzilla film outside of GINO.
Pretty much. Most people born after 1980 are really only familiar with GINO (which they, universally, seem convinced was titled "Godzilla 2000"). Millenials (people born before 1996) are aware of the Japanese Godzilla and generally know that GINO was a bad remake, even if they've likely not seen any other besides GINO. They were exposed to Godzilla in the mid-90s, with all the toys and the movies appearing on TV semi-regularly, so many do know the difference. Generation Z (people born after 1996) are much less aware of Godzilla as a whole. If they know anything, they vaguely recall having seeing GINO as a small child or caught GINO on TV once - these are the ones who seem completely oblivious of the original movies, in my experience - which is fine, 'cause the oldest are still teenagers.

There are plenty of Millenial (I'm a Millenial) and Generation Z fans, I'm just talking in broad strokes.
You guys do know that everyone knows Godzilla right, he is a pop culture icon it's his foes that many may know. Go outside and ask anyone who is Godzilla and they'll give you an answer.
Mothra vs Godzilla> Gojira

Shadow Area 1-0
Image Image

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

I know a good chunk of people who have no idea what Godzilla is or have even heard of the name.
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

Living Corpse wrote: imagine the opening to Godzilla: Save The Earth but on film instead.
If they ever did something like that I swear to God I would of loved it, and ask them to bury me with the movie.

Blackout286
JXSDF Technician

Post by Blackout286 »

HeiseiGodzilla117 wrote:
Yes. Really. How can you declare for certain that the majority of the general public has seen a Japanese monster movie simply because they aired on SciFi channel? Do you think the majority of people watch SyFy? I certainly do not. I also think more people would declare some form of knowledge about past Godzilla films if they were so familiar. Particularly when GINO came out. How many nonfans were upset because of the lack of King Ghidorah or Rodan? The complaints of nonfans were largely about the quality of the movie. Why, if they were so familiar, did they not express complaints that tie in with their familiarity with the franchise?

As for the point about IDW. This really doesn't help your case. Are you aware of the sales figures for their Godzilla comics? I am. The first issue of KOM sold almost 60,000 issues. Which we can credit largely to it being the first comic. There is then a sharp decline in sales which, honestly, is to be expected with most titles. All their comic series have steadily declined in sales. The highest number was around 14,500 issues sold for KOM #3. Now, let's assume that this movie will bring in an average blockbuster price. Around $500 million. Now, if we base this on the highest number sold after the first issue (14,500) and multiply it by average movie ticket price for 2012 ($7.94 according to MPAA) you get $115,130. Not even $1million. It makes up a very tiny portion of the average summer movie-going audience familiar with KOM. Even a smaller portion would be familiar with HCW. Even if we assume the best and take the 60,000 issues sold for KOM, the portion that makes up the movie going audience is still small. $476,000. So yes, you were exagerrating the "vast fame" of IDW's Godzilla in relation to the average movie going audience. And no, it doesn't support the idea that the majority of the public is familiar with classic TOHO characters or movies. What it does show is that such a bold claim that the majority of the public are familiar is unfounded. Therefore, I call that claim an exaggeration, but not entirely untrue (I'm sure some portion of nonfans are familiar), because of the lack of evidence.

To be clear, I don't mind not having classic monsters. As long as these new monsters are interesting, I should be happy.
They most likely did not complain because they went to the movie to have a good time, it was first Godzilla Hollywood Movie probably thought more movies would be born from it later, adding monsters to the sequels. Which is a reasonable assumption. Hell my friends in school knew all about Godzilla and despite not seeing any Toho Monsters in GINO did not complain. Even with me being young and loving the franchise did not complain nor cared about the lack of Toho monsters within GINO. (Too busy being pissed at GINO's design and how it acted) Why does someone whose a non-fan yet familiar with a medium have to be pissed when a few things miss out? I'm very familiar with Superman, a non-fan as well, I wasn't pissed when he didn't fight any major super villains like Brainiac in Superman Returns.(Sure there's Lex, but another villain could have been used as well) I wasn't mad when there wasn't any in Superman III either. It did leave me confused as part II had Zod, so I was wondering why they lowered down from Zod to Ross in Superman III.

