Powers and abilities speculation

For the discussion of the Legendary Pictures MonsterVerse. This includes Godzilla (2014), Kong: Skull Island and any upcoming films under the MonsterVerse umbrella.
Forum rules
Please be sure to read the subforum sticky "Regarding: Monsterverse Leaks & Unofficial Photos [Updated 7/13/2018]", linked below. Thank you!

https://www.tohokingdom.com/forum/viewt ... &p=1472505
HayesAJones
Keizer

Re: Powers?

Post by HayesAJones »

I think the atomic pulse would be a good move to turn the tide of the battle. And it be amazing to see the spiral ray in Hollywood CGI. As for a new power? It's not really a power, but I'd like to see Godzilla have control over his nuclear breathe. Like he could use a huge, wide blast to annihilate enemies, a thin, accurate beams for taking out fast-moving targets, or a quick flash to surprise other monsters. That would be cool.

GodzillaIsCool
Interpol Agent

Post by GodzillaIsCool »

FALCO... PUNCH!!!!1

omgitsgodzilla
E.S.P.Spy

Post by omgitsgodzilla »

GodzillaIsCool wrote:FALCO... PUNCH!!!!1
:roll:

Anyway... no GvsMG electromagnetic powers. In the 70s, the movies were so "out there" that I could live with that. But here I'd prefer the nuclear pulse.
RED MENACE
Projects YouTube Patreon

Blackout286
JXSDF Technician

Post by Blackout286 »

Nuclear Breath and Nuclear Pulse along with Regeneration is all I hope LP will show and bring.
Hopefully the Nuclear Breath is done right and looks powerful.

ZigraDude
Monarch Researcher

Post by ZigraDude »

As long as he has his trademark Atomic Breath and isn't killed off by conventional human weapons (He shouldn't be killed off any way) I'm fine with it.

Xx_The_Masquerade_xX
Futurian

Post by Xx_The_Masquerade_xX »

As long as they don't give him the Eye Beams like they did in the Hannah Barbra series or whatever Lol...That's be one step to far. He just needs to be invincible to the military an have his atomic breath an id be quite content.

Arrow
Gotengo Officer

Post by Arrow »

All Godzilla needs is his atomic breath. And I'd personally like to see it redone a bit. Make it more like blue fire instead of the thick, solid beams. And that's ALL HE NEEDS. Please, no more Spiral Ray, no more Pulse. No more power upgrades. Keep it simple. Atomic breath. Done.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Give him atomic breath, definitely. But if they do give him the nuclear pulse, they should limit it to where Godzilla must absorb a certain amount of nuclear radiation before he can use it.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Darkness
Interpol Agent

Post by Darkness »

Arrow wrote:All Godzilla needs is his atomic breath. And I'd personally like to see it redone a bit. Make it more like blue fire instead of the thick, solid beams. And that's ALL HE NEEDS. Please, no more Spiral Ray, no more Pulse. No more power upgrades. Keep it simple. Atomic breath. Done.
I actually want Godzilla's breath to be a beam instead of fire. I cannot imagine Godzilla's breath looking that powerful if it looks just like blue fire. I wanna see Godzilla's breath demolish and destroy cities, not just light them on fire. As for other powers, I'd like regeneration and the nuclear pulse. If they want to do the spiral ray at some point, save it for later films or don't do it at all.

Arrow
Gotengo Officer

Post by Arrow »

Darkness wrote:
Arrow wrote:All Godzilla needs is his atomic breath. And I'd personally like to see it redone a bit. Make it more like blue fire instead of the thick, solid beams. And that's ALL HE NEEDS. Please, no more Spiral Ray, no more Pulse. No more power upgrades. Keep it simple. Atomic breath. Done.
I actually want Godzilla's breath to be a beam instead of fire. I cannot imagine Godzilla's breath looking that powerful if it looks just like blue fire.
You don't think '54 Godzilla's breath was that powerful? It melted steel towers, blasted tanks, and set the entire city of Tokyo on fire. Look at the way they animated it. Firey, gasous, but still explosive. That's pretty damn impressive. Heisei/Millennium Godzilla had powerful beam weapons, but I'm no longer all that fond of the constant laser effect. I think it'd be a cool change of pace to get back to the original style, somewhat.
I wanna see Godzilla's breath demolish and destroy cities, not just light them on fire.
And '54 Godzilla's ray did exactly that. I'm suggesting a return to that style. I want the beam to be explosive and flammable, not just explosive.
As for other powers, I'd like regeneration and the nuclear pulse.

I'm pretty neutral on Nuclear Pulse but I wonder if Godzilla really needs regeneration this time around. Is it really all that important outside of FMs? It wouldn't kill me if they stuck Godzilla with it, but I don't think it should be played up.
If they want to do the spiral ray at some point, save it for later films or don't do it at all.
Oh please no. Let's keep Spiral Ray in the Heisei series, shall we?

Blackout286
JXSDF Technician

Post by Blackout286 »

Living Corpse wrote:
Blackout286 wrote:Nuclear Breath and Nuclear Pulse along with Regeneration is all I hope LP will show and bring.
Hopefully the Nuclear Breath is done right and looks powerful.

This I like.

He shouldn't have a million different powers and honestly for most of the film I'm fine with him just using his beam, teeth, claws, and tail but when he is fighting the other monster it would be cool to see him use a nuclear pulse or something. Pretty much make it clear that the beam alone won't kill the other monster and it would make the other monster seem tough if they show Godzilla use at least one other power on him that he didn't use for the rest of the film.
Exactly.