I do believe that they know Toho's Classic Monsters, they most likely never cared for their films. But know the monsters to a decent extent. I'll be in class tomorrow, new semester, new subject, but mostly same classmates. I know them fairly well personally, although they are all gamers on my PSN list. As a personal small experiment, I'll ask them how much do they know about Godzilla. Just the monsters and movies. If most of them can't list more than 5 Toho monsters or films, then I'll fully acknowledge that exposure of the Franchise hasn't really branched out all that much among the public over the years. They are around my age, some are my age, so it'll be interesting. Yes I know that they don't really represent the entire general public, just a experiment to see if a small piece of the general public within my class does have knowledge of it.
Legion1979 wrote:
Blackout286 wrote:
No, not really, most of the general public are aware of Mothra, Rodan and King Ghidorah, they've seen movies that starred them on TV before, hell they even know that they are in the IDW comics. They know Toho's iconic nonsters. The 1990's weren't that long ago.
Ok, here's the thing. Yes, the general public definitely knows Rodan and Mothra (and to a lesser extent King Ghidorah) but that's primarily through the popularity of the older films, through merchandise and through references/word of mouth. I can guarantee you that the general public has probably never seen the Heisei or Millennium film outside of Godzilla 1985 or Godzilla 2000. So they really don't know how many films those characters have been in nor how overused they've been.
With the Godzilla 1998 Boom and the Showing of Heisei Marathons playing, some portion of the general public must have seen some of the Heisei films beyond Godzilla 1985. Not saying the majority of course, but certainly some portion must've been exposed to them? I wasn't exposed to the Heisei films until I caught a Heisei Marathon off AMC way back then. I was simply flipping through channels and BAM. Not sure why they were doing it though..

HeiseiGodzilla117
Xilien Halfling

Post by HeiseiGodzilla117 »

Legion1979 wrote:I think far too many Godzilla fans are too deep inside their little fandom bubbles to realize that the mainstream...the general public, John and Jane Smith whose knowledge of Japanese monsters doesn't extend far beyond knowing things like "Godzilla vs King Kong" and "that big butterfly" exist...probably couldn't tell an Angilas from a Baragon if you paid them to.

I don't think GINO, a few cable marathons or DVDs in a sci-fi section of the local Best Buy really changed all of that.
Or the comics (Dark Horse and IDW) for that matter. The Godzilla franchise is very niche. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But it's something the fandom needs to acknowledge.
Spirit Ghidorah 2010 wrote: Sun Dec 03, 2023 4:54 pm Anno-san pleasures me more than Yamasaki-san.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

miguelnuva wrote:
Pkmatrix wrote:

You guys do know that everyone knows Godzilla right, he is a pop culture icon it's his foes that many may know. Go outside and ask anyone who is Godzilla and they'll give you an answer.
Just because Godzilla is a household name and a pop icon doesn't mean the general public knows a single thing about the character or the franchise. Everyone knows the Hulk too. How many of the Hulk's rogues gallery can you name? How about Tarzan's? Zorro? How many Tarzan or Zorro movies have you seen? Myself, I can only be sure I saw Disney's Tarzan and the two Antonio Banderas Zorro movies. It really isn't that shocking to believe younger people are only familiar with GINO.

goji89
Sazer

Post by goji89 »

^^ True. "Godzilla" may have become more of a Gimmick for naming huge events or sales. Doesn't mean they know his origin, movies, or foes. All they know is that he's huge, and breathes fire. If anything they would remember it from seeing japanese people running and screaming. I bet if you saw a bunch of japanese running you would scream GODZILLA!!.

Hipster Thor
Gotengo Officer

Post by Hipster Thor »

Kind of upset that people don't understand that 80% of the stuff I posted would not be introduced into the first installment. So, I think it would be fine for general audiences. Also upset that people are throwing around "rehash" when every major movie in theaters nowadays is basically a rehash. Sure you get a Cloud Atlas now and again, but those generally bomb. No matter what route Godzilla 2014 does, it WILL be a rehash. Either of the original Godzilla film or of something like Cloverfield or Monsters(far more likely). The whole point of my ideas are to expand the universe and give it depth and take old ideas and do them in a way that is frankly better.I'm not trying to come up with new ideas. I'm taking ideas that work and am re-envisioning for the modern age. I wasn't going out of my way to be original, because as it stands most of the universe is pretty perfect as it is and doesn't need to be really changed. It just needs to all make sense in terms of the universe's internal logic and be flashy and sleek enough to look fresh for fans, while providing plenty of nostalgia factor WHILE adding new stories to be told within that universe. Genreal Audiences are getting ALL OF THIS for the first time, so they couldn't care less if it was a rehash, because they are unaware of the original material. But I'd like to get back to this point here;
WHILE adding new stories to be told within that universe.
See, most of you took what I read and thought that was all part of the plot. Incorrect. The only plot based thing is at the very end. Everything there is all about setting up a universe. No of it is story it's merely a world. Once the world is created one can come up with numerous ideas within that world that are original. I have all kinds of ideas for stories that have never been attempted before and ways of telling the that are fresh. Just because we're dealing with similar concepts, doesn't mean it cannot be told in a new and inventive way. Furthermore, people are quick to dismiss all of that when there are plenty of ideas and re-inventions in there that were never in any Godzilla movie period. I retconned Godzilla's entire origin and even the origin of mankind itself! It also seems like some people don't really understand some of the concepts I'm talking about, or are just unimaginative in terms of projecting the scope and depth towards which things go and will eventually go. I'm thinking in concepts of quasi-religious themes, statements about terrorism, technological advancement, generational conflict, environmental impact but attempting to express them in fun, pulpy action stories that all connect to each other in some way. Furthermore, I only explained what is in the franchise currently. I never explained what will be.

Okay, let's take some ingredients straight from my summary of the world and build a story.

-Jet Jaguar and his inventor

-Civilization beneath the ocean floor

-Mystery about where the monsters come from

Ok, let's bullshit a story right now that is something that has not been done before in the Godzilla series. Promise that I am doing this all on the spot and had no preparation before hand.

Okay, since the Beacon landed on Earth satellites have picked up mysterious geothermal activity in an underwater area that has no tectonic activity. KCN is asked to investigate because they are the heroes and even though that is technically not their job, the plot demands they be involved. You can say the UN wants to make sure it's not another monster like Titanosaurus or something. So Dr. Ibuki(played by George Takei in y head), much to the protest of his team mates, as controlling Jet Jaguar is slowly killing him because of his age, puts on his neural suit and guides Jet Jaguar to the bottom of the ocean. He finds a cave that leads to a giant air bubble underneath the earth where a temple of mammoth scale was built. Oddly, it's stairs, hallways, and doorways are large enough to accommodate Jet Jaguar. As Jet Jaguar is exploring the ruin, he is relaying visuals and sound back to KCN. However the temple is guarded by stone guardians that attempt to stop Jet Jaguar from progressing. The crux of the story obviously revolves around finding out more of the monsters' origins, but also deals with the fact that Dr. Ibuki is taking continuous abuse by controlling Jet Jaguar while fighting the sentinels, and him coming to grips with that he's to old to wear the suit and he needs to pass on the mantle to another KCN member.

Boom instant plot made from the universe's ingredients.

What upsets me even more is that no one commented on my idea to reboot the franchise in the form of television(the above would fit nicely into the episode format I had laid out), or cheaper, more frequent, films instead of going the "big budget event picture" route. There's less to risk when you're spending around 20 million per production, so that leaves more room to be weird and interesting.

ONE MORE THING, irrelevant to the post. Are people saying it would be useless to add old monsters because general audiences wouldn't recognize them? Then what would be the point in creating NEW monsters, it would make absolutely no difference to the general public. At least with old monsters you're pleasing the fans.
"My opinion matters and you need to hear, it regardless of how rude and obnoxious my posts are, because I'm smarter than all of you."
It isn't conderacting if i'm pissed.
Let's dance.

http://20sideshero.tumblr.com/

Captain Aktion
Terminated
Terminated

Post by Captain Aktion »

Svitska Donkun wrote:Kind of upset that people don't understand that 80% of the stuff I posted would not be introduced into the first installment.
That's why it doesn't apply. When you place an opening bet, do you put up 80% of your chips? Good for a game we're playing for fun, if all you want to do is eat the chips and watch the game, but if you want to see a return on your investment...?
http://captainaktion.tumblr.com/

This website is for noncommercial use only and is not affiliated with, or authorized or endorsed by Toho Co. Ltd.