Since Godzilla will most likely go up against another monster or a large military battle front, nuclear pulse is pretty much welcomed. And to me, a nuclear pulse should pretty much have the force and destructive power of the H-Bomb. A powerful nuclear shockwave that wipes mostly everything out within a mildly large range all around. Of course, limitations are needed. Godzilla should only be able to use it if he's surrounded by the military, or if it's a extreme last resort kind of situation against another monster. And when he does use it, he can't use his Nuclear Breath for a certain amount of time.

I want Godzilla to be powerful, but I don't want a Heisei copy in which Godzilla often relies on his nuclear weapons. I want LP Godzilla to have a bit Showa in him, mostly tooth and claw kind of fighter. But only uses his nuclear powers as a last resort.

Showa Gyaos
Keizer

Post by Showa Gyaos »

Legion1979 wrote:
Arrow wrote: I'm pretty neutral on Nuclear Pulse but I wonder if Godzilla really needs regeneration this time around. Is it really all that important outside of FMs?
No. All he needs to be is a tough son of a bitch. We don't need an explanation why.
If there's an enemy monster, Legendary Pictures had better pad him up, because we don't need another one-sided Godzilla movie.
ScrumpBump wrote:
BARAGONBREH wrote:What a crap "theory". It's a great time to be alive though, I guess. Buy yourself a MacBook, spout some BS and post it on YouTube and you can make a buncha money.
Kong is Ness and Skull Island is apart of Undertale.

Gib money.

Gorosaurus Rex
EDF Instructor

Post by Gorosaurus Rex »

Outside of his nuclear ray, intelligence, and regeneration, I would not like to see the Big G have any other powers. Its always kind've hokey when he does. I guess a nuclear pulse would be acceptible if used sparingly and to good effect.
SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote: And Godzilla isn't Pixar. The latter deals with children. The former deals with adults who behave like children.

Arrow
Gotengo Officer

Post by Arrow »

SuperSaiyan4Godzilla wrote:When Godzilla's blast was given speed and mass, it became impressive.
I wasn't necessarily thinking about the mist ray. Remember when his ray was animated? It actually looked like atomic fire. That's what I was talking about earlier. I still want it to be powerful, but carry an element of fire in it too. Actually set things on fire like the original Godzilla did, instead of just blast things apart - if you get what I'm saying. Combine elements of the '54 Godzilla's ray into the Heisei Godzilla's and you have something pretty neat.

Killswitch
G-Force Personnel

Post by Killswitch »

Atomic Breath is good enough for me. No crazy powers, thank you!
I liked the Atomic Breath in GMK. It didn't look too laser beam, like some of the other newer films.

HedorahLives
Monsterland Worker

Post by HedorahLives »

Gorosaurus Rex wrote:Outside of his nuclear ray, intelligence, and regeneration, I would not like to see the Big G have any other powers. Its always kind've hokey when he does. I guess a nuclear pulse would be acceptible if used sparingly and to good effect.
I see the nuclear pulse as a last resort attack. He's only ever used it when he's hopelessly surrounded. I've always liked it and I'd like to see the new Godzilla retain it, but who knows how much LP will be basing their Godzilla on the Heisei films?

TokyoVigilante
Futurian

Post by TokyoVigilante »

I wouldn't mind the Nuclear Pulse. But I could live without it.

Beam and brute strength, plz. Preferably a beam like the GMK one. A perfect hybird of the gaseous spray look, while having lots of impact (which you will pretty much need for the devestation to be taken seriously). I love the kinetic-less beam as a retro throwback type of a deal, but for cinematic purposes it's best if it pounds and obliterates things.
“I have never listened to anyone who criticized my taste in space travel, sideshows or gorillas. When this occurs, I pack up my dinosaurs and leave the room.” - Ray Bradbury

KaijuSapian
G-Force Personnel

Post by KaijuSapian »

-Thermonuclear heat ray, they can do what they want with this, just as long as they keep it BLUE and a laser beam like weapon. If they want, they can have variations in power.
-Indestructibility.
And that's about it. But I think if they were going to establish regen, they should depict it ala Wolverine. I think it would be neat to see a scene showcasing his regen in action.
Last edited by KaijuSapian on Tue Sep 07, 2010 8:38 am, edited 2 times in total.
Legion1979 wrote:Giant monsters can do anything they want to.

YawnMasta
Interpol Agent

Post by YawnMasta »

I don't mind new powers. Just keep the Atomic Ray and Godzilla as a tough SOB than everything's fine and dandy with me
Shadow Arena Scores

1-7 Shit
Ko'd once. On the second turn no less

Primevalgodzilla V2
Futurian

Post by Primevalgodzilla V2 »

Ray- It must be hyper-powerful in this movie. Is after all, his signature move. Preferably Heisei styled. It would be great to see a Spiral Ray in the later films.

Regen- Its one of Goji's most recurring abilties and should be incorporated.

Super stregnth- good for the T&C fights.

Nigh-indestructability- The military shouldn't do jack shit against this Goji

Incredibly radioactive. Being a walking nuke, Godzilla's mere presence should cause radiaion sicmness to anyone within a hundred meter radius of him. Even if a human/monster/tank avoids Goji's ray, the radiation poisoning released from it should be deadly. Goji, is after all a walking nuclear bomb, and one of the most feared and remebered aspects of it is radiation toxicity that continued to cause waves after the bomb.
It is a simple story. There is nothing that brings me happiness. Be it believing in others or them believe in me, it did not matter.
What others called happiness simply did not bring me joy.