Forum Rules and Guidelines Excerpt, Section 10:
Staff Accountability
no moderator, administrator, group moderator, forum leader, site staffer, or former member of the aforementioned groups is exempt from scrutiny

Failure by members or ex-members of leadership to avoid such activity may result in termination.

Know The Score

Hipster Thor
Gotengo Officer

Post by Hipster Thor »

Captain Aktion wrote:
Svitska Donkun wrote:Kind of upset that people don't understand that 80% of the stuff I posted would not be introduced into the first installment.
That's why it doesn't apply. When you place an opening bet, do you put up 80% of your chips? Good for a game we're playing for fun, if all you want to do is eat the chips and watch the game, but if you want to see a return on your investment...?
I put down my chips on my vision for a rebooted franchise, And then let other people eat them. I think the whole idea of this reboot movie is narrow minded. I'm looking at how to make the bigger picture more rosey. I still contend that I can write a script that's better than Legendary's in everyway, were I actually to sit down and iron out the plot of the first installment. I was showing TK how I think.
"My opinion matters and you need to hear, it regardless of how rude and obnoxious my posts are, because I'm smarter than all of you."
Let's dance.

Pkmatrix
Futurian

Post by Pkmatrix »

That's just because of how you ordered your post. Had you started with your plot summary, and then said "in later installments, I'd like to include this", I think people might've understood your point a bit better.
Svitska Donkun wrote:So, I think it would be fine for general audiences. Also upset that people are throwing around "rehash" when every major movie in theaters nowadays is basically a rehash. Sure you get a Cloud Atlas now and again, but those generally bomb. No matter what route Godzilla 2014 does, it WILL be a rehash. Either of the original Godzilla film or of something like Cloverfield or Monsters(far more likely). The whole point of my ideas are to expand the universe and give it depth and take old ideas and do them in a way that is frankly better.I'm not trying to come up with new ideas. I'm taking ideas that work and am re-envisioning for the modern age. I wasn't going out of my way to be original, because as it stands most of the universe is pretty perfect as it is and doesn't need to be really changed. It just needs to all make sense in terms of the universe's internal logic and be flashy and sleek enough to look fresh for fans, while providing plenty of nostalgia factor WHILE adding new stories to be told within that universe. Genreal Audiences are getting ALL OF THIS for the first time, so they couldn't care less if it was a rehash, because they are unaware of the original material.
I agree that dismissing what you wrote on that basis is wrong - basically everything in Hollywood is a rehash of something, especially the superhero movies that hav been so successful recently.
Svitska Donkun wrote:What upsets me even more is that no one commented on my idea to reboot the franchise in the form of television(the above would fit nicely into the episode format I had laid out), or cheaper, more frequent, films instead of going the "big budget event picture" route. There's less to risk when you're spending around 20 million per production, so that leaves more room to be weird and interesting.
Sorry about that! There was so much in your post I simply forgot to respond to it.

The only ones doing anything like what you're saying right now are HBO and Showtime, I think (not going back to your big post right now, but I think you did point that out). Now, the bad news is that TV as a whole is dying (and will be dead within 15 to 20 years), so I'm not sure if there's too much of a future there. The good news is that it is in the process of being replaced by Netflix, Amazon, and other streaming services, so it would be possible to just produce and directly release to Netflix or Amazon if that's what the studios wanted to do.

As a straighter TV Show...eh, I dunno, I'm not much of a fan of the "TV Show" as a format to begin with. I'd prefer movies, and I've always liked the idea of establishing Godzilla as a tentpole franchise.
Svitska Donkun wrote:ONE MORE THING, irrelevant to the post. Are people saying it would be useless to add old monsters because general audiences wouldn't recognize them? Then what would be the point in creating NEW monsters, it would make absolutely no difference to the general public. At least with old monsters you're pleasing the fans.
No, we're just pointing out that whether it's a new monster or an old monster is irrelevant, because old monsters would be as new as new monsters. We'd prefer they used the old monsters (Rodan, Mothra, King Ghidorah, and Mechagodzilla have name recognition, even if the audiences have never seen them before or know anything about them), but since they don't have the rights to any existing monsters for this movie I don't think it's anything worse than a little disappointment. We're reacting to a couple people who seem surprised by the idea that a general American audience wouldn't know who Mothra or King Ghidorah is beyond the name (if they knew the name at all).

I'm surprised that there's no indication they're going to use Hedorah, though, who I thought was a given considering Yoshimitsu Banno's involvement with the project, but ah well.

Hipster Thor
Gotengo Officer

Post by Hipster Thor »

I think people vastly overestimate King Ghidorah''s notoriety. Mothra and Rodan, yes, most people know them. Mechagodzilla, also yes, because the name is self explanatory.

My own father thought the film "Reptilicus" was the one that featured King Ghidorah(He had seen both in theaters. During their original run). I was like, 6, and he saw it listed in TV Guide, and he knew how keen I was on Godzilla films. He hyped it up so much about the three headed monster, and how Godzilla and Mothra and Rodan had to join forces. So I was, like, drooling at the mouth. Watched the film.

I was disappoint.
Let's dance.

ZillaMaster91
G-Grasper

Post by ZillaMaster91 »

Svitska Donkun wrote:I think people vastly overestimate King Ghidorah''s notoriety. Mothra and Rodan, yes, most people know them. Mechagodzilla, also yes, because the name is self explanatory.

My own father thought the film "Reptilicus" was the one that featured King Ghidorah(He had seen both in theaters. During their original run). I was like, 6, and he saw it listed in TV Guide, and he knew how keen I was on Godzilla films. He hyped it up so much about the three headed monster, and how Godzilla and Mothra and Rodan had to join forces. So I was, like, drooling at the mouth. Watched the film.

I was disappoint.
I lived in Denmark four a couple years, back in 2002, when I was a child.
Remembered hearing about Reptilicus for the first time back then, and engaging in a series of playground arguments that end up with me boasting that Godzilla can beat Reptilicus any day. Ah, good times.

shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

Post by shinmattiathekaiju »

ZillaMaster91 wrote:
Svitska Donkun wrote:I think people vastly overestimate King Ghidorah''s notoriety. Mothra and Rodan, yes, most people know them. Mechagodzilla, also yes, because the name is self explanatory.

I was disappoint.
Remembered hearing about Reptilicus for the first time back then, and engaging in a series of playground arguments that end up with me boasting that Godzilla can beat Reptilicus any day. Ah, good times.
No shit. Reptilicus can only spit green soda.
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1

Hipster Thor
Gotengo Officer

Post by Hipster Thor »

shinmattiathekaiju wrote:
ZillaMaster91 wrote:

I was disappoint.
No shit. Reptilicus can only spit green soda.
He can still do more than Gorosaurus. The whole, "starfish" logic his cells govern themselves by is certainly dangerous.
Let's dance.

Mr. Xeno
Futurian

Post by Mr. Xeno »

I would just like to say, Donkun, that I think you're idea (and the world you built for it) sounds really cool. I had a bit of a hard time accepting the "Godzilla made by aliens" bit, but overall, I think it sounds incredibly cool. It reminds me of my own idea for a Ninja Turtles show to replace the terrible Nickelodeon one.

Anyway, ON TOPIC! I'd definitely like seeing two new monsters, especially after seeing only 3 new ones in the Millennium series. If they were to use original Toho monsters, I would prefer them to use ones that never really got a chance to shine. We've seen Ghidorah a million times, but only SpaceGodzilla, or Titanosaurus, or Megalon, or Hedorah once (no, Hedorah's 5 second cameo in Final Wars does not count). And that's not even counting monsters like Varan, who REALLY never got a chance to stand out.
Castellan Zilla wrote:What? No dots on SHMA Mothra?! In the trash she goes.

Breakdown
Keizer

Post by Breakdown »

Wasn't Godzilla made by aliens in the first draft of the TriStar film?
ImageImage
Every rose has it's thorns

shinmattiathekaiju
EDF Instructor

Post by shinmattiathekaiju »

Jomei wrote:Godzilla made by aliens? You should call Michael Bay. He might be interested in directing the next one based on your story.

''I'm directly below Godzilla's scrotum''.

Minilla:''I'm gonna bust a cap in your ass.''

'''no no no no no no no noooooooo!''

Godzilla will have only 20% of screen time and the fights are only 30 seconds long.

Sorry, but Jomei has unleashed the beast inside of me.
Living Corpse wrote:Being underrated and underground is overrated.
Varan Bon Ziller wrote:The lack of Bay is always a plus...

http://www.youtube.com/user/Ultramanmattia1